What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beijing Olympics went well for them as well since it is very close to them. Anyways, they are 4th right now in term of gold medal, let's see it goes. I guess it is not they outperform themselves but rather outperforming everyone else.

Outperforming everyone else is an exaggeration I think!

Outperforming everyone else is an exaggeration I think!

Well, since traditional Olympic powers like Germany, France, Australia didn't perform very well. So yes, ROK is No.4 now, and they perform accordingly unlike the others.

Well, since traditional Olympic powers like Germany, France, Australia didn't perform very well. So yes, ROK is No.4 now, and they perform accordingly unlike the others.

The Koreans dont have many events left to win medals. They have 3 contenders in the preliminary rounds of Taekwondo. Even they can manage to win all three, they are not a lot better since there are still a no of medals left in athletics, canoeing and many ball games in which the "traditional powers" can gain pace. They are good competitors but to say they have outperformed everyone else is over the board!

@shuttler our hockey dissapearing because it never had money init.... Google the Quotes of Dhanraj pillai.... You will know what i meant.... Cricket will never dissapear.... Its richest game in sport. Our BCCI became multi billion dollar board within a decade.... Cricket is in genes of indians. We not good at other sports because we dont spend much time init.... Cricket is 'the' game of india.... Next month is T20 world cup and we indians already in mood of party.... Australia, england, westindiz, south africa, pakistan, shri lanka, bangladesh, scotland etc etc nations will eye on t20 world cup.... Lot of money at stake.... Far more then olympics. Cricket wont die ever. By the way i hope china would be part of cricket soon.... China predicted that they will play world in 2019.... Well its tough though.... Cricket really not simple sport like running. Its very complicated game. Even baseball players came in india to teach indians baseball. They tried to learn cricket but they got scared by fast bowling and they lost stamina due to weight of things a cricketer need to wear.... Cricket is very special sport and the most toughest sport.... If china really can make it into 2019 world cup then yes china indeed new superpower of sport.... America trying to get into cricket since decades but they couldnt do it.... i think indonesia singapore malaysia too trying hard but they are far behind in ranking.... India right now at no.1 spot in one day cricket. in IPL a player can earn upto 2 million for few days of cricket.... This is the reason jamaican 2nd fastest men BLAKE want to join indian premere leaque.... He plays cricket and so does USAIN BOLT but both nowhere near top players.... This shows how difficult it is to play cricket.... Cricket is india's heart.... People says india not good at olympic.... i say other countries not good at cricket....

The Koreans dont have many events left to win medals. They have 3 contenders in the preliminary rounds of Taekwondo. Even they can manage to win all three, they are not a lot better since there are still a no of medals left in athletics, canoeing and many ball games in which the "traditional powers" can gain pace. They are good competitors but to say they have outperformed everyone else is over the board!

There are still a lot of athletics and basketball events left, in which Americans can do very well.

It is going to be extremely close!

People says india not good at olympic.... i say other countries not good at cricket....

I take it as one of the biggest indian excuses!

Even in the Cricket World Cup, the Aussies are much more successful than you guys and the Pakistanis and S Lankans are not that far behind from your achievements

Cricket World Cup

Dammit. Our weakness in track & field is really costing us in the medal table. In swimming we did well to improve but in track & field we have not made much progress. I think we should concentrate on field events where we can compete as track has Jamaicans and Africans to challenge the Americans.
We all know the US gets the vast majority of their medals in swimming and track & field. I think we should concentrate on these 2 sports to close the gap.

Swimming:
China: 5G overall 10
US: 16G overall 30
DIFFERENCE: 11G overall 20

Track & Field (on going):
China: 1G overall 3
US: 5G overall 20
DIFFERENCE: 4G overall 17.

Thats the problem with u.... Too much into the past.... Australia was unbeaten in 1930s. Sir don is the one who gave aussie too many wins. Than in 1990s too australia ruled but currently india ruling.... Yes we did lost in england and australia but we beat them when they here in india.... India current world champion.... India also won T20 world cup.... Australia defeated india many time in past.... But currently india doing far better. England defeated Australia and pakistan defeated england. But india doing far better. Now we are waiting for t20 world cup.... Then england touring india and then australia coming in india....
http://caressedthroughcovers.files....20-2007-world-cup-win-celebration-3005091.jpg
The Times of India on Mobile
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GVhzqC5HJ...00/India-World-Cup-Cricket-Champions-2011.jpg

Never heard cricket before. you can ignore the indians
Just think cricket as a lame version of baseball. It is played professionally by mostly if not only commonwealth nations. Right now there is only 10 full members in the International Cricket Council.
800px-ICC-cricket-member-nations.png

Thats the problem with u.... Too much into the past.... Australia was unbeaten in 1930s. Sir don is the one who gave aussie too many wins. Than in 1990s too australia ruled but currently india ruling.... Yes we did lost in england and australia but we beat them when they here in india.... India current world champion.... India also won T20 world cup.... Australia defeated india many time in past.... But currently india doing far better. England defeated Australia and pakistan defeated england. But india doing far better. Now we are waiting for t20 world cup.... Then england touring india and then australia coming in india....
http://caressedthroughcovers.files....20-2007-world-cup-win-celebration-3005091.jpg

Using cricket as an excuse is not an excuse at all. Other nations who are good at cricket are also performing well in the olympics(Australia and UK).

The Times of India on Mobile
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GVhzqC5HJ...00/India-World-Cup-Cricket-Champions-2011.jpg

Get the f out looser we dont care about your pathetic in sport country period

For the Liu Xiang haters take a look at this:

Aries Merritt won the 110m hurdle at 12.92 sec, his personal best. Robles was injured and did not finish the race.

This is Liu Xiang's record in his recent runs before the Olympics:

He is amongst the best!

[/COLOR]

We can still haul medals from:

Men and women 10m platform diving
Men's 49 kg boxing final - Zou Shiming
Women's Fly (51kg) boxing final - Ren Cancan
Women synchromised swimming team
Women gymnastics rhythmic

In competition:
Men's Canoe Double (C2) 1000m Finals
Men's Kayak Single (K1) 200m Prelim
Women's Kayak Double (K2) 500m Finals
Women's Kayak Single (K1) 200m Prelim
Gymnastics rhythmic - individual all around Prelim
Synchronised swimming team Prelim
Men's Triple Jump Final
Women's Javelin Throw Final
Women's Hammer Throw Final
Women's High Jump Prelim
Men's Taekwondo 85kg+ Prelim
Women's Taekwondo 57kg+ Prelim

Go China! :china:

thank you for the info mate in that cae i think we are still on target to get 40 golds:D

I can't remember the marathon runner who won a gold medal before his birthday happy birthday; and yes I am late (-_-) .

@shuttler our hockey dissapearing because it never had money init.... Google the Quotes of Dhanraj pillai.... You will know what i meant.... Cricket will never dissapear.... Its richest game in sport. Our BCCI became multi billion dollar board within a decade.... Cricket is in genes of indians. We not good at other sports because we dont spend much time init.... Cricket is 'the' game of india.... Next month is T20 world cup and we indians already in mood of party.... Australia, england, westindiz, south africa, pakistan, shri lanka, bangladesh, scotland etc etc nations will eye on t20 world cup.... Lot of money at stake.... Far more then olympics. Cricket wont die ever. By the way i hope china would be part of cricket soon.... China predicted that they will play world in 2019.... Well its tough though.... Cricket really not simple sport like running. Its very complicated game. Even baseball players came in india to teach indians baseball. They tried to learn cricket but they got scared by fast bowling and they lost stamina due to weight of things a cricketer need to wear.... Cricket is very special sport and the most toughest sport.... If china really can make it into 2019 world cup then yes china indeed new superpower of sport.... America trying to get into cricket since decades but they couldnt do it.... i think indonesia singapore malaysia too trying hard but they are far behind in ranking.... India right now at no.1 spot in one day cricket. in IPL a player can earn upto 2 million for few days of cricket.... This is the reason jamaican 2nd fastest men BLAKE want to join indian premere leaque.... He plays cricket and so does USAIN BOLT but both nowhere near top players.... This shows how difficult it is to play cricket.... Cricket is india's heart.... People says india not good at olympic.... i say other countries not good at cricket....

china should and will play cricket in future. and pakistan will surelly help china to train our team.
btw. cricket actually destroyed india sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom