What's new

(Live) Chandrayaan-2: India's historic moon mission lost its communication-Mission Failed

Evidence showed a hard landing for the lander when analyzing the doppler curve data. Failed mission it is, maybe next time you will succeed. Drawings like this is inspiring, good luck next time

EDwEtZNUcAsMkxN.jpg

Last edited:
I mean compared to India's level their space agency seem to be willing to take more risks than the Chinese. Do you know that they have had a rocket a rocket with a far smaller payload/lifting capability than that of China for decades now, and yet they have launched moon missions and even a Mars mission with such a smaller rocket(China is still waiting to get it's long march 5 to be ready before taking the risk to launch a mars mars mission for example). They are also starting to set up a manned mission in the coming years from what I red.
Imagine they had the lifting capability of China for all these decades, I think they would have done same or even more than what China has done so far. Reasont I said they seem to be ready to take more risks than China. The Chinese seem to be very averse to taking risks, they prefer to take more time and go step by step. I'm not saying China or India's method is bad. Just that both nations seem to have a different approach and mentality when it comes to space exploration.

When china launched manned mission in 2002, it had smaller rocket.

When china launched manned mission in 2002, it had smaller rocket.

Boasting Indians don’t admit defeat even though lander smashed into pieces

Like they never admit their plane got shot down but come up with bullshit like bison shot down F-16

"Sivan said that 95% of the mission objectives of Chandrayaan-2 have been achieved and the orbiter, which has eight of the 14 instruments of the mission, is still actively orbiting around the moon".

It's like saying "95% of the objectives of my wedding ceremony have been achieved, except the bride did not show up." Is he an honest dude?

I mean compared to India's level their space agency seem to be willing to take more risks than the Chinese. Do you know that they have had a rocket a rocket with a far smaller payload/lifting capability than that of China for decades now, and yet they have launched moon missions and even a Mars mission with such a smaller rocket(China is still waiting to get it's long march 5 to be ready before taking the risk to launch a mars mars mission for example). They are also starting to set up a manned mission in the coming years from what I red.
Imagine they had the lifting capability of China for all these decades, I think they would have done same or even more than what China has done so far. Reasont I said they seem to be ready to take more risks than China. The Chinese seem to be very averse to taking risks, they prefer to take more time and go step by step. I'm not saying China or India's method is bad. Just that both nations seem to have a different approach and mentality when it comes to space exploration.
It's not about risk or not. What kind of scientific data value can you get from a 14kg Mars oribiter of India? While the Mars oribiter send by China piggy back on Russia rocket is 120kg. It carries more powerful sensor and more equipment to truly achieve scientific value.

Same as China yutu rover of 120kg vs India pragyan 14kg. China yutu 2 rover can travel better on moon terrain with pigger wheels, penetrate ground x-ray to collect more meaningful value. What can you expect from a 14kg rover to collect what kind of data besides taking photo?

Finally, China Mars mission 2020 is not just send an orbiter and that's it. It is sending oribiter together with an lander with rovers at the sametime. That means it will accomplish 2 feat on the same time with one trip. So do you think the bigger rocket is neccesary?

Indian is willing to go with small payload becos their main aim is just to prove their feat of achieving feat like soft landing and reach Mars. Whether it can collect meaningful scientific value is secondary.

China wanted to achieve both. A decent payload of rover and orbiter are neccesary.

Do US send a Mars rover of only 15kg? Ask yourself.

It's not about risk or not. What kind of scientific data value can you get from a 14kg Mars oribiter of India? While the Mars oribiter send by China piggy back on Russia rocket is 120kg. It carries more powerful sensor and more equipment to truly achieve scientific value.

Same as China yutu rover of 120kg vs India pragyan 14kg. China yutu 2 rover can travel better on moon terrain with pigger wheels, penetrate ground x-ray to collect more meaningful value. What can you expect from a 14kg rover to collect what kind of data besides taking photo?

Finally, China Mars mission 2020 is not just send an orbiter and that's it. It is sending oribiter together with an lander with rovers at the sametime. That means it will accomplish 2 feat on the same time with one trip. So do you think the bigger rocket is neccesary?

Indian is willing to go with small payload becos their main aim is just to prove their feat of achieving feat like soft landing and reach Mars. Whether it can collect meaningful scientific value is secondary.

China wanted to achieve both. A decent payload of rover and orbiter are neccesary.

Do US send a Mars rover of only 15kg? Ask yourself.

India's rover design life is only 14 days (one moon day), they don't have isotope heat protection. They do it for boasting, not science. what a laughing stock.

Technically speaking India did land on the Moon, crash landed that is so the 95% mission accomplished can be seen as a tiny consolation? I do agree with the comments above that what US and China are capable of is more meaningful. The payload is way bigger and the amount of data that can be collected and objectives to achieve are way above the level of India so nothing to do with the risk factor of Indian psyche. India is no where near China is just the truth.

Well there you go ! A country that believes it sent the Hubble space telescope , ridiculing/questioning Indian space prowess. Now that's insulting.

Onboard Camera View of China's Chang'e-4 landing on the far-side of the Moon.

It's a big tech. challenge to transmit the data from the far-side of the moon back to the Earth. China does it via sending a data-relay satellite, Queqiao/鹊桥, to the Earth-Moon L2 point.

If India could transmit the video data back to the Earth, it could be a big help to find out the failure cause of the fall.

upload_2019-9-10_14-34-41.png

Onboard Camera View of China's Chang'e-4 landing on the far-side of the Moon.

It's a big tech. challenge to transmit the data from the far-side of the moon back to the Earth. China does it via sending a data-relay satellite, Queqiao/鹊桥, to the Earth-Moon L2 point.

If India could transmit the video data back to the Earth, it could be a big help to find out the failure cause of the fall.

View attachment 578700
The relay satellite is needed becos China mission is on the far side of the moon Moon but for India case, they are at South Pole but still facing earth. So it's not an issue not having that satellite. It's more of India lacking the right facilities to test the equipment under the harsh environment of lunar condition.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

India to send two astronauts into space in 2016

India will launch its first manned mission in 2016 with two astronauts for a week-long odyssey in space, a top Indian space agency official said on Wednesday.

“We are planning a human space flight in 2016, with two astronauts who will spend seven days in the earth’s lower orbit,” Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman Dr. K. Radhakrishnan told reporters here.

Space scientists and senior officials of the state-run ISRO are preparing a pre-project report to build the infrastructure and facilities for the mission, estimated to cost a whopping Rs.124 billion ($2.76 billion).

The Planning Commission had in principle approved the human space flight project in February 2009. Its Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia then said more funds would be allocated in two phases during the Eleventh Plan (2007-12) and Twelfth Plan (2012-17).

“We will design and develop the space module for the manned mission in the next four years. Two astronauts will be selected to train for the space flight,” Mr. Radhakrishnan said on the margins of a space event.

The government had allocated Rs. 950 million (Rs.95 crore/$10 million) for pre-project initiatives in 2007-08.

The space agency will set up a full-fledged training facility in this tech hub for training the astronauts and building a third launch pad at its spaceport at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh, about 80 km northeast of Chennai.

“Spacecraft for the proposed manned mission will have extra facilities like entry into crew capsule and an escape chute,” the chairman said after releasing a book titled “Moon Mission: Exploring the Moon with Chandrayaan-1”.

The book was authored by S.K. Das, former member (finance) of the space department.

To demonstrate its re-entry technology prowess, ISRO had launched in 2007 a 600 kg space capsule recovery experiment (SRE) using the polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) rocket and was successful in bringing it back to the earth safely 12 days later.

You need to understand the difference between the willingness to take more risks and being careless. China has left the stage of using space program for propaganda. Their space program tries to actually achieve something concrete, instead of beating someone else or cheering themselves up. Space missions are risky. It is prudent to treat them carefully.

Back
Top Bottom