What's new

LiJianSharp SwordUCAV makes taxing

I could say the exact same thing for the F-35.:lol:

gqZaEXE.jpg

How man UCAVs have you seen with an engine that large?

That isn't a UCAV, not to mention that it's a simple demonstration aircraft (though it can reach Mach 5, so good luck catching up to it).

I know it is a ramjet and as I said it is speedy too. But if a missile wants to hit it, it is not going to chase after it but hit it from other directions. The key is how powerful and effective is the radar detection.

What does AB have to do with supersonic flight? There are several fighters that are equipped with an afterburner (F-86D / MiG 17F) but are incapable of breaking the sound barrier (except in a shallow or steep high speed dive). AB improves subsonic / transonic acceleration and climb rate.

Seeing that the same engine can push the larger JF-17 across the sound barrier then surely it can also do the same for this smaller UAV. The point being that the engines on the F-86D/ Mig 17F weren't powerful enough to push the machines across the barrier(?) where as the RD-93 is. Now since the craft isn't supposed to go supersonic and should be able to have its requirements filled without the afterburner then why have it on there? Is it there just to enable better acceleration? Is it there because without the afterburner the RD-93 is not capable enough for the craft? Or is it there because the Chinese just couldn't find a darn wrench that day?

You just threw these guys for a loop. :lol:

They do not realize that I can accelerate a measly 1m/hr and can still break Mach. It will take a long time, but I will break Mach. And I can even make the speed of light.

Of course its not to say that supersonic iff afterburner but this only further begs the question; why the extra thrust?

Of course its not to say that supersonic iff afterburner but this only further begs the question; why the extra thrust?
So I can reach supersonic in as short a time as possible.

"LiJian" UAV's RD-93 jet engine ...

14291532_971863.jpg

13225445_943699.jpg

Mod, why not open a sticky thread for "LiJian" UAV? Pls ...

NO,NO,NO!

This is a stop-gap measure。

FWS-13B or ""Taishan", the development of which is near completion, is the engine that will end up powering JF-17, J-31(carrier-borne version), JH-7B and LiJian UCAV according to this “eight-legged essay”:

235130z4k6u6c8uj6jsjws.jpg.thumb.jpg

:cheers:

So I can reach supersonic in as short a time as possible.

In case it was unclear, my question was with regards to the UAV. So the UAV is meant to go supersonic?

China "Li Jian" stealth UAV & America X-47B

lijian_UAV_1.jpg

"Li Jian"'s weapons bay (the UAV model carry lazer guide bombs)
lijian_UAV_3.jpg

"Li Jian"'s air inlet details
lijian_UAV_2.jpg

I think many people in Pakistan might feeling too much fishy about the use of RD-93B in J-31 and on Lijian UCAV as its being also used in JF-17s. I am feeling the smell of burning 5th and 6th Generation rubber on Pak Runway :pakistan::raise::pakistan:

In case it was unclear, my question was with regards to the UAV. So the UAV is meant to go supersonic?
Aahh...

You need a certain amount of speed to become airborne. But if you want to do it in as short a distance as possible, then you need as much thrust as your airframe can handle under acceleration. Once airborne, that powerful engine can be helpful in many ways, as in gaining altitude as quickly as possible to avoid ground air defense, for example. Or you can use that reserve power to drop altitude as quickly as possible to provide emergency support, for another example. So supersonic speed is not always the reason of having a powerful engine.

Aahh...

You need a certain amount of speed to become airborne. But if you want to do it in as short a distance as possible, then you need as much thrust as your airframe can handle under acceleration. Once airborne, that powerful engine can be helpful in many ways, as in gaining altitude as quickly as possible to avoid ground air defense, for example. Or you can use that reserve power to drop altitude as quickly as possible to provide emergency support, for another example. So supersonic speed is not always the reason of having a powerful engine.

So its a mixture of reasons 2 and 3 that I stated.

Back
Top Bottom