What's new

Local Turkish Dialects

guys look at this 2 two words

bume ?
sheme /shume

it's both have same meaning and u cant use both of them and there is no grammar about them ! do u have this two ?

guys look at this 2 two words

bume ?
sheme /shume

it's both have same meaning and u cant use both of them and there is no grammar about them ! do u have this two ?

Bu mu ?
Şu mu ?

This, That, they're close but first one is usually while pointing out something near, while second one is while pointing out something a little far, but they can be used in place of each other some times.

Bu mu ?
Şu mu ?

This, That, they're close but first one is usually while pointing out something near, while second one is while pointing out something a little far, but they can be used in place of each other some times.
yes and boyleme (oyleme) and sheyleme ! they both has same meaning ! but they are diffrent and you can use which ever you want !

Some more words from my region

Ünlemek: Calling someone loudly
Keler: Lizard
Keme: Rat
Ebişmek: Putting something on someone back, or getting into someone's back.
Yargın: Back
Öökelenmek/Öykelenmek: Getting angry.

@asena_great

Its Gömlek in modern Turkish but in many dialects its also pronounced Göynek.

There was a time the history teacher was claiming that Bögü meant Wolf. I resisted saying böri meant wolf. So i remember it very well.

I looked up the word in other Turkic languages, Tatar form is "böye".

Bögü - Böy-Böv transition is understandable, in Turkic we can observe that G-Y-V transitions are common. In most Azerbaijani dialects for example "ev" is "öy". In my dialect we use "söy" instead of "sev" or "çöyür" instead of "çevir" (but we use "ev").

As an example for G-Y transition, while it's "yüyür" in standard, it's "yügür" in our dialect (yüyürmək - koşmak). I suppose "yügür" is the older form.

Last edited:
I looked up the word in other Turkic languages, Tatar form is "böye".

Bögü - Böy-Böv transition is understandable, in Turkic we can observe that G-Y-V transitions are common. In most Azerbaijani dialects for example "ev" is "öy". In my dialect we use "söy" instead of "sev" or "çöyür" instead of "çevir" (but we use "ev").

As an example for G-Y transition, while it's "yüyür" in standard, it's "yügür" in our dialect (yüyürmək - koşmak). I suppose "yügür" is the older form.

Tatars understand Orkhun language easily, whereas Anatolian Turks do not. Too much Persian and Arabic influence that needs to be erased.

My grand parents are from Yozgat, near Kayseri. I will try to remember some vocabulary and pronounciation :lol:

Noruyon gi?=How are you doing?
Gormuyongu?=Don't you see that?
Kiz (girl) is pronounced as "giz".
Doktor is pronounciated as togtur
çabıg=quickly
Acabola=I wonder
Abo=OMG

:lol:

cabig is not a common turkish word? MAN I thought it is normal word no one said anything to me...!

but nürion gi must be said to girls I thought :D

@Alienoz_TR

Your a Tatar speaker, right?

I see that the word for rice (pirinç) is "döge" in Tatar. It's "düyü" in Azerbaijani, "düvi" in Turkmen. Another example of G-Y-V transition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom