What's new

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

Lol what does not giving the peace prize have to do with being the worlds village idiiot like your country? India or gandhi did not go making threats and a fool of themselves over it

Who in this world is more qualified for the Noble peace prize but Gandhi? Yet the President of a country that is now bombing 3 countries get it.

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize shall be awarded to the person who
“ ...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.[1]

By exposing the real intention and speaking out China made a point.
By participating in this sham in silence India perpetuate a cover to undermine China.

why should I have to prove your claim. its up to you prove your claim kiddo. and Germany was really prosperous under Hitler too...and how do you know Libya ( citizenry) has prospered? your not his doctor but you for sure are his chief economist it seems..

With all due respect sir, Germans did not hate hitler either. And i think equating hitler to qaddafi is hardly fair. Qaddafi has never expressed any interest in projecting power beyond his boundaries nor has there been any geneocide in libya.

What we lack is the ability to see things as an arab. Qaddafi is not someone trained in western etiquette or the english language. I saw that interview they made to prove his mental instability. All i saw was an arab telling the journalist what he thought, exactly the way he thinks about it. If it were someone like obama, he would have said the same thing, albeit in a more 'flowery' language.

As for statistics on economic development in libya, i suggest you look to the authority on those data. Its all there in black and white.

And tell me, how is the 'rebellion in libya any different than the ones in bahrain,syria or yemen? The coalition picked on qaddafi, why? Was he any different from the rest of the dictators in the region? Whatever happened to the right to exist?

What we lack is the ability to see things as an arab. Qaddafi is not someone trained in western etiquette or the english language. I saw that interview they made to prove his mental instability. All i saw was an arab telling the journalist what he thought, exactly the way he thinks about it. If it were someone like obama, he would have said the same thing, albeit in a more 'flowery' language.

Sometimes not being able to speak impeccable English is all the confirmation a western audience needs to think someone a bloody tyrant. Helped of course by numerous preceding reports setting him up as the mass murder putting down a democratic uprising (curiously contrasted with the Bahraini government's efforts at "restoring peace".)

Framing is a very potent technique, especially combined with years of carefully manipulated conformational bias.

With all due respect sir, Germans did not hate hitler either. And i think equating hitler to qaddafi is hardly fair. Qaddafi has never expressed any interest in projecting power beyond his boundaries nor has there been any geneocide in libya.

As for statistics on economic development in libya, i suggest you look to the authority on those data. Its all there in black and white.

dude you make these weird statements and when asked to back up claims , you basically run off . every time you have made a claim and I said back it up.. you go ask me to research it. LOL. we ( Americans) heard the Arabs on this- so there is no lack of communication skills. it is not what some ignorant poster calls western ears to selective hearing while being a part and living off the very same western ears..

when I cited him as nuts it was NOT based off one interview, it based on the slaughter comitted and promise of more slaughter he openly called for...

and why not bahrain,syria or yemen? because they are not using their airforce to slaughter tens of thousands of their own. Banghazi is a city of 700,000 people! and he openly called for rasing it to the gorund , his words " show no mercy". the arb world begged us to come save the people...

dude you make these weird statements and when asked to back up claims , you basically run off . every time you have made a claim and I said back it up.. you go ask me to research it. LOL. we ( Americans) heard the Arabs on this- so there is no lack of communication skills. it is not what some ignorant poster calls western ears to selective hearing while being a part and living off the very same western ears..

when I cited him as nuts it was NOT based off one interview, it based on the slaughter comitted and promise of more slaughter he openly called for...

and why not bahrain,syria or yemen? because they are not using their airforce to slaughter tens of thousands of their own. Banghazi is a city of 700,000 people! and he openly called for rasing it to the gorund , his words " show no mercy". the arb world begged us to come save the people...
And how are the rebels any better? Russia already said they have no evidence of civilian bombing; Turkey claimed that the coalition force is just merely there for special interest and hidden agendas; Human Rights Watch has claimed there are no mercenaries fighting in Libya.

Of course, Ghadafi isn't all sunshine and roses. He has committed crimes against his people. However, why act now and not before? And why support the rebels? News is coming out that they are arresting anyone they suspect to be a foreign mercenary and holding them in the very chambers Ghadafi used to torture opposition.

Yet, your post seems to be claiming US and the West are following the best course of action. I don't think so.

dude you make these weird statements and when asked to back up claims , you basically run off . every time you have made a claim and I said back it up.. you go ask me to research it. LOL. we ( Americans) heard the Arabs on this- so their there no lack of communication skills. it is not what some ignorant poster calls western ears to selctive hearing while being a part and living off the very same western ears..

when I cited him as nuts it as based off one interview, it based on the slaughter comitted and promise of more slaughter he openly called for...

and why not bahrain,syria or yemen? because they are not using their airforce to slaughter tens of thousands of their own. Banghazi is a city of 700,000 people! and he openly called for rasing it to the gorund , his words " show no mercy"

The bahrain leadership has already started opening fire on its citizens. The saudis managed to exterminate the dissidents, syrian crisis is escalating. I am not saying qaddafi is right, i'm saying its not right to make is exclusive. Does the BSF or the CRPF show mercy to the naxals? Do we show mercy to border infiltrators? Do we show mercy to those that threaten to destabilize our nation?

As for communicating with the arabs, its the government apparatus that does the 'communication' not the american public who relies on the media to form opinions. You can ask an average american what they think about arabs and see for yourself.

Sigh.......in hindsight, it seems to me like you are following somesort of agenda here and not really interested in a debate.

The bahrain leadership has already started opening fire on its citizens. The saudis managed to exterminate the dissidents, syrian crisis is escalating. I am not saying qaddafi is right, i'm saying its not right to make is exclusive. Does the BSF or the CRPF show mercy to the naxals? Do we show mercy to border infiltrators? Do we show mercy to those that threaten to destabilize our nation?

As for communicating with the arabs, its the government apparatus that does the 'communication' not the american public who relies on the media to form opinions. You can ask an average American what they think about Arabs and see for yourself.

Sigh.......in hindsight, it seems to me like you are following somesort of agenda here and not really interested in a debate.

you are not debating you are making statements which are absurd and claims you dont want to back. and for some reason you are on this " communication trip w/ Arabs" - which BTW, Qaddafi called himself king of kings of Africa and disavowed himself as an Arab. What do you want me to debate - your stance that you are one of the only ones here who thinks that guy was good for his country aor debate this out of left field statement " its the government apparatus that does the 'communication' not the American public who relies on the media to form opinions" ( no sherlock , lol)

what do you want me to debate- that the other countries have killed handful and why the US/ NATO / ARAB not intervened? Did you see US and Nato go in when Ghadaffi was killing just a few of his citizens?

And how are the rebels any better? Russia already said they have no evidence of civilian bombing; Turkey claimed that the coalition force is just merely there for special interest and hidden agendas; Human Rights Watch has claimed there are no mercenaries fighting in Libya.

Of course, Ghadafi isn't all sunshine and roses. He has committed crimes against his people. However, why act now and not before? And why support the rebels? News is coming out that they are arresting anyone they suspect to be a foreign mercenary and holding them in the very chambers Ghadafi used to torture opposition.

Yet, your post seems to be claiming US and the West are following the best course of action. I don't think so.

Russians have back tracked that claim and what are you talking about turkey and human right watch? forget turkey statement - whatever. but human Rights watch is more happy with the US/ NATO actions to save lives I guarantee you. it's not going to pretty and rebels will take revenge too.. but thats nature of such situations. what was your solution let 700,000 Muslims be slaughtered in Benghazi? then why did Arab league come begging us to save those Muslims?

It is very funny that you provide explanations and sources that Al Qaida possible reign is bullshit
some people fantasm about it
the only danger is that they stole weapons and they can use later in other countries: like making a hell to algeria or foreign citizens working in sahara along countries which have foreign companies there

Well about the leader of the CNT now and then the representative of the new republic :
Mahmoud Jibril - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahmoud Jibril (born 1952[1]) is a Libyan politician who, since 23 March 2011, is the current Prime Minister of the Libyan Republic, one of two entities currently disputing control of Libya. He is also head of the Executive Team of the National Transitional Council. His government has been recognized as the "sole legitimate representative" of Libya by France and other countries.[2]

He is currently leading the meeting and negotiations with French President Nicolas Sarkozy, and in the past years he was the the key man for penetrating in Libya the economic interests of United States and United Kingdom.[3]
[edit] Career

Jibril graduated in in Economics and Political Science from Cairo University in 1975,[1] then gaining a masters in political science in 1980 and doctorate in strategic planning in 1984, both from the University of Pittsburgh.[1] He taught strategic planning at Pittsburgh for several years, and has published 10 books on strategic planning and decision-making.[1] For all his life he has been a strong advocate of neoliberalism.[3]

Jibril led the team who drafted and formed the Unified Arab Training manual. He was also responsible for organizing and administering the first two Training conferences in the Arab world in the years 1987 and 1988. He later took over the management and administration of many of the leaders’ training programs for senior management in Arab countries including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Libya, UAE, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey and Britain.[4]

Since 2007, he has fulfilled a function in the Gheddafi regime as head of Nedb (National Economic Development Board),[5] being the key man for penetrating in Libya the economic interests of United States and United Kingdom, promoting privatization and liberalization of national economy.[3]

On 23 March 2011, the National Transitional Council officially formed a transitional government and he was officially appointed as Interim Prime Minister.[2] Jebril is known to be leading the meeting and negotiations with French President Nicolas Sarkozy, a meeting that resulted in France officially recognizing the National Transitional Council as the sole representative of the Libyan people.

What he is saying for foreign intervention :
Rebels thank France but want 'outside forces' to quit Libya | Herald Sun
LIBYA'S rebels have thanked France for its role in the Western-led military blitz against the Gaddafi regime but said "outside forces" could now leave the country, in a letter published overnight.

"In the middle of the night, your planes destroyed tanks that were set to crush Benghazi. ... The Libyan people see you as liberators. Its recognition will be eternal," wrote rebel leader Mahmoud Jibril in the letter addressed to President Nicolas Sarkozy, published by the French daily Le Figaro.

However, Mr Jibril said: "We do not want outside forces. We won't need them. We will win the first battle thanks to you. We will win the next battle through our own means."

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom