What's new

Lockheed Martin offers F-16 Block 70, for India, from India, exported to the world

Interesting!
I'm drawn towards third and forth rows (Rafale and F16). Somehow it looks co-existence of 3 production lines for Tejas, Rafale (Assuming next lot of 90 are covered under MII) and the third line for F16/18, in 9 year time horizon, might not be feasible. Economically and from induction point of view for IAF.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec
We can say nothing for sure in India, but will it be a really smart idea to continue production of legacy fighters (like F16/18) in 2020 and beyond when world would be moving towards 5th generation fighters and UCAVs. More so when India has similar plans (PAK FA variant, AMCA possibly and some kind of UCAV, which now looks more likely after India is a signatory of MTCR and co-operation in this field is now open).
I don't think going back to F16 is a particularly wise move.
Don't see Rafale deal getting through. French are quoting way too much , then what it is worth. Scrap the deal, Get F 18 super hornets and EA GROWLERS, and collaborate with Boeing to setup Workshop for these aircrafts, commercial aircrafts and TOT on the engines :D

So... lets suppose, if the deal goes through (which will probably happen).
What would be India's options about French/Russian jets.
I do not expect India to operate Russian Su-35s, French Rafael and USA F-16s at the same time.

Additionally it will force India to join the USA camp (as if it is not already happening), but it will give USA a powerful card to play, India will then be forced to serve US interests.

For example, just a few months ago, India/Indians were not interested in joining the SCS dispute, but they appear to be convinced now.

I wonder what changed.

India and Russia have their PAK-FA, then there are MKIs, Mig29s, Super Sukhois, tanks, helicopters and many more.

I say scrap Rafael with French and buy more Scorpenes and nuclear plants. There is not much difference between MKIs and Rafael.

Build F16s in India along with Tejas and make both the work horses of Indian Air Force.

As on China, get more investments from China especially in railways, roads and non strategic infrastructure sectors, and there is no need for India to explicitly get involved in SCS.

It can be a Significant Boost for Make in India drive as Lockheed is one of the Biggest and most advanced Defense manufacturer in the world!!
But only then if they agree 100% TOT......

F16 is good idea...

Deal will be frustrating for Pakistan as they have F16 as main aircraft
F16 and LCA will fulfill the gap M21 gap.
in future, F16 will be great market for 3rd world
India will be supplier to Pakistan for spare parts :D

from the thread that was locked

upload_2016-8-13_11-39-54.png

https://defence.pk/threads/lockheed...orted-to-the-world.443136/page-6#post-8562549

On Topic, India will negotiate hard and maneuver towards the General Atomics drones.. If there is a deal that will come for another fighter it will be F35 at a later 2021-25 timeline where its directly competing with PAKFA stage 1 order of 4 squadrons.

But American fighters in frontline is very very difficult. Bcz as i listed above these techs wont be shared at all...

So... lets suppose, if the deal goes through (which will probably happen).
What would be India's options about French/Russian jets.
I do not expect India to operate Russian Su-35s, French Rafael and USA F-16s at the same time.

Additionally it will force India to join the USA camp (as if it is not already happening), but it will give USA a powerful card to play, India will then be forced to serve US interests.

For example, just a few months ago, India/Indians were not interested in joining the SCS dispute, but they appear to be convinced now.

I wonder what changed.
Well analysis and it's just start and Indian won't realise when they get into USA cage lol and wd bigger price for sure in future:p
For us we got a direction on early stage who told and where to head

Well analysis and it's just start and Indian won't realise when they get into USA cage lol and wd bigger price for sure in future:p
For us we got a direction on early stage who told and where to head
Early stage are you sure ?

Pakistan air force has F-16, C-17 , and many American aircrafts. PAF swears by them and ask any one they will go nuts over hearing about it . Indians may be new to relation with US but not dumb to fall in US trap.

I think the F16 manufacturing will be good, if we can get engine tech for our other planes and improvise on that. We are already 80% done according to Smecma
And why would You get engine tech from LM, which does not manufactures engines?
You will have to buy the engine.

If You sign a contract with LM, you are locked into the engine of their choice,
and they can charge whatever, unless You make a deal first.
This goes with any design where engine is chosen,
unless you can use existing contracts with the airplane manufacturer.

Early stage are you sure ?

Pakistan air force has F-16, C-17 , and many American aircrafts. PAF swears by them and ask any one they will go nuts over hearing about it . Indians may be new to relation with US but not dumb to fall in US trap.
For Pakistan it's globally stable conditions as compare to last 16 years
Pak is much out of proxy wars and from other harming elements against the state

For Pakistan it's globally stable conditions as compare to last 16 years
Pak is much out of proxy wars and from other harming elements against the state
pakistan thinks F16 as US cage cause it never really build on its economy and other options and kept going deeper into dept trap and doing every thing that would hurt its future prospects and that too dellibratelly thinking it would yet again come out of after outsmarting US & its allies "yet again" and the hight of this so called "superiorty complex" is that it made itself and entire genration of yourng pakistanies think alike and here where they lost the "plot" and guess here is where india entered to make ina killing for itself buy offering US and its allies what they always wanted but with taking its share of "profit" rest keep speculating the end result will be same and a win win situation for both India and US & allies :drag: :haha:

And why would You get engine tech from LM, which does not manufactures engines?
You will have to buy the engine.

If You sign a contract with LM, you are locked into the engine of their choice,
and they can charge whatever, unless You make a deal first.
This goes with any design where engine is chosen,
unless you can use existing contracts with the airplane manufacturer.
Is it!! Thanks I did not know this implication

pakistan thinks F16 as US cage cause it never really build on its economy and other options and kept going deeper into dept trap and doing every thing that would hurt its future prospects and that too dellibratelly thinking it would yet again come out of after outsmarting US & its allies "yet again" and the hight of this so called "superiorty complex" is that it made itself and entire genration of yourng pakistanies think alike and here where they lost the "plot" and guess here is where india entered to make ina killing for itself buy offering US and its allies what they always wanted but with taking its share of "profit" rest keep speculating the end result will be same and a win win situation for both India and US & allies :drag: :haha:
Lol u don't understanding!
Talk b/w pak and USA congress were on these based that congress wanted pak to pay full amount but pak was trying to insist USA to give with old mode of sales
So who else doesn't want to save his money
Like the Indian deal with Rafael jet as they were still on the talks to get more discount so these things are OK for national interest dear kid...
Now pak is switched to other markets ..

Lol u don't understanding!
Talk b/w pak and USA congress were on these based that congress wanted pak to pay full amount but pak was trying to insist USA to give with old mode of sales
So who else doesn't want to save his money
Like the Indian deal with Rafael jet as they were still on the talks to get more discount so these things are OK for national interest dear kid...
Now pak is switched to other markets ..
everything you just said is quite right but just a small addition USA or for that matter anybody will never dare treat india and pakistan with the same yardstick cause instead of empty promises we deal with hard cash and prospects of more profits for them on the negociating table

India and Russia have their PAK-FA, then there are MKIs, Mig29s, Super Sukhois, tanks, helicopters and many more.

That is the precise reason that begs this question, why go for F-16s?

I say scrap Rafael with French and buy more Scorpenes and nuclear plants. There is not much difference between MKIs and Rafael.

What? :crazy:

Build F16s in India along with Tejas and make both the work horses of Indian Air Force.

Why? Why go for F-16s which Pakistan is operating for some 30 years? Rafales and Russian jets are much better.
F-16 is not F-35.

As on China, get more investments from China especially in railways, roads and non strategic infrastructure sectors, and there is no need for India to explicitly get involved in SCS.

Do you think its not gonna happen, I dont think so.

India already operate Russian and European jets...and if USA gives a good deal then why not US jets giving Tejas already uses American engine. See the thing is that India is buying 36 Rafales off the shelf while in an entirely new deal, 100+ jets are to be built in India( these jets could be anything, more Rafales, Gripen, F-16IN, F-18SH depending on the selection but my opinion is that these will be low cost jets like F-16IN or Gripen)....and yeah Rafale is better than F-16IN but again they are 2-3 times more costly....so better go with hi-lo mix in my opinion....few sqds of Rafales + Rest of F-16s/F-18SH/Gripen will serve the purpose.

You will eventually lose air superiority over Pakistan if you go F-16IN, instead of Rafales.
Its more expensive for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom