What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
America at top in medals tally.... Track and field champion is america. Next week will be all America.... They will be ahead so much that it will be difficult to catch them.... China missed too many medals when they should had got huge lead.... Now china dont even have a lead (america at top in medals tally) and the track and field started.... No chance for china but yes they will have golds for sure but wont be enough to match american medals tally....

America at top in medals tally.... Track and field champion is america. Next week will be all America.... They will be ahead so much that it will be difficult to catch them.... China missed too many medals when they should had got huge lead.... Now china dont even have a lead (america at top in medals tally) and the track and field started.... No chance for china but yes they will have golds for sure but wont be enough to match american medals tally....

Jamaica might win track and field. Hussain Bolt is outstanding too, and I recommend, drug tests on USA sprinters. They are known for these practises.

Don't worry, we are still going to beat them at the end, but too bad we should have initially won 60 gold medals if we didn't get blackout. :coffee:

Let's hope so, but no matter who wins, it does not seem fair that some athletes can win 8 or 9 medals in a single Olympic event, but the world's 'strongest man' creating multiple world record can only win 1 gold medal because of the way medals are distributed.

Lol just cause you hate it doesn't mean it will be taken out. Are you telling me swimming is not popular in China? Swimming is pretty universal, its not surprising that it would have so many medals.

I never participated in swimming or any other Olympic sports. Handing out 30+ gold medals for essentially the same acts to the same athletes is a waste.

As for those who whine about the Olympics being biased...

crying+baby.jpg

Why are you crying?

Jamaica might win track and field. Hussain Bolt is outstanding too, and I recommend, drug tests on USA sprinters. They are known for these practises.

Let's hope so, but no matter who wins, it does not seem fair that some athletes can win 8 or 9 medals in a single Olympic event, but the world's 'strongest man' creating multiple world record can only win 1 gold medal because of the way medals are distributed.

I never participated in swimming or any other Olympic sports. Handing out 30+ gold medals for essentially the same acts to the same athletes is a waste.

Why are you crying?

Yohan Blake is another great sprinter to keep an eye out for :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
You cry because they limit the amount of medals for ping-pong?how many damned ways are there to play? Holding the paddle with your foot?

Some people can't get over their but.t hurt because they cannot stand having to be pushed to their limits for a medal. Working hard to achieve results is a trait that is acknowledged even by some of the world's greatest sports person.

haidemann.jpg

Britta Heidemann
How in your opinion does the preparation of European and Chinese fencers differ?

When I first got into fencing club in Beijing neither Lee Na nor me were as strong as we are today. The difference was that the Chinese sportsmen trained much more than the European ones and often 3 times a day and restored in an unusual way for us. To the 2008 Olympics Lee and I proceeded along almost the same path but nevertheless I was able to win maybe because I studied features of both European and Chinese fencing schools.

Britta Heidemann: «I chose the most intelligent type of the modern pentathlon - that was fencing».. For Fencing Future

Badminton women double and women single 2 golds
Diving women 3m springboard 1 gold
Trampoline (women) 1
Shooting women 50m rifle 1
Swimming men 1500m 1
Swimming women 100m relay 1

I think 4 gold medals is safe, while we are expecting to get 7.

Why are you crying?

You never participated in competitive swimming and yet still pretend to know that all swimming is the same??

The Butterfly is very different from the freestyle, much like a 5 mile marathon is different from a hundred meter dash.

This talk of western bias in sport choice is ludicrous and insulting to not only western countries, but to non-western countries as well, as it implies that people from those countries are in some way naturally inferior to those in Western Countries.

China's victimization complex is on full display here as well. Get over yourselves, you are just as whiny as those you whine against. You know who you are.

China's victimization complex is on full display here as well. Get over yourselves, you are just as whiny as those you whine against. You know who you are.

You're talking to a Bangladeshi and whining about China? Then you're complaining about our "victimization complex"? :lol:

I have no problem with the current Olympic setup, and I can sure understand why other countries would not like to make Kung Fu an Olympic sport, even though Judo is one. Since it would be difficult for a non-Chinese to compete in Kung Fu, considering how young we start and the effort we put into it, a level of effort that some might see as being almost abusive.

LOL - yes, they do. And when they hold "World" Series and "World" Championships - they invite players from other countries too. Only in the US - would LA playing NY be consider a "World" Series.

The world series was named because there were two leagues in the US. Bring these two leagues with different rules together for a championship helped created the "world series" Nowadays, its still called world series as the US major league is still the premier league in the world. The same goes for basketball, hocky and US football. you would noticed that in the US, the major league soccer champion is not regarded as the world champion. Everyone knows that the European football championships league winner is in effect the "world champion". I know that there is a tournaments that consist of continental champions but that is such a micky mouse setup that no one pays attention.

BTW, I am actually hoping for India to win the badminton bronze medal. As this medal would mean a lot more to India than to China that sweeps all the medals.

we should allow africans to join chinese nationality.
the blacks origin people are better in track and field.It is in their nature.

So Liu Xiang was a fluke?

The world series was named because there were two leagues in the US. Bring these two leagues with different rules together for a championship helped created the "world series" Nowadays, its still called world series as the US major league is still the premier league in the world. The same goes for basketball, hocky and US football. you would noticed that in the US, the major league soccer champion is not regarded as the world champion. Everyone knows that the European football championships league winner is in effect the "world champion". I know that there is a tournaments that consist of continental champions but that is such a micky mouse setup that no one pays attention.

I think you mean 'ice' hockey. Take a look at these before you say US is the best and can rightfully call themselves "world champions"

List of IIHF World Championship medalists - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big Seven

The strongest men's ice hockey nations are sometimes referred to as the Big Seven:
Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Russia, Sweden, United States,Slovakia

Ice hockey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Canadians will surely say no if the Americans claim they are the undisputed world champions even on a club level:

List of Stanley Cup champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regarding american football, hardly it is played outside of North America.

European Champions league is on club level. There are the equivalent of a European Champions league in South America. The club champion of each continental league will compete once every year in the 'FIFA Club world cup' and they have these results:

FIFA Club World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Brazillian clubs have won 3 out of 8 ties. And this is just on the Club level. There is a Championship Tourny on the national level too

BTW, I am actually hoping for India to win the badminton bronze medal. As this medal would mean a lot more to India than to China that sweeps all the medals.

the indian will play against the world's no 2 Wang Xin. Head to head the record is 4-2 in our favour! Not a single medal won by the Chinese Team nor any event competing is superfluous!

Go China!:china:

131757190_101n.jpg

Feng Haifeng and Cai Yun

go for Gold in Men's doubles

next in the final against the Danish pair of Boe/Morgensen who beat Chung / Lee (S Korea). The S Koreans will be playing against the Malaysians Koo / Tan for Bronze. Good luck Malaysia!

Go China!:china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom