What's new

Lockheed successfully test flights patriot advanced capability-3 missile

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Lockheed Martin has successfully carried out flight test of the patriot advanced capability-3 (PAC-3) missile at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, US.

During testing, the missile successfully detected, tracked and intercepted an aerodynamic, threat-representative tactical ballistic missile (TBM) target.

The flight test involved ripple fire engagement of two PAC-3 missiles resulting in target destruction by the first interceptor, while the second missile self-destructed on command as planned.

Lockheed Martin missiles and fire control PAC-3 programmes vice-president, Richard McDaniel, said the PAC-3 missile continues to provide customers with proven and reliable performance along with unmatched lethality.

''The capability PAC-3 provides continues to draw significant interest from a number of international customers,'' McDaniel said.

The US Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM) awarded a contract to the company last week to continue PAC-3 missile production, including 244 hit-to-kill PAC-3 missiles, 72 launcher modification kits, associated tooling and programme management services delivery for the US and Kuwait.

The $308m contract represents the first foreign military sale (FMS) of the PAC-3 missile to Kuwait.

An upgraded version of Patriot surface-to-air missile, PAC-3 is an advanced, hit-to-kill air defence projectile weapon designed to defeat a broad spectrum of incoming TBMs and cruise missiles, as well as aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by direct, body-to-body impact.

The missile features a solid propellant rocket motor, aerodynamic controls, attitude control motors, inertial guidance for navigation, and a track-via-missile (TVM) guidance system to target data transmission to the engagement control station for final course correction calculations.

Jointly manufactured by Raytheon and Lockheed, Patriot is currently operational with 12 nations worldwide, including the US, Egypt, Germany, Greece, Israel, Japan, Netherlands and Saudi Arabia, and has already proved its effectiveness during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003.

http://www.army-technology.com/news/newslockheed-tests-pac3-missile

it has now become more difficult for China. Probability of success of Df21 till now was mainly challenged by unforced errors but now evading the Pac3 also become a hurdle.

There goes the DF-21D -- to the garbage dumpster.

Pfffttt, the DF-21D can already penetrate these outdated American systems. The only things going to the dumpster are those 11 Yankee aircraft carriers.

Sitting ducks.

We got the Yank military sorted out.

Pfffttt, the DF-21D can already penetrate these outdated American systems. The only things going to the dumpster are those 11 Yankee aircraft carriers.

Sitting ducks.

We got the Yank military sorted out.
The only thing YOU know about the DF-21D is how to lay out the alphabets for it. The damn thing has YET to have open water testing and it is now rendered -- junk. Go use it to scare fishing boats or as a giant firecracker for Mao's birthday. :lol:

The only thing YOU know about the DF-21D is how to lay out the alphabets for it. The damn thing has YET to have open water testing and it is now rendered -- junk. Go use it to scare fishing boats or as a giant firecracker for Mao's birthday. :lol:

It's already tested, and deployed and already scaring the living daylights out of the Yank military. Fishing boats are not scared of the DF-21D, but the Yank military is :lol:

Oh we will definitely celebrate the great Chairman Mao's birthday. The man that utterly humiliated the Yank military in the Korean War. Your darn right we will celebrate.

If we want to scare YOU, we will just get our submarines to pop up near a Yank carrier group :lol:

It's already tested, and deployed and already scaring the living daylights out of the Yank military. Fishing boats are not scared of the DF-21D, but the Yank military is
Really...??? Open water...??? When...???

Unlike the US, China have only one ocean to test the DF-21D: The Pacific.

Not only that, China cannot test in the South China Sea region because of high shipping traffic. China cannot test towards the east because of South Korea and Japan and such a test could be construed as aggression. That leave further out to the Pacific.

Do you really think such test launches would go unnoticed? But of course you would. You have no military experience.

If we want to scare YOU, we will just get our submarines to pop up near a Yank carrier group :lol:
You got suckered by that story, eh? :lol:

Stop and think logically for a moment...

If you know that your subs could sneak up on an American carrier battle group, why would you reveal it by pulling such a stupid stunt? For what? Pride? Now the Americans are going to improve their detection capability, which would not be difficult to do since they have more ASW experience than anyone in the world. If I was the ruler of China and my sub commander did that on his own, I would have the entire officer complement shot for stupidity and the entire enlisted crew demoted to seaman recruits.

The reality is much more uncomfortable: That the Chinese sub was ping/chased to the surface.

Really...??? Open water...??? When...???

Unlike the US, China have only one ocean to test the DF-21D: The Pacific.

Not only that, China cannot test in the South China Sea region because of high shipping traffic. China cannot test towards the east because of South Korea and Japan and such a test could be construed as aggression. That leave further out to the Pacific.

Do you really think such test launches would go unnoticed? But of course you would. You have no military experience.

You got suckered by that story, eh? :lol:

Stop and think logically for a moment...

If you know that your subs could sneak up on an American carrier battle group, why would you reveal it by pulling such a stupid stunt? For what? Pride? Now the Americans are going to improve their detection capability, which would not be difficult to do since they have more ASW experience than anyone in the world. If I was the ruler of China and my sub commander did that on his own, I would have the entire officer complement shot for stupidity and the entire enlisted crew demoted to seaman recruits.

The reality is much more uncomfortable: That the Chinese sub was ping/chased to the surface.

Americans cannot detect the DF-21D. That's the whole point of the missile.

It proved that we can sink the entire Yank carrier group whenever we please. We hold all the cards. The Yanks know it deep down.

The reality is just like the Korean War: we have an incredible ability to make a complete mockery of the Yank military.

We are experts :D

Americans cannot detect the DF-21D. That's the whole point of the missile.
How? We proved that we can and have detected ballistic warheads during the Cold War. Explain to interested readers here what make the DF-21D different? Via 'Chinese physics'? Or are you waiting for an email from Rachel Maddow? :lol:

It proved that we can sink the entire Yank carrier group whenever we please. We hold all the cards. The Yanks know it deep down.

The reality is just like the Korean War: we have an incredible ability to make a complete mockery of the Yank military.

We are experts :D
The 50-cent division of the PLA must be scrapping below the barrel.

How? We proved that we can and have detected ballistic warheads during the Cold War. Explain to interested readers here what make the DF-21D different? Via 'Chinese physics'? Or are you waiting for an email from Rachel Maddow? :lol:

The 50-cent division of the PLA must be scrapping below the barrel.

You cannot intercept the DF-21D. The Yank military is too afraid to disclose information because they know it will expose their flaws and Rachel Maddow will humiliate them again.

If it wasn't for the PLA, our renegade province Vietnam would already be under American occupation.

You cannot intercept the DF-21D. The Yank military is too afraid to disclose information because they know it will expose their flaws and Rachel Maddow will humiliate them again.
How? Via 'Chinese physics'? :lol:

How to intercept the DF-21D?

You can't intercept it. Not even with your 'physics' :lol:
Aahh...So now we have it...The DF-21D relies on 'Chinese physics'. Is that posted on CDF and sinodefense anywhere? I would like to read peer reviewed papers of this. Or are you waiting for Rachel Maddow to give you talking points?

Aahh...So now we have it...The DF-21D relies on 'Chinese physics'. Is that posted on CDF and sinodefense anywhere? I would like to read peer reviewed papers of this. Or are you waiting for Rachel Maddow to give you talking points?

I don't need Rach to destroy you regarding the DF-21D. She has already debunked the myth of the F-22.

I don't need Rach to destroy you regarding the DF-21D.
You are correct. Am no expert on 'Chinese physics'. In fact, no non-Chinese is. I am 'destroyed'. :lol:

She has already debunked the myth of the F-22.
Let me know when she has published at least one peer reviewed paper on it. And sorry, approvals from technically ignorant Internet Chinese with no military and aviation experience does not count. DOES NOT.

Back
Top Bottom