What's new

Lockheed to begin supplying F-16 wings from Indian plant in 2020

I have this feeling after 27/2 ... India will get F-21. They need to understand this plane. Americans are bending backward to make this happen as they will make India dependent on their tech for a long time. F-16s around the world are not going anywhere they are here to stay so yes massive economic opportunity along with getting latest tech from US who in return would expands its influence among political elite of India.
IAF has rejected F-21 aka F-16 multiple times and have no intentions to go for it irrespective of the push from US. We've been balancing on our procurements from US-Russia-France-Israel for all the big ticket items and the only possible nearterm induction of a fighter jet would be 2 more squadrons of Rafales

If IN also decides to go with Rafale-M's for IAC-3 (54 requires), there is a possibility we might negotiate for ToT along with localized production

A country the size of India needs to be independent in all technology, you don’t have to be state of the art, just good enough

u.s is dumping its f16 in india,i think in coming years f16 will become obsolete due to 5gen jets and further development of 6gen platform.Pakistan should also move a head of f16 towards 5gen platform.u.s wants to compete russian jets to get greater share of market in 3rd world poor nations so in order to reduce costs they are making jets in india so they become cheaper

u.s is dumping its f16 in india,i think in coming years f16 will become obsolete due to 5gen jets and further development of 6gen platform.Pakistan should also move a head of f16 towards 5gen platform.u.s wants to compete russian jets to get greater share of market in 3rd world poor nations so in order to reduce costs they are making jets in india so they become cheaper

Jobs & $$ for Indians

If you think so. I personally think jf17 block 3 will be much better than any f16 in our fleet
lt won't be in any matter other than AESA and PL-15 & for first fighters of this block there are rumours about having no AESA.We need to accept that JFT has short comings of it's own due to being a light fighter.

Last edited:
lt won't be in any matter other than AESA and PL-15 & for first fighters of this block there are runours about having no AESA.We need to accept that JFT has short comings of it's own due to being a light fighter.
Light fighter..fraction of the price. Look first shoot first and best of all ... no sanction. Project azm will be awesome

Light fighter..fraction of the price. Look first shoot first and best of all ... no sanction. Project azm will be awesome
Light fighter...short legged....less room for improvement.
Azm is just a back light of truck,i am sceptical about it.

Our country has been robbed for so long that we are finding the medicine bitter. Well we have to have to have the medicine.

If you think so. I personally think jf17 block 3 will be much better than any f16 in our fleet

Pakistan doob hi kyun na jai under PTI, PTI will never accept responsibility for anything.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom