What's new

'(lips)Kiss of love' protest outside RSS office in Delhi, 70 detained

That is your position.

Actually women were not treated well. I believe there was some line like doli jayegi and arthi ayegi or something. Women separating wasn't viewed well, even now. And what I said was was both the practices abolished and being suppressed. Although it is closer to truth to say being suppressed. No matter how you justify them, they were socially accepted practices which are being phased out. Majority can be wrong. Or you have reason to believe caste system is good?

That is not at all supported by evidence at all. Women separating is not viewed as good even today even in western societies. No one celebrates divorces and separations. People still wish couple long married lives and they still take vows until death do us apart. So what makes you look at Hindu society doing the same thing as backward? Those are practices which kept our society healthy. Those are practices which saved our homes from being broken homes. Those are practices which kept our children from being psychologically marred for life. Those are the kind of sacrifices that adults should perform for their children instead of running at the first sight of trouble.

That family life and outlook of marriage as a sacred bond is what is the building block of Indian society.

If you decide that POV of a society or a religion is right, that would leave no freedom to change, would it?

The change is either as a collective or you get to live outside society by your own rules. You cannot have it both ways.

If nature churns out such "abnormality" at regular interval, is it really "abnormal" ? or is it just a reflection of our prejudice that labels it "abnormal" ?

Gays may not be able to have children by sex like many other IMPOTENT and BARREN couples. But they can be sperm donners or surrogate mothers. In a scientifically advanced society they too can (if required) contribute to the genetic diversity.

But clearly one's contribution to society cannot merely be measured on that scale.

How is their existence any more dangerous to society than the existence of couples who refuse to have children or cannot have children ?

Nature does not churn out homosexuals at abnormally high levels. Indian society was basically untouched in that matter except for the very miniscule Hijra community and even there is was more to do with transgender issue than homosexuality.

The high proportion of gays in West have to do with societal stresses more than natural tendencies.

No sperm donors and surrogate mothers are not the same as a normal family.

They are not dangerous, but they are not what any society wishes for.

The change is either as a collective or you get to live outside society by your own rules. You cannot have it both ways.
But if what society thinks is right, how can there be a collective change? It almost always starts with a small group.

But if what society thinks is right, how can there be a collective change? It almost always starts with a small group.

Always for the worse when it is from minority to majority. Like Abrahamic religions and killings that followed. Like British rule and imperialism.

Nature does not churn out homosexuals at abnormally high levels. Indian society was basically untouched in that matter except for the very miniscule Hijra community and even there is was more to do with transgender issue than homosexuality.

The high proportion of gays in West have to do with societal stresses more than natural tendencies.

No sperm donors and surrogate mothers are not the same as a normal family.

They are not dangerous, but they are not what any society wishes for.

People do not always know what they want when they wish for it. Same is true for any society.

Just because we wish for it or do not wish for it, does not make it right or wrong. Day exist with night, happiness exist with sorry, love exist with hate, pleasure exit with pain etc.. Good exist with Evil. We might not desire all of it, but it is required never the less.

India has a higher proportion of Diabetics, West has a higher proportion of schizophrenics and gays. That is just nature playing the balance.

I have not claimed nature churns out homos at an "abnormally" high rate of Low rate. That is irrelevant. Only that it DOES churn out gays on a regular basis to make it classified as natural.

Same is true for every other genetic "abnormality" including Transvestites. Law needs to account for all such "abnormalities" and stop pretending that these are "abnormal".

Its called evolution.
The point is that it is always the minority, a very small group, a single man sometimes who leads the change. He slowly changes the mindset of entire society. If we get stuck to majority/might is right, there would never be a change cause majority likes permanence.

The point is that it is always the minority, a very small group, a single man sometimes who leads the change. He slowly changes the mindset of entire society. If we get stuck to majority/might is right, there would never be a change cause majority likes permanence.

As long as its not a Revolution, no one has a problem.

As long as its not a Revolution, no one has a problem.
A man who commits a heinous crime is convinced he is doing the right thing. Which is why he does it in the first place.

But does it become all right ? There is no "my" POV here, only the POV of what is right as defined by religion or society or law.

Source: '(lips)Kiss of love' protest outside RSS office in Delhi, 70 detained | Page 37
This is what I was talking about. There is no absolute right. A minority can change the POV of majority, meaning what was right from POV of majority yesterday can become wrong today.

This is what I was talking about. There is no absolute right. A minority can change the POV of majority, meaning what was right from POV of majority yesterday can become wrong today.

That is what you are talking about, but that is NOT what I am talking about.

The change in POV of majority has to be brought about within the laws laid down by society. That is what is evolution. But that does not mean you are right. It only means you have a right to propagate your views (right or wrong)

Anything that goes outside the law is revolution.

People do not always know what they want when they wish for it. Same is true for any society.

Just because we wish for it or do not wish for it, does not make it right or wrong. Day exist with night, happiness exist with sorry, love exist with hate, pleasure exit with pain etc.. Good exist with Evil. We might not desire all of it, but it is required never the less.

India has a higher proportion of Diabetics, West has a higher proportion of schizophrenics and gays. That is just nature playing the balance.

I have not claimed nature churns out homos at an "abnormally" high rate of Low rate. That is irrelevant. Only that it DOES churn out gays on a regular basis to make it classified as natural.

Same is true for every other genetic "abnormality" including Transvestites. Law needs to account for all such "abnormalities" and stop pretending that these are "abnormal".

Oh yeah right, day exists with night, pleasure with pain, so we should put both the victims and the perpetrators in jail. We should treat everyone same. There are no culprits, no pepetrators, only victims. We are all victims of fate. What a view.

Let us say we are all made of matter and so there is no tree, no rocks, no rivers, no nothing. This world does not exist.

That is wrong. There is never a single man. It is a whole society which evolves. No single man comes up with ideas all on his own. He is the sum total of all the society has made him. When the society recognizes a positive change coming from this man who identifies with the society, change takes place overnight. You do not have to coerce people for that. People willing follow Modi, no one has to force us.

The resistance is when the values are not identified with. People do have the common sense to know who speaks for good and who speaks out of high level of retardedness.

Kissing on the cheeks of a chubby child is sexual frustration? Hell, I kiss my nieces on their cheeks every time they come home. The frustration must be running high I guess.
I was not chubby :)
.. and not that small kid as well that time.. I was 9-10 ish.
besides as a boy you dont know the difference between good and bad touch.. girls know it instinctively since they are quite young.

You can't define, we want this change and we don't want this to change. There is no right or wrong. You are behaving in the same way people from 25/50/100 years ago would act regarding any change they would think is unacceptable. That certain things are abhorrent and should be rejected. How are you in any way different than those that call for ban on wearing jeans cause it is not Indian culture? Because you are right and they are wrong? Or you think that the level of 'modernity'/westernization that you find acceptable is the right level, anything below it is primitive and above it is wrong?

There are not things which are abhorrent and should be rejected, rather things I abhor and I reject them.
How is advising people to smooch in their home and not in public retrogressive?What i say is backed up by majority of the society, if you think i am a minority voice then you are dead wrong.
Why should we adopt every crap that western culture throws without even thinking?

Back
Top Bottom