What's new

LiJianSharp SwordUCAV makes taxing

im just talking about the ventral fins. they can keep the two big tail fins.
I think "Li Jian" UAV belongs to the Flying Wing structure, a tailless fixed-wing aircraft. So it didn't need the ventral fins. (like B-2, RQ-170, X-47B all r Flying wings)

Flying wing
A flying wing is a tailless fixed-wing aircraft which has no definite fuselage.

A flying wing may have various small protuberances such as pods, nacelles, blisters, booms, vertical stabilizers (tail fins), or undercarriage. Some aircraft have no fuselage but do have a separate horizontal stabilizer surface mounted on one or more booms; these are also commonly referred to as flying wings, although this is not strictly correct.

Flying wings lack the long fuselage which provides a convenient attachment point for an efficient vertical stabilizer or fin.
Any fin must attach directly on to the rear part of the wing, giving a small moment arm from the aerodynamic center, which in turn means that to be effective the fin area must be large. This large fin has weight and drag penalties, and can negate the advantages of the flying wing.

looking at that ucav. they definitely have the tech that can make things fly without any fin. i wonder why they even need those ugly ventral fins on j-20?

chinese-j20-021.jpg

Because the LiJian is not expected nor designed for supersonic flight. The ventral fin enhances lateral stability during supersonic flight. The ventral fin lost its appeal to engineers due to its adverse effect on radar observability AND due to partial or total fin loss due to turbulent airflow. The structural failure or fin loss was further aggravated by external store, pod, missiles or bombs attached to the fuselage.

I like below picture, the man carring something, it is highlight, hehe, I envy him, but for he today seems very normal day, very interesting and funny.
181502yaeaejbja3xknaqa.jpg.thumb.jpg

looking at that ucav. they definitely have the tech that can make things fly without any fin. i wonder why they even need those ugly ventral fins on j-20?

chinese-j20-021.jpg
Maybe just to scare the enermy behind it, don't fu!k it, like in the movie:THE ANIMAL, the main character have tattoos around his assssssshole, hehe, just a joke!!!

And, I hope the nozzle will be natural and beautiful in mass production ones, hope the engine project can keep pace with the UAV project!!!

Because the LiJian is not expected nor designed for supersonic flight. The ventral fin enhances lateral stability during supersonic flight. The ventral fin lost its appeal to engineers due to its adverse effect on radar observability AND due to partial or total fin loss due to turbulent airflow. The structural failure or fin loss was further aggravated by external store, pod, missiles or bombs attached to the fuselage.

Is the Lijian expected to fill a similar role as the X-47?

Is the Lijian expected to fill a similar role as the X-47?

I don't know, reconnaissance for sure. May be SEAD/DEAD, I don't know if it has a weapons bay. In any case it will be subsonic since it is built for endurance not speed.

I don't know, reconnaissance for sure. May be SEAD/DEAD, I don't know if it has a weapons bay. In any case it will be subsonic since it is built for endurance not speed.

If it is, then I'm guessing that an internal weapons bay is inevitable.

Holy **** ... Congratz guys ...

Looks sexy ... Except nozzle ! :D

chinese-j20-021.jpg

Oh !!! Seriously !?

Back
Top Bottom