What's new

Liquid armor -The invention of two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli surprised the United Sta

Bismarck

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The invention of two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli surprised the United States
The outfit 'liquid armor', that is invented by the two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli, has been in great acclaim.

The outfit 'liquid armor', that is invented by the two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli, has been in great acclaim.
The project of liquid armor that is called 'Hyena', as resulting from the self-destruction bullets that is thesis work of graduation by the two young Turk engineers Alper Keçeli, from Sabanci University, and Emre Tok, from Koç University, became a reality in a year.
Mr Keçeli and Mr Tok said "We've been testing the liquid armor technology, that we have developed for over a year, in both Technopolis laboratory and at the shooting ranges. It has been 11 months, and our armor has been as strong as the first day. With this technology we will go right a step by step to 'Iron Man'," they said.
They added 'It can also be used as a shield for automobile accidents'.
They've received a proposal of invitation to develop this project from Pentagon.

The invention of two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli surprised the United States 
Has anyone of you turks, more details?

Last edited:
Interessting. They are talking about polymer (kevlar). Same like the turkish engineer develop?

Did you watch the video time index 3:16 to see what the liquid is made of? I don't know what the Turks made since they said its liquid armor. Not much else from that article.

I saw this in discovery channel some 3 years ago i think.

But the article says they tested it in a shooting range against self-destructive bullets, might be a variant of it, not sure.

What does "shooting range" means in meters, with which caliber?

What does "shooting range" means in meters, with which caliber?
Shooting range is a place where you can practice your shooting skills, There are many shooting ranges, right from archery, air pistol, air rifle to Bolt action rifle ranges.The ranges can vary accordingly, but they did not specify where and what weapon and caliber they were using to test that armor.I guess it must be standard issue of police, since they intend to use this to prevent more casualties in Car Accidents,But, pentagon inviting them is something.

The project of liquid armor that is called 'Hyena', as resulting from the self-destruction bullets that is thesis work of graduation by the two young Turk engineers Alper Keçeli, from Sabanci University, and Emre Tok, from Koç University, became a reality in a year.
Mr Keçeli and Mr Tok said "We've been testing the liquid armor technology, that we have developed for over a year, in both Technopolis laboratory and at the shooting ranges. It has been 11 months, and our armor has been as strong as the first day. With this technology we will go right a step by step to 'Iron Man'," they said.
They added 'It can also be used as a shield for automobile accidents'.
They've received a proposal of invitation to develop this project from Pentagon.

Has anyone of you turks, more details?

Just read it for Turkish sources. Seems like same technology showed on Oldman's video.

They also say that their body Armour is the one and only working prototype in the world. Not much details. 
I saw this in discovery channel some 3 years ago i think.

But the article says they tested it in a shooting range against self-destructive bullets, might be a variant of it, not sure.

Nope.. Their first project was self-destructive bullets. This liquid armor project has been evolved from their first project.

Just read it for Turkish sources. Seems like same technology showed on Oldman's video.

They also say that their body Armour is the one and only working prototype in the world. Not much details. 

Nope.. Their first project was self-destructive bullets. This liquid armor project has been evolved from their first project.
Please look at my post above where i said it could be a variant of that liquid armor shown in that video.I also said they used Self-destructive bullets so this can be something different, please do read my posts.

Please look at my post above where i said it could be a variant of that liquid armor shown in that video.I also said they used Self-destructive bullets so this can be something different, please do read my posts.

But the article says they tested it in a shooting range against self-destructive bullets,

When you said it , i understand as it refers to liquid armor.

Article doesn't say that they tested liquid armor against self-destructive bullets.

Anyways, if i offended you, i apologize. Lets move on.

oject of liquid
When you said it , i understand as it refers to liquid armor.

Article doesn't say that they tested liquid armor against self-destructive bullets.

Anyways, if i offended you, i apologize. Lets move on.
Read it well, it says their Dissertation was based on self-destructive bullets used.

You do not offend me sorry but you did not understand the article!it says they tested first against self-destructive bullets and then came to the conclusion, Dissertation/Thesis are written in to get Ph.D degrees. Look for the word Dissertation in that article.

Read it well, it says their Dissertation was based on self-destructive bullets used.

You do not offend me sorry but you did not understand the article!it says they tested first against self-destructive bullets and then came to the conclusion, Dissertation/Thesis are written in to get Ph.D degrees. Look for the word Dissertation in that article.

Ahh, finally i get you...

Here is the Turkish source. ABD'yi şaşırtan iki Türk'ün buluşu en son haber

ve Koç Üniveritesi’nden Emre Tok isimli iki genç mühendisin bitirme tezi olan kendi kendini yok eden mermi çalışmasından doğan 'Sırtlan' adı verilen sıvı zırh projesi bir yılda gerçeğe dönüştü.
[/URL]

Their Graduation thesis was self-destructive bullets.

After their Graduation they entered a competion in 2012 with liquid armour project which evolved from their graduation thesis ( self-destructive bullets). They won the 2nd price.

İstanbul Teknik Üniversitesi

You can ask any Turkish member here for the translation of the sources which i gave.

I'm reading the English article well "as resulting from the self-destruction bullets that is thesis work of graduation"

I bet, they used the same liquid for self-destruction bullets. And the project evolved when when they thought that they can use the same liquid for armor with the same theory. (Liquid acting as solid under pressure, both can be used for a bullet or armor.)

Back
Top Bottom