What's new

Liquid armor -The invention of two Turk engineers Emre Tok and Alper Keçeli surprised the United Sta

I dont know! Why are you suprised?

I don't know how surprised the US is considering the article doesn't actually mention the progress they've made, how far they've gotten in comparison to the US nor does it quote any reputable member of the US military or government commenting on the issue.

I do know that the US has been working on liquid armor for a while now.

Plate carriers are heavy and restricting/inflexible so don't provide you with full coverage. Their intention was only to cover the most vital organs located in the chest and even then they don't provide full coverage (ex. bullet penetrates from the side around the armpit area).

thorax_anterior.jpg

If they produced or were close to producing a level IV equivalent or higher liquid armor which provided 100% coverage then yeah it would definitely be surprising. However, don't believe that is actually going to happen and it seems more like the idea of a liquid armor is being abandoned for armor made up of other material (ex. spider silk, etc...).

I actually have a feeling that the dream of full coverage flexible armor that fits like skin isn't going to happen until they are able to produce/program nanobots that could perform that duty.

No Dost i am not saying what they said is wrong,
Let me get this thing straight what you want me to do
for gods sake.
You ever written a Scientific journal/Thesis/Dissertation?
If not then please stop this Bullshit!

I think you have communication problem. Only one Bullshiting in this thread is no other than you.

Well, if these two have researched it to this degree, and if there is even a shred of truth about Pentagon or US in it, then I think we should think along the lines of the US wanting to hog these scientists to join the existing R&D on this project. Perhaps it's a minor side project, but one that will be undertaken by scientists already interested or on that path. Spending a few million dollars is nothing compared to the outcome if they succeed.

Back
Top Bottom