What's new

LOC: The downside of Pak Army BAT actions by Lt.Gen Syed Ata Hasnain.

Indeed and we are to take Pakistan's word over the LeT propaganda, lets not kid ourselves. The happenings of the past 3-4 years, from OBL to insider info being provided to the TTP has already proven the links that exist. Now if one wants proof that will suffice in a court of law, that's a different issue.

Whose asking for any proof or taking my word over anything ?

I'm simply exploring the argument here : A statistician's piece based on 4 voluminous propaganda pieces that have as much veracity as the tonnes of literature the TTP comes up with is taken as undeniable evidence without a second thought - Are we kidding ourselves ? To hell with taking me to the ICJ or whatever how can one's mind even process that ?

The happenings of the past 3-4 years - What about them ?

An OBL that no amount of hard evidence was able to establish anything with a link between it & the Pakistani Establishment being as flimsy an assertion as the one between American complicity in the World Trade Bombings where everyone was clueless whilst three bomb trucks traversed most of the sky & did their thing !

What do you think the BAT is, PA regulars rubbing shoulders with irregulars? Whenever an infil attempt happens the PA regulars limit themselves to providing overwatch for the ingressing party. Again, the purpose of articles like the above is not to get the other side to admit to their complicity but to inform the folks over here. The only dullards engaged in such attempts to draw out "admissions of guilt" are the likes of arnab goswami. The article established a correlation based on our operational experience, the opposition will obviously deny it, the agenda is not to prove anything as much as to state what our soldiers have observed.

I don't think the BATs are anything nor do those whom I talked to !

The purpose of the Article by Ata Hasnain could be exactly that or it might just be another one of those attempts at getting an 'Ata Boy' smack on the shoulder - We may never know !

Hence my initial post mentioned two Pakistani & not a single Indian because articles like these & narratives like these (from either side) are little more than conjecture & because I don't feel the need to prove anything or ask anyone else to prove anything to me I never asked the Indians to give their critique on the issue on what the BATs are or aren't & what the purpose of the Article was or wasn't !

i m sure you guys must have experienced the following:

5 - 6 college fellows, sitting at the canteen when all of a sudden Mr A (the attention seeker) starts talking!

He yaps his hearts out when after half an hour, the other friends while pocketing their cell phones say; "Sorry yaar A, tu koi baat karha tha kaya?"

This 'Jernal' saab is that Mr 'A'.

5 - 6 college fellows, sitting at the canteen when all of a sudden Mr A (the attention seeker) starts talking!

He yaps his hearts out when after half an hour, the other friends while pocketing their cell phones say; "Sorry yaar A, tu koi baat karha tha kaya?"

True Xeric sahab. Naukri halal kar raha hai husnain. :)

known for his path breaking tenure as Corps Commander of the high profile 15 Corps in the Kashmir Valley, where he employed the most unique methods to stabilise the turbulence that the Valley had experienced giving it the best chance for a return to peace. He remains the only officer of the Army to be decorated six times by the President of India and was recently honoured by the Vice President with the Capital Foundation Society’s award for excellence in the field of military leadership.

known for his path breaking tenure as Corps Commander of the high profile 15 Corps in the Kashmir Valley, where he employed the most unique methods to stabilise the turbulence that the Valley had experienced giving it the best chance for a return to peace. He remains the only officer of the Army to be decorated six times by the President of India and was recently honoured by the Vice President with the Capital Foundation Society’s award for excellence in the field of military leadership.

Many soldiers have been falsely decorated in the Indian Army to raise morale. Whether your country gives him medals or not does not in any way validate his credibility.

Many soldiers have been falsely decorated in the Indian Army to raise morale. Whether your country gives him medals or not does not in any way validate his credibility.

Are you referring to Ketchup Colonels

Lets not get get sanctimonious, your treasonous generals worthy of court marshal, became The president of your country on multiple occasions

Here we go again with the BAT... :rolleyes:

Seems like it's the new boogeyman around the block.

So @Xeric @TaimiKhan what the heck are these elusive BATs ? I've talked to around 11 Pakistani Army Officers that I know from a Cadet at Kakul on one hand to an ex-Lt.General on the other - All of them look at me as if I'm making it all up ! :unsure:

See here, 'Blunt Abdominal Trauma' (BAT team)

Blunt trauma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My best guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 'conjecture' doesn't establish anything more than ability an ability that your army has had in '71 as well !

It wasn't the only instance - the same happened in 1948 when PA regulars along with Mujahadeen attacked Kashmir, also was the same scenario in 99' Kargil when so called terrorists were actually terrorists and NLI collaborating to take over Kargil peaks. 1971 PA collaborated with razakars to bring down the revolt and exterminate the opposition.

So @Xeric @TaimiKhan what the heck are these elusive BATs ? I've talked to around 11 Pakistani Army Officers that I know from a Cadet at Kakul on one hand to an ex-Lt.General on the other - All of them look at me as if I'm making it all up ! :unsure:

Never heard of any such BATs, most probably a terminology invented by the Indians themselves. Such attacks do happen, but from both sides. Indians claim that attackers from our side take the heads of their soldiers, same practice has been conducted by the Indian soldiers when they raid some forward observation post. I know atleast 2 incidents where such incidents happened, and in tit for tat reaction then our guys do the same thing. This raids on forward posts has been going on for a long time from both sides. No side is innocent or a victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom