What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, what about Pele? Grew up playing with a home made ball in the streets.
Does it? Those tennis guys perform on all surfaces.
No, I mean the worlds most popular sports were invented in the west. name me one which wasn't.

Tis true, it's not perfect. But I don't think sports are biased towards the west.

1. Chess
2. Polo

Pele was around half a century ago. The fact that you have to dig that deeps merely strengthens my argument. No, tennis guys don't perform on all surfaces. Spaniards are always better on clay, Americans hate clay - they perform much better on hard courts and grass courts.

1. Chess
2. Polo

Pele was around half a century ago. The fact that you have to dig that deeps merely strengthens my argument. No, tennis guys don't perform on all surfaces. Spaniards are always better on clay, Americans hate clay - they perform much better on hard courts and grass courts.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. In cricket, subcontinentals are better on flat, batting tracks, and Anglophones are better on hard, bouncy tracks, to give an example.

This should shut the Westerners up. Somebody claimed that IOC is not Western, and has loads of members from other countries. As I have said, IOC is firmly placed in the West, with all decision making power, legislative power, executive power etc.

How pathetic can they be to limit the number of Chinese gold medals without doing the same for USA and other countries by clipping useless medals from swimming and canoeing slalom etc?

I don't think they have done anything intentionally - things just panned out this way because of Western economic influence and diffusion of their sporting culture across both sides of the Atlantic.

oh, welcome to the civilisation. tell us how do you like your dark age? acutally I think it matches you lot quite well, no?

What dark age?

1. Chess
2. Polo

Could have sworn, the modern game of chess was created in europe.
Modern form of polo I think was also created by the british. (dont quote me on that)
Besides I wouldn't say polo was popular when compared to football, tennis, cricket etc.
Okay Wayne Rooney, as a kid probably played football on the street, concrete. Quite different to grass.
Pele was an extreme example showing that you can be good despite your situation.
The same top tennis players always win the majors. Roger federer, wins on everything.

tomorow we can get ateast 6 golds and if everything go acording to plan may be 10

I don't think they have done anything intentionally - things just panned out this way because of Western economic influence and diffusion of their sporting culture across both sides of the Atlantic.

How can the anti-Chinese legislation not be intentional? Somebody (Western) had the intent, he drafted the law, got it passed (or some similar process occurred). They limited the number of Chinese medals by limiting the number of medals where China is dominant, but did not do that for those sports that hand out 30+ gold medals for essentially the same exercise.

tomorow we can get ateast 6 golds and if everything go acording to plan may be 10

What events do you expect to win those medals in ? Best of luck to PRC.

How can the anti-Chinese legislation not be intentional? Somebody (Western) had the intent, he drafted the law, got it passed (or some similar process occurred). They limited the number of Chinese medals by limiting the number of medals where China is dominant, but did not do that for those sports that hand out 30+ gold medals for essentially the same exercise.

I don't know - sounds far fetched. Because, they did it in tennis also - only two players per country. Which is why Somdev Devvarman got a Wild Card in the Men's Singles. If not, out of the draw of 64 - atleast 15 would have been Spanish players.

I don't know - sounds far fetched. Because, they did it in tennis also - only two players per country. Which is why Somdev Devvarman got a Wild Card in the Men's Singles. If not, out of the draw of 64 - atleast 15 would have been Spanish players.

No single country dominates lawn tennis. China dominates table tennis, as the article the Chinese member posted also shows, it is because of that reason, they limited the number of Chinese medals.

What events do you expect to win those medals in ? Best of luck to PRC.

Badminton women double and women single 2 golds
Diving women 3m springboard 1 gold
Trampoline (women) 1
Shooting women 50m rifle 1
Swimming men 1500m 1
Swimming women 100m relay 1

Fact is that if the situation was reversed, the ones who will be complaining would include the US media.

Swimming is indeed a big sport, but changing rules to shred medals on China-favored sports, especially when those sports don't include many medals in the first place??

Way to kiss the US's ***

Do you think it's fair or balanced to award 30+ gold medals in swimming but only one gold medal to the world' strongest man for lifting around 470 kg of weight altogether? At least, there could be 10 separate categories of weight lifters above 105 kg, for those of 110 kg, 120 kg, 130 kg, 135 kg, 140 kg, 150 kg, etc.

Badminton women double and women single 2 golds
Diving women 3m springboard 1 gold
Trampoline (women) 1
Shooting women 50m rifle 1
Swimming men 1500m 1
Swimming women 100m relay 1

Best of luck to PRC. Maybe in recent Olympics, PRC is starting to win more swimming medals? Still Americans and Westerners win most of these gold medals. As of now, 28 of 42 medals won by USA came from swimming, and 14 of 21 gold medals they won also came from swimming.

This should shut the Westerners up. Somebody claimed that IOC is not Western, and has loads of members from other countries. As I have said, IOC is firmly placed in the West, with all decision making power, legislative power, executive power etc.

How pathetic can they be to limit the number of Chinese gold medals without doing the same for USA and other countries by clipping useless medals from swimming and canoeing slalom etc?

Lol just cause you hate it doesn't mean it will be taken out. Are you telling me swimming is not popular in China? Swimming is pretty universal, its not surprising that it would have so many medals.

As for those who whine about the Olympics being biased...

crying+baby.jpg

Besides the gold medals for women badminton (double and single) we have already got 1 silver between the single women match since it's China vs China. The bronze match is China vs India. So we should gain the top spot again after Saturday night if we can get gold for swimming and diving.

Do you think it's fair or balanced to award 30+ gold medals in swimming but only one gold medal to the world' strongest man for lifting around 470 kg of weight altogether? At least, there could be 10 separate categories of weight lifters above 105 kg, for those of 110 kg, 120 kg, 130 kg, 135 kg, 140 kg, 150 kg, etc.

Best of luck to PRC. Maybe in recent Olympics, PRC is starting to win more swimming medals? Still Americans and Westerners win most of these gold medals. As of now, 28 of 42 medals won by USA came from swimming, and 14 of 21 gold medals they won also came from swimming.

Don't worry, we are still going to beat them at the end, but too bad we should have initially won 60 gold medals if we didn't get blackout. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom