What's new

Life of Pi gets 11 Oscar Nominations!!!!

I am honest to God not trolling but don't you guys feel strange taking pride in a book written by a Canadian and a movie made in America?

The only link it has to India is that the background of the main character is Indian.
Directed by ethnic Chinese Ang Lee.

BTW saw it in 3D. Ang Lee is a talented director.

sir i have no jealousy, its a film by a taiwanese director, its has as little of an indian as can be, my point is many good movies deserved a good number of nominations but they didnt, but life of pi seems a movie with animal, animated movies dont get such huge number of nominations

Did you actually see the movie? Can't remember many movies with more "Indian" in it. In any case, that is irrelevant. The protagonist could have been from anywhere, the real credit goes for the magnificent 3D effects and to Ang Lee for actually creating the film thought to be unfilmable considering its story..

Good, it's great to see women are giving men a tough challenge, u should be proud :D
But what has this to do with OSCARS??? Too much naswar consumption :disagree: :lol:
I knew you will drag me into it. :hitwall:

This was only active thread now from Member's Club. Problem ? :azn:

Good going, I haven't personally seen it but heard many good things. Will get around to it eventually. :tup:

I knew you will drag me into it. :hitwall:

This was only active thread now from Member's Club. Problem ? :azn:

YES, i have a BIG problem.

Agar esey hee soch key sab dusre thread p Post karte rahey toh Naswar ki dukaan band ho jayegi, Hyperion sadak pe a jayega aur hum log beghar ho jayenge, OK???

@Hyperion i demand an immediate action against this TRAITOR. But pls give her a less severe punishment since she is a GIRL :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am honest to God not trolling but don't you guys feel strange taking pride in a book written by a Canadian and a movie made in America?

The only link it has to India is that the background of the main character is Indian.

The main characters are Indian , the story is based in an Indian setting, the actors are mostly Indian, the Bengal tiger is native to India and some Indians have been nominated for the Oscars. There is every reason to feel pride.

Back
Top Bottom