What's new

Life of Pi gets 11 Oscar Nominations!!!!

sir i have no jealousy, its a film by a taiwanese director, its has as little of an indian as can be, my point is many good movies deserved a good number of nominations but they didnt, but life of pi seems a movie with animal, animated movies dont get such huge number of nominations

Actually all the main characters in the movie except one are Indians...

sir i have no jealousy, its a film by a taiwanese director, its has as little of an indian as can be, my point is many good movies deserved a good number of nominations but they didnt, but life of pi seems a movie with animal, animated movies dont get such huge number of nominations

sir,

do you usually discuss topic related to movies or there is something special abt that movie that made you to comment on that

sir,

do you usually discuss topic related to movies or there is something special abt that movie that made you to comment on that

there is nothing special about this movie which me shocked seeing the title here :cheesy:

these pakistanis are crumbling inside their own country....bomb blast yesterday killed 126 and no one has to bomb them or come for them....they"ve got people inside to destroy their own country....and they are now here trying to say something.....go search reliance entertainment....google it.....look into how many hollywood movies india has started producing.....

there is nothing special about this movie which me shocked seeing the title here :cheesy:
Entire world knew Titanic will sink in the end, still it won so many prizes. Hell when released in 3D it earned hundreds of millions of $.

Its about art. Some movies are like modern art. Only few intellectuals can understand.

Tum jaao POGO dekho. :rofl:

Entire world knew Titanic will sink in the end, still it won so many prizes. Hell when released in 3D it earned hundreds of millions of $.

Its about art. Some movies are like modern art. Only few intellectuals can understand.

Tum jaao POGO dekho. :rofl:

POGO kia cheez he, kia tum waha naachti ho kia :lol: :D

International Cinema --- Reliance hollywood productions
Hollywood
The Help (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures, Participant Media and Imagenation Abu Dhabi)
Real Steel (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
Jesus Henry Christ (co-production with Red Om Films)
Fright Night (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
Cowboys & Aliens (co-production with Universal Studios, DreamWorks Pictures and Relativity Media)
Scream 4 (co-production with Dimension Films)
The Fighter (co-production with Paramount Pictures, Relativity Media and Mandeville Films)
I Am Number Four (as Reliance BIG Entertainment, co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and Bay Films)
War Horse (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and Amblin Entertainment)
Dredd 3D (as Reliance BIG Pictures, co-production with Lionsgate, IM Global, DNA Films, IMAX and Entertainment Film Distributors)
People Like Us (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures)
Lincoln (co-production with DreamWorks Pictures and 20th Century Fox)

Naa bhai. Even I haven't seen the movie but read an article about why Barfi wasn't a good candidate.
Dont know what were the drawbacks but sure some indian masterpieces had been refused the award. When they can give so much value to the nonsense like Slum dog, why not barfi? I mean their selection criteria is beyond my understanding.

Dont know what were the drawbacks but sure some indian masterpieces had been refused the award. When they can give so much value to the nonsense like Slum dog, why not barfi? I mean their selection criteria is beyond my understanding.
Slumdog wasn't a Indian movie. It was British. Barfi comes in Foreign Film Category. And as for selection criteria I have explained it earlier.

Its not just about the movie, there are hell lot of factors involved.

You have to screen, market the movie so that all the people involved in judging process knows and understand your film. Also you have to make sure that all the judges watch your movie. With Lagaan, many thought, English were good guys but since they lost a match, they have to leave the village. They didn't know the emotions of people of India.

Lagaan lost to No Man's Land, watch it, all have knowledge of No Man's Land scenarios in many wars and in many countries especially in West.

Look at Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, it got 4 Oscars. See its all about how good is your lobby.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/member...ets-11-oscar-nominations-2.html#ixzz2Hm2Oe25C

It was a cinema movie, watched it, loved it, though there was nothing as such 3d in it.

Back
Top Bottom