What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chinese users.... india didnt achieve medals because we dont get even basic needs. Our top wrestlers served rotten vegetables by goverment.... Yet we doing well. Indian goverment says achieving medals in olympic dont benefit indian goverment.... Its all about profit for them. In other hand china loves showing its fake shining power to world.... Yet been insulted around world. This olympic will be rememberd for wrong things and first country will come up in mind who did wrong thing is china.... People in olympic thinks chinese are robos. They even chanting robo come and robo goes.... i have seen here many threads in which chinese (paid ones) kept saying china will b no.1.... Well lets see.... Afterall its democrasy vs communist.... We will see who wins.... 290 million population country or 1.3 billion population country....

@Shuttler ur 49kg boxer will meet indian new hero the K.O King Devendro singh.... He knocked both boxers and your chinese boxer will meet him in finals if both gets to finals.... India won all 3 medals by knocking out china.... 2 in shooting and 1 in badminton where chinese player got injured because saina knew if she extend the game it will exaust the chinese player.... And it did. Saina saved her energy while chinese player gave everything and lost breath.... Chinese player was 20/13 lead.... Saina came back hard 18/20 before giving the set as chinese player just wanted to score 1 point but saina wanted 8 points.... I would love to see chinese boxer meeting the hot head devendro singh. Man devendro is a lite weight mike tyson and manny pac....

@chinese users.... india didnt achieve medals because we dont get even basic needs. Our top wrestlers served rotten vegetables by goverment.... Yet we doing well. Indian goverment says achieving medals in olympic dont benefit indian goverment.... Its all about profit for them. In other hand china loves showing its fake shining power to world.... Yet been insulted around world. This olympic will be rememberd for wrong things and first country will come up in mind who did wrong thing is china.... People in olympic thinks chinese are robos. They even chanting robo come and robo goes.... i have seen here many threads in which chinese (paid ones) kept saying china will b no.1.... Well lets see.... Afterall its democrasy vs communist.... We will see who wins.... 290 million population country or 1.3 billion population country....

your mind is stuck in 1960s,haha,we are robots?hope you can come up with something better than this one.and you sound so mad.calm down a little bit and do rational talking.

And that level is ignorance.

And that would be your level.

This tells me you missed the point completely. With the advent of time keeping, we can race individual racers one at a time and the awards goes to the ones with the three lowest times. All race times will be kept secret until all racers completed their runs. The only pressure in the racer's head will be the knowledge of the current time record and the uncertainty of who could beat his or hers later.

But that is neither how we race nor how we want to race. We want the physical presence and psychological pressures of fellow competitors as well as the pressure of knowledge of the current time record. So despite the fact that the awards are given to the top three finishers, EACH of the contestants are more focused on breaking the time record than on finishing first.

This is where you missed the point completely: That you will always have the opportunity to race against a time record than against a fellow racer, especially if that racer lives in another continent and is well known in the sport, but you will always know the immutable record of what he/she has done and trains for it. Or rather against it.

You will never know who is going to be next to you on the starting line. If the world's best tripped while getting out of the bathtub and died before the meet, you will still have what he accomplished to race against. Not against the world's second best next to you. Not against the unknown several spots down the line. The advent of time keeping elevated international sports to entirely new levels in that such knowledge compelled new training techniques, products, and even humans, across the world.

Again, and this shows your level of comprehension. What you're trying to proof the whole time is how much those swimmers deserve the medals, which is what I've never denied in the first place.

It's not a matter of how they race, but who they knew they're racing "again", when they know how the other performs after numerous of racing against them. The faster swimmers knew as long as they push themselves to the limit, the outcome won't be too much different, which is winning. And this has nothing to do with how much contestants they're racing against each time.

My argument is based on how poor the medal distribution that killed the meaning of the medals. It doesn't take 30 rounds to show how fast the same swimmers are, against the slow ones, and award the same ones 30 times.

Your silly "if"s, doesn't change the fact that the medals goes to the ones who win the race, NOT breaking the record. As well as over half of US's medals/golds, as of now, came from the pool, where China has gotten theirs from more different sports, including table tennis, which the number of medals are shredded.

Not to mention the stuffs you've proved also applies to other type of races, but you would never see how those races offers as many medals.

I know you want to downplay the Americans' accomplishment out of nationalistic fervor for China, but yours is a feeble criticism and seemingly reflect no experience at formal competition in either combative sports or else. Try yours on the Chinese Olympians and see how much they will laugh at you.

And this is where your problem is, you're assuming me trying to downplay Americans' accomplishment the whole time. While me never blamed/questioned a thing about their accomplishments.

Meaning is subjective.

Humans aren't cars, and by comparing the two you are implying that American Swimmers have some sort of inherent natural advantage against other swimmers.

You got it wrong again.

It is the proven faster swimmers kept racing against the proven slower ones repeatedly, that killed the meaning of those medals after a certain amount of races.

@Shuttler ur 49kg boxer will meet indian new hero the K.O King Devendro singh.... He knocked both boxers and your chinese boxer will meet him in finals if both gets to finals.... India won all 3 medals by knocking out china.... 2 in shooting and 1 in badminton where chinese player got injured because saina knew if she extend the game it will exaust the chinese player.... And it did. Saina saved her energy while chinese player gave everything and lost breath.... Chinese player was 20/13 lead.... Saina came back hard 18/20 before giving the set as chinese player just wanted to score 1 point but saina wanted 8 points.... I would love to see chinese boxer meeting the hot head devendro singh. Man devendro is a lite weight mike tyson and manny pac....

Who crushed the indian badminton girl out of the gold race? you are just way too overwhelmed by your electricity outage and the long drought of medals so start bragging sh1t!

Wang Xin dictated the match against the slow indian girl before she was injured!

@faithfulguy thats what makes a medal special in india.... If i ask any chinese name all athelits who won medals then no one would answer (unless until cut and paste).... in india medalist becomes hero. He gets attention of not only india but many other countries.... india can do far better but we dont allow cruel coaches who sits on 3 year old girl/boy back and punches.... we are improving year by year without the training like athelits gets in china.... india already did well in olympics and in boxing our 3 boxers in medals contention along with 5 wrestlers. 3 shooting too coming up and 800M We have tintu luka who does well.... Our 2 boxers were robbed in day light by judges or we wud had got more medals by now. Same think in shooting. We lost narrowly.... So am happy by india's performence so far.... Coming days alot important for india.

Take your pathetic rant of india some where else this thread is about china ,we are not interested in a useless sporting nation like india period

Sorry mate we look down on you india in sport until you can win 2 gold medals which i m sure is a big ask :rofl:so stop your bs here

And that would be your level.
Wrong. But yours.

Again, and this shows your level of comprehension. What you're trying to proof the whole time is how much those swimmers deserve the medals, which is what I've never denied in the first place.

It's not a matter of how they race, but who they knew they're racing "again". And they know how other performs after numerous of racing. The faster swimmers knew that as long as they push themselves to the limit, the outcome won't be too much different. And this has nothing to do with how much contestants they're racing against each time.
And it is really telling that you cannot tell how you contradicted yourself. If racers push themselves to the limits, it is against their own personal limits, not that of their competitors, at the meet or in training. This tells me you have never been engaged in any serious amateur athletics at any level. When a 100m dash racer train, he usually does it alone with only the stopwatch as his guide on how he is doing. Same for the F1 Formula driver. By your silly argument, there should be a term limit on competition based upon how many medals a person should be allowed to win that is based upon how good he is over the years? How about limiting Asians from table tennis since Asians have dominated the sport for so long? How about limiting the Russians from gymnastics? Or the Europeans from fencing?

Absolutely...That would definitely raise the 'meaningfulness' of the awards. :lol:

My argument is based on how poor the medal distribution that killed the meaning of the medals. It doesn't take 30 rounds to show how fast the same swimmers are, against the slow ones, and award the same ones 30 times.
Tough sh1t, as we Americans would say. You think Phelps wonder if his opponents are going to be Americans or French or German or Chinese? Those who despair against going up against a country that dominate a sport have the option of forfeiture or not even compete. Who is the whiner now?

And this is where your problem is, you're assuming me trying to downplay Americans' accomplishment the whole time. While me never blamed a thing on their accomplishments.
Of course you are trying to downplay their accomplishments. And it looks like you need to review your definition of the word 'blame'. Look it up.

Assuming + your silly "if"s, doesn't change the fact that over half of US's medals/golds, as of now, came from the pool.
Yeah...May be the US should withdraw from basketball because we dominate the sports so as not to hurt China's feelings. :lol:

Dang...Talk about being a whiner...

You got it wrong again.

It is a proven faster swimmer kept racing against a proven slower repeatedly, that killed the meaning of those medals after a certain amount of races.
And how is it 'proven'? By what metrics? Sorry, but opinions from whiners do not count.

Wrong. But yours.

That's exactly what I'll say if I missed the point.

And it is really telling that you cannot tell how you contradicted yourself. If racers push themselves to the limits, it is against their own personal limits, not that of their competitors, at the meet or in training. This tells me you have never been engaged in any serious amateur athletics at any level. When a 100m dash racer train, he usually does it alone with only the stopwatch as his guide on how he is doing. Same for the F1 Formula driver. By your silly argument, there should be a term limit on competition based upon how many medals a person should be allowed to win that is based upon how good he is over the years? How about limiting Asians from table tennis since Asians have dominated the sport for so long? How about limiting the Russians from gymnastics? Or the Europeans from fencing?

Absolutely...That would definitely raise the 'meaningfulness' of the awards. :lol:

And that's exactly what happened.

Also, based your logic, it's meaningful to spank a Civic with a GTR repeatedly.

Tough sh1t, as we Americans would say. You think Phelps wonder if his opponents are going to be Americans or French or German or Chinese? Those who despair against going up against a country that dominate a sport have the option of forfeiture or not even compete. Who is the whiner now?

Racing against the same slower ones has nothing to do with "forfeiture". You're still confused.

Of course you are trying to downplay their accomplishments. And it looks like you need to review your definition of the word 'blame'. Look it up.

And you're the only one who felt downplayed.

Yeah...May be the US should withdraw from basketball because we dominate the sports so as not to hurt China's feelings. :lol:

Dang...Talk about being a whiner...

As much as I'm whining according to you, China is still right one the US's tale, with no medal distribution advantage.

And how is it 'proven'? By what metrics? Sorry, but opinions from whiners do not count.

Proven by 30 medals from the pool. And my opinion is counted, ever since you've dropped your silly "if"s.

@chinese users.... That was funny post from u.... You are telling me that i am stuck in 1960s.... Well its you people who rant about 1962 day and night on PDF.... all i have said is that you people kept saying china will be no.1 in london olympic. So lets see how right you all are.... Its democrasy vs communist.... Its 290 million population vs 1300 million population....
by the way stop idiotic talks that a gold medal decides a superpower.... How pathetic and idiotic.... There are countries who won many gold medals yet couldnt even have a military of its own.... One funny thing coming in my mind is that a country who didnt do well throwing missiles on a country who did well in olympics.... i just wonder what that country would throw.... May be they throw the gold medals to shoot down missiles.... Olympic will be over in a week and so does chest thumping.... And then its all about missiles like agni-6, Jetfighters like FGFA, pak-fa, dasault rafale, AC, etc etc for next 4 years....
i cant argue with the paid ones here as its not my job.... i dont sit in a line and post rubbish and the other ones who are sitting next to me gives me 'thanks' for it.... It was my last reply untill the end of olympic when we will see who top the medals tally.... Best of luck chest thumpers.... Sayonara.

@chinese users.... That was funny post from u.... You are telling me that i am stuck in 1960s.... Well its you people who rant about 1962 day and night on PDF.... all i have said is that you people kept saying china will be no.1 in london olympic. So lets see how right you all are.... Its democrasy vs communist.... Its 290 million population vs 1300 million population....
by the way stop idiotic talks that a gold medal decides a superpower.... How pathetic and idiotic.... There are countries who won many gold medals yet couldnt even have a military of its own.... One funny thing coming in my mind is that a country who didnt do well throwing missiles on a country who did well in olympics.... i just wonder what that country would throw.... May be they throw the gold medals to shoot down missiles.... Olympic will be over in a week and so does chest thumping.... And then its all about missiles like agni-6, Jetfighters like FGFA, pak-fa, dasault rafale, AC, etc etc for next 4 years....
i cant argue with the paid ones here as its not my job.... i dont sit in a line and post rubbish and the other ones who are sitting next to me gives me 'thanks' for it.... It was my last reply untill the end of olympic when we will see who top the medals tally.... Best of luck chest thumpers.... Sayonara.

Please, this not a debate thread, open another one if you wish. We're anticipate a big day coming and many of us rely on this thread of real time update. Thanks.

2 more gold medals!!!SUPER DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26th Gold congratulations:china: China's Lin Dan beats Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei in men's singles badminton.
2012-08-05T134029Z_2043824454_LM2E88511ZB2H_RTRMADP_3_OLY-BADM-BDMSIN-BDM001101.JPG

2012-08-05T134455Z_1678952516_LM2E885126Q2T_RTRMADP_3_OLY-BADM-BDMSIN-BDM001101.JPG

2012-08-05T134933Z_661963746_LM2E88512EG35_RTRMADP_3_OLY-BADM-BDMSIN-BDM001101.JPG

Lin Dan actually had me quite worried after losing the first set and trailing in the third.
Never should have doubted him though!

Low IQ Indian selective reasoning.
Please GTFO and go to Indian medals thread. Your input might be appreciated there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom