What's new

Liz Truss news – live: PM resigns after less than seven weeks in Downing Street

Weak parliamentary system, guess what, Malaysia is also going to another election next Month

Every one is just punching another opponent, inside and outside party, no unity what so ever as country
It's internal politics, why need unity? I am sure there are issues on which both the parties unite.
This is democracy at work... if you don't perform, you get the pink slip.
Little unstable but it's fantastic when your lawmakers are held accountable in a smooth manner.

My wife said no......No UK in EU anymore......
The political situation in UK seems to be similar to the time when Winston Churchill was brought to power in WW2. At that time, no one wanted to take the helm as PM of UK because Hitler was routing the Royal armed forces from all sides and even a face saving surrender was unlikely. Today, the UK seems to be under attack again - but the enemy is their own stupidity?!

Why do politicians like Rajapaksa or Liz Truz think that they can dole out unfunded tax cuts when their currency is not the reserve currency of the world? I wonder what they see that I cannot follow 🤔

This has been a disaster for the conservatives in UK. Ever since Brexit, the UK has been on a downward slide. I wonder if UK will have another referendum to join with the EU again. This time negotiate an arrangement with EU that is seen as 'fair' by the pro-Brexit population. 🤔 🤔

No and no and no.
Why doesn't Canada hand over immigration policy and trade policy to the US? What about Mexico?
Now you know why we left.

The political situation in UK seems to be similar to the time when Winston Churchill was brought to power in WW2. At that time, no one wanted to take the helm as PM of UK because Hitler was routing the Royal armed forces from all sides and even a face saving surrender was unlikely. Today, the UK seems to be under attack again - but the enemy is their own stupidity?!

Why do politicians like Rajapaksa or Liz Truz think that they can dole out unfunded tax cuts when their currency is not the reserve currency of the world? I wonder what they see that I cannot follow 🤔
What they see is the big bag of sponsorship money coming from the big corporation......

Conventional means in this situation would be to tax hike the big corporation and get more of a windfall budget they can work with, but that does not jive well with the corporation sponsorship to the government, you try to tax them they donate less. and you get less of a campaign budget to follow next year, which mean you are out of the job.

That's why that really crazy and irresponsible proposal of borrowing money to "Try and scrape by" instead of getting a surplus. It would be okay if you have a sound fiscal planning, not with that clown show tho...

Leadership election for sure;

Sunak
Penny
Wallace
Braverman

The top contenders are Penny and Sunak.

Penny has wider support, but Sunak will now be more credible with the economic policies. That being said he has way too many enemies from Boris's camp which is huge and Liz who is fuming that he may had something to do with this.

Aside this labour has 100% the right to ask for an election now.

No and no and no.
Why doesn't Canada hand over immigration policy and trade policy to the US? What about Mexico?
Now you know why we left.
Canada is a resource rich country that has the most permissive free trade deal and largely undefended land border with the largest consumer market in the world. UK is not Canada by any means.

I don't see the upside for UK after Brexit. :disagree:

Leadership election for sure;

Sunak
Penny
Wallace
Braverman

The top contenders are Penny and Sunak.

Penny has wider support, but Sunak will now be more credible with the economic policies. That being said he has way too many enemies from Boris's camp which is huge and Liz who is fuming that he may had something to do with this.

Aside this labour has 100% the right to ask for an election now.
What you need is a leader that have the courage to cut straight into the riches, leave the politics for one second and try to focus on the country. Yes, that would most likely be the last thing whoever in charge would do, but at least people in general can survive this.

I mean, the level of governance is unheard of with Liz Truss.....she didn't do anything, I doubt she had even unpacked.....

Canada is a resource rich country that has the most permissive free trade deal and largely undefended land border with the largest consumer market in the world. UK is not Canada by any means.

I don't see the upside for UK after Brexit. :disagree:

The UK has so many inherent advantages at world level they'll take too long to list. You can start with world innovation index where we are at 4 with only one EU country above us.

There are plenty of upsides to Brexit, it was just horribly mismanaged. You asked why we would have left I gave you two simple reasons.

What you need is a leader that have the courage to cut straight into the riches, leave the politics for one second and try to focus on the country. Yes, that would most likely be the last thing whoever in charge would do, but at least people in general can survive this.

I mean, the level of governance is unheard of with Liz Truss.....she didn't do anything, I doubt she had even unpacked.....

Penny isn't bad no one else. Rishi is a banker's shill which doesn't leave anyone else.
Labour is calling for an election.

Penny isn't bad no one else. Rishi is a banker's shill which doesn't leave anyone else.
Labour is calling for an election.
You need a no BS leader that most likely will not seek for a re-election, that way he/she will have to ball to do what they need to do to fix it.

And I would be calling for a election now, there are no way the public will vote for Tory now if there is a election.

For Indonesian, it is already save to get rid Sunak who want to boycot G20 meeting, at least in November 15-18, Britain PM, Liz Truss, will come to Bali, representing England in 2022 G 20 meeting.

The UK has so many inherent advantages at world level they'll take too long to list. You can start with world innovation index where we are at 4 with only one EU country above us.

There are plenty of upsides to Brexit, it was just horribly mismanaged. You asked why we would have left I gave you two simple reasons.
How much of this innovation is because of EU immigration to the country? London - that was part of EU - was a good headquarters location for many European companies. I will not be surprised if UK will slide on the innovation scale in the coming decades. I have no spite for the UK and its people. I really wish them well, but this small Island country will simply revert to its natural place in world order. Scotland is after all just a single referendum away for breaking away. Economic strife will fan separationist sentiment. :undecided:

How much of this innovation is because of EU immigration to the country? London - that was part of EU - was a good headquarters location for many European companies. I will not be surprised if UK will slide on the innovation scale in the coming decades. I have no spite for the UK and its people. I really wish them well, but this small Island country will simply revert to its natural place in world order. Scotland is after all just a single referendum away for breaking away. Economic strife will fan separationist sentiment. :undecided:

Omg lol!!!!!!!!
We left in 2016! Do you know the vast majority of labour we received from the EU was low skilled Labour around 90%!!!!

The latest figures we have come from a report issued in 2014 by the Migration Advisory Committee (an independent public body that advises the government) using 2013 statistics.
It says an estimated 870,000 citizens from other EU countries were employed in low-skilled jobs.

Do you know anything about how much the UK has given the world from modern physics, to the jet engine, to fine literature to antibiotics? I bet you'll say someone else did that for us.

To be honest you don't really reflect the views of most Canadians, real Canadians love the UK and wish it to be successful, and having a shared royal family makes us close.

You better also look at the strength of independence movement in Scotland, it's at its lowest for years.

Last edited:
It's internal politics, why need unity? I am sure there are issues on which both the parties unite.
This is democracy at work... if you don't perform, you get the pink slip.
Little unstable but it's fantastic when your lawmakers are held accountable in a smooth manner.

She is back stabbed by her own party, if Conservative is united behind her, she will continue. The same thing also happen with Borris Jhonson and Theresa May.

Back
Top Bottom