What's new

LIVE: Govt approves 100% FDI in aviation, defence, here are the reactions

You missed the real point, that "Lot of us" doesn't include the people in the government!! Government has the final authority in policy making, and the RBI Governor cannot run his own policies in the opposite direction of the government.

Times Now report on idle fund in RBI:

Think u Missed the POINT of Not WANTING a YES MAN! .... u are saying the Govt is always right and no one should question it?

Also the link is not working (anyone has the same problem?)

Think u Missed the POINT of Not WANTING a YES MAN! .... u are saying the Govt is always right and no one should question it?

Who is "Not wanting", some people? In this case what government wants is all that matters. You can question the government, you can vote against it, but as long as it is in power, it decides who should form its core team and who should be out of it.

It happens in all kinds of teams, a few members might differ in something, can put forward their views, but when a decision has been taken and confirmed by the captain/boss/leader of the team, all members must follow that decision/policy/path/goal and work as a team to achieve it. If one member decides to follow his own decision that he sees fit, but in contrary to the team's decision, then the team cannot function.

For an execution point of view, you need yes men. You cannot have your execution team question you continuously and work against you.
For the work of NO, you have enough systems including the opposition, the public, the media and the judiciary.
Not to forget you also have the CAG, EC etc that are completely independent.
Now the question regarding independence of RBI is a different one. There are arguments both sides. But as it stands today, the govt can still install the candidate of its choice.

Who is "Not wanting", some people? In this case what government wants is all that matters. You can question the government, you can vote against it, but as long as it is in power, it decides who should form its core team and who should be out of it.

It happens in all kinds of teams, a few members might differ in something, can put forward their views, but when a decision has been taken and confirmed by the captain/boss/leader of the team, all members must follow that decision/policy/path/goal and work as a team to achieve it. If one member decides to follow his own decision that he sees fit, but in contrary to the team's decision, then the team cannot function.

For an execution point of view, you need yes men. You cannot have your execution team question you continuously and work against you.
For the work of NO, you have enough systems including the opposition, the public, the media and the judiciary.
Not to forget you also have the CAG, EC etc that are completely independent.
Now the question regarding independence of RBI is a different one. There are arguments both sides. But as it stands today, the govt can still install the candidate of its choice.

Wow! .... A Company of YES Men to run the Govt will be BAD for Business!! No ONE to Question the direction that is BAD .... One has to wonder, IF all goes BAD who will be the FALL Guy (man):sarcastic:

Wow! .... A Company of YES Men to run the Govt will be BAD for Business!! No ONE to Question the direction that is BAD .... One has to wonder, IF all goes BAD who will be the FALL Guy (man):sarcastic:

If all goes bad then it's the incumbent government who will be the fall guy...always.

It's the government which is elected by the people and answerable to people for its work and promises, the RBI governor is recruited by the elected government and not answerable to people. Government needs to meet peoples' expectations and all its arms are required to work in coordination, not in conflict, to implement its policies. Did you blame the RBI Governors for all the failures of previous governments?

susu got prob with rajan, the point when his tenure is about to dnd.. why motor mouths use nonsense on institutional head... you may be feel he did great because,you are bjp supporter who supports every action of them.. but im not.. no idiot will insult like this.. he is going because Subu filthy language.. it's not me who lost it. but you.. whatever we say,you live in denial mode.
You should stop shifting the goalposts mate.

Just answer where and when Rajan made comments outside the remit of his job description while UPA was in power. His rants about comparison with Hitler, one-eyed king and getting into intolerance debate was outside his remit and was noted by many as a departure from the norm - a norm followed all over the world.

It was also accepted that he was given a free run on RBI despite major difference between Jaitely and him by Modi. So either you come to the point and provide evidence that he was a so-called public intellectual even during the UPA tenure or you should conceded that he was biased.

You should stop shifting the goalposts mate.

Just answer where and when Rajan made comments outside the remit of his job description while UPA was in power. His rants about comparison with Hitler, one-eyed king and getting into intolerance debate was outside his remit and was noted by many as a departure from the norm - a norm followed all over the world.

It was also accepted that he was given a free run on RBI despite major difference between Jaitely and him by Modi. So either you come to the point and provide evidence that he was a so-called public intellectual even during the UPA tenure or you should conceded that he was biased.

it is you who changing you goalposts... you can bring up anything but i shouldn't give my opinion..
you should stop your ranting ir don't quote me your nonsense.. i hope you understand..

it is you who changing you goalposts... you can bring up anything but i shouldn't give my opinion..
you should stop your ranting ir don't quote me your nonsense.. i hope you understand..

Giving your opinion is one thing and expecting people to not call out your nonsense is another, claiming he was the same under both the govt. is going against the facts. IF you are going to claim that he was a neutral candidate then bring facts to support your case.

As has been noted by all here you have yet to give a single fact when Rajan made statements contrary to UPA's point of view and his mouth seems to have started working only during BJP term.

A biased candidate no matter how intelligent will be looked with suspicion as the govt. needs people it can rely upon not motor mouths.

Giving your opinion is one thing and expecting people to not call out your nonsense is another, claiming he was the same under both the govt. is going against the facts. IF you are going to claim that he was a neutral candidate then bring facts to support your case.

As has been noted by all here you have yet to give a single fact when Rajan made statements contrary to UPA's point of view and his mouth seems to have started working only during BJP term.

A biased candidate no matter how intelligent will be looked with suspicion as the govt. needs people it can rely upon not motor mouths.

and your prob with my post.. I can sense your prob.. you are expecting everyone accept a looney toon insulting instnl in public that too who governs Banking sector .. I pity on blind support ... there should be proper way to remove such high profile banker .. not public stunt.. I don't have time to reply your nonsense... i guess you don't understand don't quote your nonsense...

I would like to add a point here, I saw so man news houses who shifted the goal post from giving him another term to the mud slinging he received from Swamy.

One guy made allegations put some facts/claims is termed mud slinging when from Shah to Jaitely disowned the comments, seems so far from the reality that the jaundiced views of our media seems totally unreal.

and your prob with my post.. I can sense your prob.. you are expecting everyone accept a looney toon insulting instnl in public that too who governs Banking sector .. I pity on blind support ... there should be proper way to remove such high profile banker .. not public stunt.. I don't have time to reply your nonsense...
If the insults is from the governor of RBI for the govt. its fine for you but from some people on the governor becomes a problem for you? Hypocrisy at best?

If you only believe in one-way allegations then why don't you accept that you are intolerant to others FoE?

If you did not have time you would not be on PDF quoting me, since you are trying to pass opinions as facts - you look like the one who is spewing non-sense.

If all goes bad then it's the incumbent government who will be the fall guy...always.

It's the government which is elected by the people and answerable to people for its work and promises, the RBI governor is recruited by the elected government and not answerable to people. Government needs to meet peoples' expectations and all its arms are required to work in coordination, not in conflict, to implement its policies. Did you blame the RBI Governors for all the failures of previous governments?

But Unfortunately we are NOT living in a perfect World! where the Govt will be the Fall guy!

why for Eg Mr Rajan is blamed by certain section of the government, society and members of this post for the NOT so good economy ? no?

But Unfortunately we are NOT living in a perfect World! where the Govt will be the Fall guy!

why for Eg Mr Rajan is blamed by certain section of the government, society and members of this post for the NOT so good economy ? no?

That's because Rajan brought himself to the center of controversy. Otherwise it was the UPA that was the fall guy for poor economic condition of India, and it lost power. If BJP does bad then it will lose power in the next election, then you won't say that BJP did bad because of the RBI Governor, would you? And if I tell you then that it was for the RBI Governor BJP did bad, you won't listen to it either, no?

That would be the govt ofcourse. If these decisions turn out to be bad ones, then Namo will be kicked out during the next elections.
Think of it like a circus clown show.
You get to choose those clowns every 5 years as part of a process. The same process allows those clowns to their own side kicks. If you don't like the act, don't buy the ticket for their show the next time. Atleast you will be sure that the clown show was bad because of their own choices. Defense like the clown had to use someone's sidekicks can be eliminated.

That's because Rajan brought himself to the center of controversy. Otherwise it was the UPA that was the fall guy for poor economic condition of India, and it lost power. If BJP does bad then it will lose power in the next election, then you won't say that BJP did bad because of the RBI Governor, would you? And if I tell you then that it was for the RBI Governor BJP did bad, you won't listen to it either, no?
Pal !!! No Govt On its own will admit that they have failed!!! especially on an economic front ....and right now we have Mr subramanian swamy pointing fingers at RBI and now sets his finger on the Economic adviser ! ... (FALL GUYS)

Crony Capitalists:

Raghuram Rajan tightened the screws of flowing credit from banks to big businesses saying that no one had the 'divine right' to own a business by looting the country.

Many of these businesses were debt ridden and continued to borrow from banks that offered to lend, thereby messing up the economy.

He was the Economic adviser to PM before 2013- During his tenure as PM's Economic advisor most bad loans were given by Banks- Which could not have happened without his knowledge and silent consent-

Also blaming all bad loans on crony capitalism would be rather unjust- specially now that we know how environment ministry was used by Rahul Gandhi to block operations newly constructed industrial units- simply gain some political mileage or party funds from rival industrialists or utter stupidity-

It would rather noobish to believe Rajan didn't knew all this- or had no idea of consequences which would follow- not allowing loans to the industrialists simply because Rahul Gandhi was being stupid those those days and playing with country's economy- Is totally Unjust- for honest hardworking industrialists- Yes they can be hard working-

This Govt- should've removed this man as Governor of RBI as son as they came to power in 2014- simply after taking in account his tenure as the Economic adviser to Manmohan Singh when all the messing up of Banking sector was done- But then it was surprising why they continued with him- any other Govt- would've booted out such person at the earliest after taking power-

I am not questioning this man's integrity or qualifications he is a great economist, may be even greater- perhaps man of the century- But his records don't go well when It comes to banking sector- Even after all these years as RBI Governor he has done nothing to tackle bad loan problem- You don't turn off water supply If some people are stealing- This causes all the other people to starve and die to thirst-

Back
Top Bottom