What's new

LoC flare up: August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak troops making serious mistake by violating ceasefire, Indian Army warns

RAJOURI: Sending a strong message to Pakistan over repeated ceasefire violations and BAT attacks, a top Army commander on Sunday warned it was making a "serious mistake" and said a befitting reply would be given with "full force" at the time and place of its choice.

"You (Pakistan) are making a serious mistake (with regard to ceasefire violations and BAT attacks)- do not do it," General Officer Commanding (GOC) 25 Infantry Div, Major General VP Singh told reporters here.

He was replying to volley of questions about what strong message he wants to convey to Pakistan with regard to increase in ceasefire violations, cross border firing and Border Action Team(BAT) attack on forward Indian posts along LoC in Poonch.

India has blamed BAT, which is a mix of Pakistani special forces personnel and terrorists, for the brutal killing of its two soldiers in January, one of whom was beheaded, and killing of its five personnel along Line of Control in Poonch sector.

"...what you are putting across - it is not going to affect, deter us or weaken our resolve," General Singh said.

He further said that the Army is here to respond to each and every act of Pakistan in which ever way it feels so.

Regarding Army's strategy in the wake of the BAT attacks engineered by Pakistan, Gen Singh said "as far as BAT action is concerned, we are absolutely aware what kind of response it is going to get - that response will be delivered".

"It will be delivered in our own time and at the place of our own choosing and with full force, that you shall see.

"It is a military matter - as and when the response is delivered - you will see", he said, adding "the response would be delivered-- we will select our time and place to give a befitting reply to Pakistan with full force," he said.

Gen Singh said the Defence Minister and the Chief of Army Staff have given his command clear directions that violation of ceasefire or any other act of infiltration from acros LoC will be met resolutelywith power and full force.

"As far as I am concerned, those directions are with me - we are responding and retaliating to the situation as per the requirements with full force", Gen Singh said.

He further said that Army Chief had also made it clear that Army is free to reply and respond to the BAT attacks as per opportunity and strategy.

"As per opportunity and situation, what is to be done - everybody knows it and reply accordingly will be given."

At another media briefing at Bhimbher Gali in Poonch sector along LoC, Brigade Commander, 120 Infantry Brigade, Brig A Sengupta said Army has inputs about Pakistan trying to engineer more BAT attacks along the border.

Pak troops making serious mistake by violating ceasefire, Indian Army warns - The Times of India

Few comments by indians :

1: General Singh do you think Pakistan understand such language .sir until and unless you do not kill their minimum 1000 Jawans -Pakistan will not mend her ways .They are worse then Dog,s Tail .

2:Its about time General Singh to give a befitting reply to our inhuman warmonger neighbour Pakistan! Seems like they are obsessed on losing wars with us. They never learn from the past do they? I suppose since Pakistan does not have the potential to succeed in any state of affairs, it is their resolve to not let India have peace. It is because of our hostile neighbours that we have to shell out billions on the defence budget and then there are millions of people with no food, no drinking water, no sanitation, no electricity, no future!

Yeah, insignificant eh? GOC's don't do warmongering if it's insignificant.

BAT, FAT, VAT bla bla bla...kuch karna hai to karo or else just shut up. This is getting us nowhere.

BAT, FAT, VAT bla bla bla...kuch karna hai to karo or else just shut up. This is getting us nowhere.

sir ji.. aapke ya mere time table thodi kuch hota hai.. Que sera sera

I am honestly perplexed at the stupidity of the Indian Army. I would expect a 2 star in IA would have at-least done his homework before throwing out random accusations. A man of his stature should know his position, and being a career soldier he should know how to conduct himself in the Public. PA uses the abbreviation of BAT for 'Battalion', not 'Border Action Team'. There is no such thing as 'Border Action Team' in PA.

I am honestly perplexed at the stupidity of the Indian Army. I would expect a 2 star in IA would have at-least done his homework before throwing out random accusations. A man of his stature should know his position, and being a career soldier he should know how to conduct himself in the Public. PA uses the abbreviation of BAT for 'Battalion', not 'Border Action Team'. There is no such thing as 'Border Action Team' in PA.

Exactly.

TBH, the media coined this term and I guess the Army just picked it up.

Defence minister said terrorists, then he said SSG Musa coy, then the media says 801 Mujahideen Regiment, then the term BAT comes out of nowhere, then some other folks put in Rangers...confusion galore!

Good reply by the division commander.The score will be settled in our time and place.

Four injured by Indian firing at LoC

18 August, 2013

521033ade1459.jpeg

The photo shows an Indian soldier near the Line of Control.

MUZAFFARABAD: A soldier was among four people injured by the firing of Indian troops in Nakial sector of the southern Kotli district across the Line of Control (LoC) on Saturday.

Officials said the heavy shelling continued from 2 to 4am in which Indian troops used both small and big weapons, including the artillery.

The injured were identified as soldier Sajid Shah and three civilians, Idrees and his sister Naseem of Dheri Dabsi village and ex-serviceman Mahmood Ahmed of Lanjot village.

The officials said at least three houses were damaged and some cattle were killed by the Indian firing.

They said Pakistan army troops had responded to the unprovoked Indian shelling.

On Friday night, both sides traded heavy fire for half an hour in Khuiratta sector of same district. However, there was no report of casualties.

Seven civilians were wounded in different border villages of Kotli by indiscriminate shelling of Indian troops on Thursday. They fired around 800 mortar and artillery shells.

Four injured by Indian firing at LoC - DAWN.COM

Both sides should stop this non sense violence immediately.

Pakistan should control the non state actors. This excuse is not acceptable that non state actors can come across the border and attack IA position.

IA would retaliate with required force, irrespective of whether the attack coming from across the border is from PA or its non state actors. PA should know that IA will retaliate even if they say the attack is from non state actors.

Pakistan should control the non state actors. This excuse is not acceptable that non state actors can come across the border and attack IA position.

So now you say that Army did it?

BTW, this claim then falls flat on your face as well. You guard your border so poorly that some militants or even the PA (as per your claims) can come inside 600 m and do it's job with ease and go back?

Is your border force so incapable?

So now you say that Army did it?

BTW, this claim then falls flat on your face as well. You guard your border so poorly that some militants or even the PA (as per your claims) can come inside 600 m and do it's job with ease and go back?

Is your border force so incapable?

Would you like to apply the same standard to our Army and our Western border, specially considering what is happening in Quetta and FATA?

How so? Any organized Army should be capable of protecting the borders of the State whose flag it flies. Right?

There's a world of difference between Af-Pak border and Indi-Pak/LoC.

Anyways before you habitually drag this thread off topic, I say we stop it right now. Make a new thread if you feel the need.

Are you straving..? Go and eat something :D

I am full...chicken palao.

There's a world of difference between Af-Pak border and Indi-Pak/LoC.

Anyways before you habitually drag this thread off topic, I say we stop it right now. Make a new thread if you feel the need.

I am full...chicken palao.

Oh yeah, the topic. The incompetent Indian Army is incapable of defending its borders. So unlike our great Army. Ab khush? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom