What's new

Like we have Islamists, are there Brahminists too?

Difference between a Islamist and Brahminist ( If there is one )

Islamists takeup voilence and try to force it on others and make them agree to their view point.
Brahminists are non voilent.

Disagreements are welcome.

Sorry to say Mirrage that either he is a fraud or he is not from Delhi..Because Rajiv told was the truth..Brahminist are the most oppressed people in our society now..

Well to all Indians who believe that he is not Indian
Jawed Naqvi, New Delhi is a former Chief Reporter of Gulf News and News Editor of Khaleej Times, and a veteran journalist who has also worked for many years with Reuters in Delhi. He has covered wars from frontlines in Iran, Iraq, Western Sahara, Lebanon, Yemen, Afghanistan, Kashmir, and Jaffna. After the nuclear tests of 1998, he embarked on a mission of cross-border journalism, campaigning against nuclear madness and human rights abuses. He writes as a freelance journalist for the Karachi Dawn and the Dhaka New Age. Occasionally writes for Tehelka and appears as an analyst for TV channels
WaagSarai

some other Indian sources to show that he is Indian.

Biblio: A Review of Books

Letter to Bal Thackeray: Gunning for culture | Hard News

academicians on Monday took out a protest march in New Delhi to condemn Sunday's "brainless" assault on media persons and social activists in Ahmedabad.
They shouted slogans demanding resignation of Union Home Minister Lal Kishenchand Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Later, addressing a rally at Jantar Mantar senior journalists Sumit Chakravarty, Jawed Naqvi, Seema Mustafa and Prabhat Dabral termed the attack of journalists as an assault on democracy and freedom of expression.
The protest march was organised by the Delhi Union of Journalists.
PTI

rediff.com: Journalists, writers protest assault on media
MUMBAI, JANUARY 17 ‘‘No more war, no more war.’’ Amid choir singing set to African Njembe drum beats, Tokyo-based NGO Peace Boat touched Indira Docks on Friday. Peace Boat, a passenger ship, is an international educational organisation that is campaigning for, among other things, a nuclear-free South Asia.

Among the over-700 passengers, around 50 of whom are here to participate in the World Social Forum, is Satoru Konishi, assistant secretary general of the Association of Japanese A- and H-Bomb survivors.

The 74-year-old says the Indo-Pak nuclear rivalry is as dangerous as the Korean peninsula crisis. Konishi said: ‘‘There might seem to be a thaw, but all it takes is one isolated incident to spark off a nuclear war.’’

While its members are predominantly Japanese, the ship also had Filipinos, Koreans, Africans and Delhi-based Indian journalist Jawed Naqvi. The chip undertakes global or regional voyages every year inviting over 100 guest speakers and offers exchange and educational activities to over 2,500 participants.
The Peace Boat idea was born in 1983 out of revising Japanese history books that had erased even the slightest mention of the country’s imperialistic nature. ‘‘While we have achieved that goal, the ongoing process is to link up with Japan’s neighbours, to tell them more about the country and to learn more from them,’’ said Maria de la Fuente from the ship’s international team.

Indianexpress: From Tokyo, with peace on board

And additionally he interviewed Jaswant Singh in India when he wrote book on Jinnah which is available on youtube.

So if you still don't accept this you can ask him by email(email address in first post).I wont be clarifying his identity from now on.I am so surprised that you people start labeling a person Pakistani if you don't like him or what he says.:sick:
And Don't troll and derail the thread by Questioning his Identity.

Last edited:
I like Jawed Naqvi articles in the Dawn. Of course I don't like to hear bad things about my country. But then some times his articles do make sense.

However in this case, this is pure BS. I am a brahmin myself. Unlike others here, I don't think Brahmins are oppressed. However I have never heard of this term brahminist. If anything, a brahmin professing his superiority in public will probably be beaten up by a mob.

I suspect what he wanted to mean were the RSS folks. But I seriously doubt that they have the sort of influence that this guy is talking about in this article. Any influence that they ever had on government agencies was gone with the BJP government. The BJP too had to distance themselves from the RSS to get elected the last time.

Well to all Indians who believe that he is not Indian

WaagSarai

some other Indian sources to show that he is Indian.

Biblio: A Review of Books

Letter to Bal Thackeray: Gunning for culture | Hard News

rediff.com: Journalists, writers protest assault on media

From Tokyo, with peace on board

And additionally he interviewed Jaswant Singh in India when he wrote book on Jinnah which is available on youtube.

So if you still don't accept this you can ask him by email.I wont be clarifying his identity from now on.I am so surprised that you people start labeling a person Pakistani if don't like him or what he says.:sick:
And Don't troll and derail the thread by Questioning his Identity.

Mirage i am not trolling buddy i am just saying that either he is a fraud or not from India because all these time he is in India and he still thinks Brahminists ??Its hard to belive that a journalist still believing this kind of craps ..May be he write this for getting claps from Pakistan, who knows?and as for RSS and other organizations every caste member can join them ...

Last edited:
The term ‘Islamist’ is wrong, more correctly it is ‘Muslim religious extremists’. Similarly the term ‘Brahminists’ is wrong, more correctly it is ‘Hindu religious extremists’. And whether such extremists exist, the answer is ‘YES’, they exists in all the religions, and in all the countries and there is simply no doubt in this. And Peritosh has pointed out very correctly that albeit of what they claim..."don't even know an iota of being a hindu..." and I will add "don't even know an iota of being a Muslim, Christian, Jew...".

I like Jawed Naqvi articles in the Dawn. Of course I don't like to hear bad things about my country. But then some times his articles do make sense.

However in this case, this is pure BS. I am a brahmin myself. Unlike others here, I don't think Brahmins are oppressed. However I have never heard of this term brahminist. If anything, a brahmin professing his superiority in public will probably be beaten up by a mob.

I suspect what he wanted to mean were the RSS folks. But I seriously doubt that they have the sort of influence that this guy is talking about in this article. Any influence that they ever had on government agencies was gone with the BJP government. The BJP too had to distance themselves from the RSS to get elected the last time.

Scrumpy, by oppressed i meant that by land reform act Brahmins lost most of their lands and because reservation quota its hard for them to find job here..I personally know a guy who had high qualification and still work in a temple because he didn't get a job because of his higher caste..Some of them has to sell there house to find food ...Any way I told what i saw and what i felt about them ..You can share more knowledge about them than me around here :cheers:

Islamists doesn't refer to everyone who follows Islam or muslims. First of all its a wrong label but it has predominantly come to refer to that small percentage of the muslim population who follow the ideology of Syed Qutb and religious nationalism. However, this ideology is based on perversion of traditional Islamic principles and many of the traditional ulema opposed this using of Islam for politcal purposes.
however, "Islamists" has become a commonly used term and favourite among some circles.

Similarly, Jawed here is using that same concept here. That there is a section among Hindus who don't follow the traditional scriptures or teachings and use the Hindu religion for polical purposes. And there are many similarities between religious nationlists among various religions. I don't think he means here that all Brahmins are out to conspire and take over power or something. But there are certainly groups like VHP, BD e.t.c. and particularly "Abhinav Bharat" who consistently politicise issues related to religion or to "protect" their relgion. Even when many of their actions are contrary to the hindu scriptures themselves.

The worldview of extreme religious/ethnic nationalist has many similarites often being militaristic and they can be muslim, hindu jewish or christian. And interestingly the solution to all problems is apparently having a revolution where the people would give them power and help them in establishing their version of a "politcal system".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom