beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

London 2012: China’s Ye Shiwen ‘is clean,’ Olympic official declares

Published 13 minutes ago
TOBY MELVILLE/REUTERS

Ye Shiwen said on Monday that her "results come from hard work and training" and that she "would never use any banned drugs." On Tuesday, an Olympics official announced that she had passed her drug tests.

Chinese swimming sensation Ye Shiwen is “clean” and passed her doping tests, the head of the British Olympic Association says.

At a news conference in London, Lord Colin Moynihan said the 16-year-old world record-setter “deserves recognition for her talent,” the BBC reported Tuesday morning.

Moynihan told a news conference that the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) was “on top of the game.”

Ye “has been through WADA's program and she's clean. That’s the end of the story. ”

The teenager captured the gold in the 400-metre individual medley race on Saturday, five seconds faster than her own previous best time and a second faster than the world record.

Immediately, there were accusations that her victory had to be chemically induced.

U.S. coach John Leonard called her blistering speed “disturbing” and “unbelievable.”

Leonard, executive director of the World Swimming Coaches Association, said Ye’s race reminded him of the East German women swimmers in the 1980s, products of a systematic doping regime.

“History in our sport will tell you that every time we see something, and I will put quotation marks around this, unbelievable, history shows us that it turns out later on there was doping involved,” he told the British newspaper The Guardian.

Former British Olympic champion Adrian Moorhouse defended the girl.

“The Chinese might have just found this really talented kid, who can work really hard, has the perfect shape and can cope with all the pressure thrown at her,” he told the BBC.

Ye previously won the 200-metre and 400-metre individual medley races at the 2010 Asian Games in Guangzhou and the 200-metre individual medley at the 2011 World Championships in Shanghai.

6591748520120729115329080.jpg

6591748520120729115400058.jpg

19880_427373_419611.jpg

20101118194609954057.jpg

m18dfbc02649843edbcfc598cf28cfd8f.jpg

haha,it seems that even the Olympic Association's official statement can not make those jealous westers shut up their mouth,this sour grape is really very sour...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

the west has to get used to the fact that they are no longer number 1 in this world,they are going to be defeated more and more in all fields,so they have to come to terms with it.

Why does the last 50m not seem possible? In last years World Championship Rebecca Addlington of GB swam a faster final 50 in the 800m freestyle.

don't mind those crazy idiotic media.

8 chinese badminton players charged for fixing.... They did that to get easy draw.... i did told u that brits are the worse. They will do their best to tarnish image of asians....

Remember in 2008 the Americans were trying to get inside the head of our women's gymnastics team accusing them of underage, cruel training from 2 years old, blah blah blah. They did the same thing to Ye, to disturb her performance. Both times it didn't work.

Remember in 2008 the Americans were trying to get inside the head of our women's gymnastics team accusing them of underage, cruel training from 2 years old, blah blah blah. They did the same thing to Ye, to disturb her performance. Both times it didn't work.

Our athletes are trained to resist these kinds of distractions.

Their minds are incredibly focused.

These false accusations only serve to embarrass the accuser.

8 chinese badminton players charged for fixing.... They did that to get easy draw.... i did told u that brits are the worse. They will do their best to tarnish image of asians....

all top seed athletes chose to save energy in the preliminaries,many of them just relax and let others pass them when about reaching the finish line,that's a common strategy by all top athletes.by doing that they can save their energy for the final and can also puzzle their arch rival competitors,your country should really attend more sports event to find that out.

@beijinwalker i agree but.... Why did china not sended top 3 chinese badminton players? there are top four chinese players china has.... in that 3 are taking part. But china choosed 1, 2 and 4th.... They left 3rd ranking player out.... u know why? It because indian saina nehwal beaten that 3rd ranking player twice.... So china does plan and ranking dont matter to them. Its clever move but to world its fixing because 3rd ranking did its best to be part of olympic but just because she got beaten twice by saina nehwal she been kept out.... Its heart breaking but must admit a smart move. By the way i agree with u. Brits, aussie and americans will do anything to hurt asian players feelings so they wont perform better but i guess china too much strong heart. It wont effect them.... While indians emotional heart so it gets to us far easily....

I just had my mouths wide open when i saw the little champ there, run (rather swim ;) ) away from rest of the pack in the last 50m's . Just an amazing feet!!! :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom