What's new

LIVE: Govt approves 100% FDI in aviation, defence, here are the reactions

I would like to add a point here, I saw so man news houses who shifted the goal post from giving him another term to the mud slinging he received from Swamy.

One guy made allegations put some facts/claims is termed mud slinging when from Shah to Jaitely disowned the comments, seems so far from the reality that the jaundiced views of our media seems totally unreal.

If the insults is from the governor of RBI for the govt. its fine for you but from some people on the governor becomes a problem for you? Hypocrisy at best?

If you only believe in one-way allegations then why don't you accept that you are intolerant to others FoE?

If you did not have time you would not be on PDF quoting me, since you are trying to pass opinions as facts - you look like the one who is spewing non-sense.

It just you who is spewing nonsense.. not me.. Don't you have sense to understand, Don't quote me your nonsense... Many members here disagree with susu.. but you got prob with my post only.. Am not responding to you to change goal posts... Im fed up with These blind supporters ..
@DesiGuy1403 @danger007 you both are off on a tangent

While he did a good job, his hesitancy in forcing down rates in order to stimulate easy finance for small and medium scale industries was questionable at best.

If now someone again says inflation ... then that person needs to go to school of economics and study again

You need manageable inflation .. Not deflation

Additionally ..... US has kept the lowest ever interest rates since the Great Depression in order to maintain fiscal stimulus, inspite of the fact that they could raise it, the fed did not ..... The reason is to get more people in job market manufacturing or trading by providing easy finance.

Now get back to the topic

@Oscar please close this false flag thread

This thread is hijacked by some of your fellows,at least did you bothered to read thread title or just a lip service... False flag thread???

He was the Economic adviser to PM before 2013- During his tenure as PM's Economic advisor most bad loans were given by Banks- Which could not have happened without his knowledge and silent consent-

Also blaming all bad loans on crony capitalism would be rather unjust- specially now that we know how environment ministry was used by Rahul Gandhi to block operations newly constructed industrial units- simply gain some political mileage or party funds from rival industrialists or utter stupidity-

It would rather noobish to believe Rajan didn't knew all this- or had no idea of consequences which would follow- not allowing loans to the industrialists simply because Rahul Gandhi was being stupid those those days and playing with country's economy- Is totally Unjust- for honest hardworking industrialists- Yes they can be hard working-

This Govt- should've removed this man as Governor of RBI as son as they came to power in 2014- simply after taking in account his tenure as the Economic adviser to Manmohan Singh when all the messing up of Banking sector was done- But then it was surprising why they continued with him- any other Govt- would've booted out such person at the earliest after taking power-

I am not questioning this man's integrity or qualifications he is a great economist, may be even greater- perhaps man of the century- But his records don't go well when It comes to banking sector- Even after all these years as RBI Governor he has done nothing to tackle bad loan problem- You don't turn off water supply If some people are stealing- This causes all the other people to starve and die to thirst-

If being an Indian means:

Blindly following political leaders
Doing things just for the heck of staying in limelight
Making promises which one can’t deliver
Over-simplifying the truth
Not being the best at your job and
Not being respected the world over as an authority on banking and monetary economics
Then YES, DR Rajan is not fullly Indian.

But wait a second. Who said that the above points define an Indian? Who wants an average Indian to a blind follower or stupid enough to believe the things he is told without questioning them? - Politicans like Swamy! That is why he said that Dr Rajan is not an Indian. So that he can convince other Indians to not be like him!

On a serious note, Dr Rajan has an Indian Passport with a US Green Card, which means that the US recognizes him as an Indian Citizen, good enough to be given the right to work in the US! That’s all.

You know how many other prominent Indians have Green Cards?

Arvind Panagriya - Niti aayog

Dr. Kaushik Basu and Arvind Subramaniam - Chief Economist Advisors

Urjit Patel - RBI

Swamy’s own son-in-law has been at MIT since more than a decade and am certain he has a Green Card himself.

The point being, just because Dr. Rajan has the right to work in the US, he doesn’t become lesser Indian. Only the stupidest person can claim this to be true. But swamy isn’t stupid. So what is it then?

It is the fact that BJP wants to create a negative image around Rajan so that they can replace him. If they are successful, they will be able to replace him without much public despair. Swamy is dealing his cards accordingly.

If you want to read more about why Swamy is wrong to say that Rajan is not the best choice for a governor, you can read: Rishi Mishra's answer to Why is Raghuram Rajan not fit for RBI governor as per Subramaniam Swamy statement?

Someone asked for the present context, so here is my attempt at explaining what is probably the reason behind the recent events:

The central government has been wanting to cut loose on the monetary policy to pump up the amount of credit in the economy. They mask this with the notion that production is stalling because of lack of credit. While that is partially true, its not all because of higher interest rates. What they actually wanted to do was to help their industrial friends get even cheaper credit, in order to fulfill their election promise. Dr. Rajan, however, needed data to be persuaded, not just some banter from the govt. This was very frustrating for the govt and its industrialist friends. But they couldn’t do much because of Rajan’s excellent arguments and great global image as the best central banker of our times.

Now as his term is coming to a close, the govt is aware that people will want him reinstated. But the govt doesn’t want that to happen. So, they are using Swamy, who is one of the few highly educated mainstream BJP politician presently, to disrupt his image. As already explained, Swamy is doing that, by over-simplifying arguments, so that he makes the common man believe that they understand the complexity of the situation, which will encourage them to get behind Swamy. In short, he is making you believe that you understand.. although you don’t. Mind you, Swamy does! He probably doesn’t agree with what he is saying.. but politics is a dirty game!

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-agree-...t-Raghuram-Rajan-is-mentally-not-fully-Indian

This thread is hijacked by some of your fellows,at least did you bothered to read thread title or just a lip service... False flag thread???

My fellows? LOL

Yup false flag thread - due to your entertaining counter narratives on Rajan. Yet to see you try and get your thread online and ignore trolls.

You don't feed trolls, and do not derail your own thread .... you have ended up derailing a great topic ... can you post something on the original topic of FDI? Or is justifying Rajan's exit or points against thereof any way related to FDI being permitted?

If it is indeed the case wherein Ranjan has allowed FDI in these sectors or opposed them .. then by all means carry on discussing Rajan

Or maybe you can come to the original topic and discuss the potential ramifications .....

My fellows? LOL

Yup false flag thread - due to your entertaining counter narratives on Rajan. Yet to see you try and get your thread online and ignore trolls.

You don't feed trolls, and do not derail your own thread .... you have ended up derailing a great topic ... can you post something on the original topic of FDI? Or is justifying Rajan's exit or points against thereof any way related to FDI being permitted?

If it is indeed the case wherein Ranjan has allowed FDI in these sectors or opposed them .. then by all means carry on discussing Rajan

Or maybe you can come to the original topic and discuss the potential ramifications .....

Not my fault, I ignored many already.. i posted thread without editing.. My view about Rajan is might be different from BJP supporters.. but my view about 100% FDI or NSG bid very much positive.. unfortunately many crying on few members who differ with BJP moves.. removing Rajan should be very much administrative than public hulla bulla..

Not my fault, I ignored many already.. i posted thread without editing.. My view about Rajan is might be different from BJP supporters.. but my view about 100% FDI or NSG bid very much positive.. unfortunately many crying on few members who differ with BJP moves.. removing Rajan should be very much administrative than public hulla bulla..

Don't bother!

Since the FDI is in, it shall be interesting to see how does the Defence and aviation react. Etihad had expressed an interest in 100% subsidiary as also others are on anvil, do we see some action in aviation sector especially with the present government's thrust on air services to so called category B cities?

If being an Indian means:

Blindly following political leaders
Doing things just for the heck of staying in limelight
Making promises which one can’t deliver
Over-simplifying the truth
Not being the best at your job and
Not being respected the world over as an authority on banking and monetary economics
Then YES, DR Rajan is not fullly Indian.

But wait a second. Who said that the above points define an Indian? Who wants an average Indian to a blind follower or stupid enough to believe the things he is told without questioning them? - Politicans like Swamy! That is why he said that Dr Rajan is not an Indian. So that he can convince other Indians to not be like him!

On a serious note, Dr Rajan has an Indian Passport with a US Green Card, which means that the US recognizes him as an Indian Citizen, good enough to be given the right to work in the US! That’s all.

You know how many other prominent Indians have Green Cards?

Arvind Panagriya - Niti aayog

Dr. Kaushik Basu and Arvind Subramaniam - Chief Economist Advisors

Urjit Patel - RBI

Swamy’s own son-in-law has been at MIT since more than a decade and am certain he has a Green Card himself.

The point being, just because Dr. Rajan has the right to work in the US, he doesn’t become lesser Indian. Only the stupidest person can claim this to be true. But swamy isn’t stupid. So what is it then?

It is the fact that BJP wants to create a negative image around Rajan so that they can replace him. If they are successful, they will be able to replace him without much public despair. Swamy is dealing his cards accordingly.

If you want to read more about why Swamy is wrong to say that Rajan is not the best choice for a governor, you can read: Rishi Mishra's answer to Why is Raghuram Rajan not fit for RBI governor as per Subramaniam Swamy statement?

Someone asked for the present context, so here is my attempt at explaining what is probably the reason behind the recent events:

The central government has been wanting to cut loose on the monetary policy to pump up the amount of credit in the economy. They mask this with the notion that production is stalling because of lack of credit. While that is partially true, its not all because of higher interest rates. What they actually wanted to do was to help their industrial friends get even cheaper credit, in order to fulfill their election promise. Dr. Rajan, however, needed data to be persuaded, not just some banter from the govt. This was very frustrating for the govt and its industrialist friends. But they couldn’t do much because of Rajan’s excellent arguments and great global image as the best central banker of our times.

Now as his term is coming to a close, the govt is aware that people will want him reinstated. But the govt doesn’t want that to happen. So, they are using Swamy, who is one of the few highly educated mainstream BJP politician presently, to disrupt his image. As already explained, Swamy is doing that, by over-simplifying arguments, so that he makes the common man believe that they understand the complexity of the situation, which will encourage them to get behind Swamy. In short, he is making you believe that you understand.. although you don’t. Mind you, Swamy does! He probably doesn’t agree with what he is saying.. but politics is a dirty game!

https://www.quora.com/Do-you-agree-...t-Raghuram-Rajan-is-mentally-not-fully-Indian

Totally irrelevant to my post-

Back
Top Bottom