What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sushil Kumar wins Silver Medal on last Day.

2012_8$img12_Aug_2012_PTI8_12_2012_000121B-g.jpg

==

1604703996.jpg

==

sushil-podium.jpg

So confusing pathetic Closing Ceremony. I know for the good, not many watched the closing ceremony. Thank God its over!!!

For the better first half of Closing Ceremony just like Opening Ceremony, I didn't understand what was happening, so much delays and boring. CAMERA Work was Pathetic. It all looked disconnected with each other in sequence.

** No Doubt there were good parts. The 25% I liked was the flame style, Punjabi music, fashion entrance and spice girls. The LEDs and Lighting style was very nice and artistic. Volunteers work is appreciable. Of-course the Chinese fireworks was good.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3298652 said:
thank god london olympics are nearly over, absolute disaster of an olympics, hope in next olympics the neutral and better judges are appointed and less controversy happens

Pakistan performance was so bad....Why Pakistanis donot put any interest left in the games.

Yes, Fair judges, fair decisions, less bias and no controversies were all missing in London 2012 Olympics. The Olympic spirit was dead most of the time...with empty seats. So much artificiality and unwanted drama. pathetic less knowledgeable journalists and media hype of BBC, SKy tv and CNN etc etc.

Thank God the British Olympic 2012 games is OVER Finally! What a torture, and controversies was all around the Games. It became a punishment, no wonder no one was cheering for Team Great Britain Medals anymore.

Closing ceremoney was beautiful. Nice display. Songs were also nice and wonderful beat by DJ:smitten:

Final thoughts:

2012 was great. Athletes were great. I just wish the coaches were as well trained as the athletes. It stinks a big one that some athletes from Egypt, China, Indonesia, etc. lost the chance for gold because their coaches gave them instructions to lose (ex: badminton) or handed them incorrect schedules so they missed their matches (ex: wrestling). And, of course, us spectators feel a bit cheated as well.

2012 was utter rubbish! Really, how does ROCK music INSPIRE THE GENERATION??

So confusing pathetic Closing Ceremony. I know for the good, not many watched the closing ceremony. Thank God its over!!!

For the better first half of Closing Ceremony just like Opening Ceremony, I didn't understand what was happening, so much delays and boring. CAMERA Work was Pathetic. It all looked disconnected with each other in sequence.

** No Doubt there were good parts. The 25% I liked was the flame style, Punjabi music, fashion entrance and spice girls. The LEDs and Lighting style was very nice and artistic. Volunteers work is appreciable. Of-course the Chinese fireworks was good.

Yes, Fair judges, fair decisions, less bias and no controversies were all missing in London 2012 Olympics. The Olympic spirit was dead most of the time...with empty seats. So much artificiality and unwanted drama. pathetic less knowledgeable journalists and media hype of BBC, SKy tv and CNN etc etc.

Thank God the British Olympic 2012 games is OVER Finally! What a torture, and controversies was all around the Games. It became a punishment, no wonder no one was cheering for Team Great Britain Medals anymore.

Totally agreed

It stinks a big one that some athletes from Egypt, China, Indonesia, etc. lost the chance for gold because their coaches gave them instructions to lose (ex: badminton) or handed them incorrect schedules so they missed their matches (ex: wrestling). And, of course, us spectators feel a bit cheated as well.
O yea!

2012 was utter rubbish! Really, how does ROCK music INSPIRE THE GENERATION??

Totally agreed

O yea!
Well the athletics is meant to inspire a generation which hopefully it has done.
Music is something we are good at and is just meant for entertainment.

Well the athletics is meant to inspire a generation which hopefully it has done.
Music is something we are good at and is just meant for entertainment.

Well, UK is BETTER than just people screaming their voice box out! They gave soooo much time to the rock and just mere minutes to the rest of the stuff like the Scottish bean pipes, the bhangra, the wright brother's attempt to flight...could have added other stuff- I mean seriously There are LOVELY castles here, Scotland is simply breath-taking, Stonehenge is a heritage, Cambridge is known for the discovery of the structure of the DNA, famous uni like Oxford and UCL and others....

ALL THAT would have inspired a generation into being a proud Brit!

Not displaying stars who actually died of AIDS, were drug junkies and other stuff!!

Well, UK is BETTER than just people screaming their voice box out! They gave soooo much time to the rock and just mere minutes to the rest of the stuff like the Scottish bean pipes, the bhangra, the wright brother's attempt to flight...could have added other stuff- I mean seriously There are LOVELY castles here, Scotland is simply breath-taking, Stonehenge is a heritage, Cambridge is known for the discovery of the structure of the DNA, famous uni like Oxford and UCL and others....

ALL THAT would have inspired a generation into being a proud Brit!

Not displaying stars who actually died of AIDS, were drug junkies and other stuff!!
I think they wanted to show a more modern Britain. So that means doing away with castles, royal parades, pomp and ceremony etc.
sure we are famous for those things but how do you translate that into entertainment? Whereas music is ready to go.
Besides they did show Tim BL in the opening ceremony.
Regardless they were massively influential people.

Well, UK is BETTER than just people screaming their voice box out! They gave soooo much time to the rock !!

Closing ceremony was a good show. But please remember this was a goodbye party for the athletes. These young people had not had fun for weeks if not months. This was their time, not ours to brood about.

peace,

Final thoughts:

2012 was great. Athletes were great. I just wish the coaches were as well trained as the athletes. It stinks a big one that some athletes from Egypt, China, Indonesia, etc. lost the chance for gold because their coaches gave them instructions to lose (ex: badminton) or handed them incorrect schedules so they missed their matches (ex: wrestling). And, of course, us spectators feel a bit cheated as well.

you forget S korea and it is silly to bring up something that the governing body was at fault! And there many worms in the can waiting for you to open! Do you want to?

Closing ceremony was a good show. But please remember this was a goodbye party for the athletes. These young people had not had fun for weeks if not months. This was their time, not ours to brood about.

peace,

there are tens of millions more in front of their tv sets watching. the organisers have to take care of them too. It was presented as a mixture of carnival and a mega rock concert of popular stars past and present. Glamourous, upbeating, fairly good but surely not exceptional!

...it is silly to bring up something that the governing body was at fault!
This is the Olympics and Chinese don't get to play by Chinese rules. Train your coaches to teach their players to play in the spirit expected of them, even if that means other Chinese may lose as a result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom