What's new

Lockheed Martin 6th generation Fighter

The world has yet to catch up with usa for the 5th generation Air crafts.

Last edited:
What exactly makes this 6th generation

To make a new generation aircraft you need to make a radical change in technology.

This aircraft seems to be the product of Combining predator drones with F-22.
But also adds more multi purpose functionality.

I would put it at 5.5 generation. due to this.

The 6th generation fighter has to able to maneuver at least like the su-37.
Boast a new kind of technology never before fielded
and most likely but not necessarily, be able to enter earth orbit. Due growing need for rapid deployment to any part of the globe. But most likely a new class of craft will be built for this role

Lockheed martin just trying to mix F-22 and Predator drones. Sure this boosts lethality for drone attacks by a 5x
but they just pissed they dont get to make more money out of f-22 lol.

So they want new cash cow to get more mulla$$$

There is not a committee creating these levels with certain features and performance levels in them. If an aircraft is that is deployed, meaning certified to whatever it is tasked to do, and if no one else has anything to meet its features and performance levels, we simply put it in another class. There is no need to have anything 'radical'. The P-51D certainly was one generation ahead of the P-39A Cobra and both has the same mission.

I have 9th generation fighter right here
695162af2b82e4de75247272ddb29b78.jpg

lol

To make a new generation aircraft you need to make a radical change in technology.

and most likely but not necessarily, be able to enter earth orbit. Due growing need for rapid deployment to any part of the globe. But most likely a new class of craft will be built for this role

Lockheed martin just trying to mix F-22 and Predator drones. Sure this boosts lethality for drone attacks by a 5x

what makes a F-22 or F-35 5th generation? Stealth? the F-117 had stealth before them. thrust vectoring? the F-35 does not use thrust vectoring.

The Sabre Warrior as it is called. Would have an even lower RCS value then the F-22. it has 2x the radar and electronics suite capability. It's modular weapons system would allow extremely fast rearming. Though the Video is unclear on this. It could also have an autonomous flight capability. in other words no pilot flying it remotely. I say this becuase the X-45C has this ability. And even if it is pilot remote controlled. The shear size of it and yet having no on board pilot would make it in a class by itself. No other country will have come close to it. Also thrust vectoring will fast become obsolete with the advent of High energy weapons being deployed. You can't out maneuver a beam of light.

Keep in mind as well this is a proposed concept aircraft. What you see isn't necessarily what 6th generation will look like. What it does show is what they are looking to incorporate into the next generation fighter. It has pretty much been known for awhile that the next generation would most likely be pilot less.

I think it is interesting to note as well. we are coming to a point where in order to field future generation aircraft. the country with them will need to have it's own satellites. Few can claim this distinction at present. Russia, Europe, China, U.S. and Japan. are the only ones with the technical capability to do this. a few others may have launch capability. But not the tech capability to build their own.

Last edited:

Ahhh the Sabre this is pretty old, I already read about this...Many countries are trying to develop pilot less softwares, but I don't why would they go to such lengths because they're skipping major steps, they don't have 4.75 generation fighter or let alone a 5th generation fighter, and won't have anytime soon, and the only way they are going to get a 5th generation is fighter is that most EU countries already placed orders on our F-35, countries like China and Russia trying to develop indigenous 5th generation fighters GREAT for them but you're still eons away from U.S technology..It is true everything in our defense program is top secret and never released to the public until they actually announce so we don't know if this is of several prototypes they are making...Also who knows when they could of started this maybe it's been 20-30 years after they started to develop the F-22 Raptor..

-LOL I can't believe, you're are including Russian aircrafts into this dicussion, a 6th generation fighter should have maneuver ability that of it's predecessor, and then surpass it..LOL Su-37 a MID level 4th generation fighter to that of a UCAV LOL????

I have explained elsewhere on this forum but will repeat in this discussion.

The purpose of an X-plane is to test a particular technology. Of course this aircraft will require aerodynamics controls so 'they' will just install a known proven flight control system to provide that functionality. For now the F-16's digital fly-by-wire system proved to be very flexible. Once the basic FLCS is functional, whatever new technology it is supposed to test will be installed. It could be weapons, or radar, or powerplant.

So it is highly self-deceptive to point out how a production aircraft has superior performance over the new X-plane in this and that area. That is NOT what the X-plane program supposed to do -- create an all new super-duper aircraft every few years that will out perform current aircrafts in all areas. An X-plane may test high AoA maneuverability, like the HiMAT F-16, and the program dies. Another X-plane may test supercruise using an experimental fuel, and the program dies. Another X-plane may test new cockpit ergonomics, and the program dies. Another X-plane program managed to incorporate all of them into a single functional package that is deployable. Then we have a new 'nth generation' aircraft for everyone to drool over or to disparage out of petty jealousy.

Clear as mud?

The future is nuclear powered flight (nuclear jet engine), America has probably already developed a viable concept to put into production...

They were certainly developing them in the cold war.

so ultimately Sky Net is becoming Reality .. and perhaps the future Nuclear weapons launch scenarios will be automated as well..!

Shhhh......Already done. ;)
If I'm not mistaken, once I read somewhere, a US official saying Pakistan is working on space-ship, sth like that...!!!

Does anyone have any link for that??? Was it really said or I'm mistaken?

Back
Top Bottom