What's new

Libya: Qaddhafi Violates Ceasefire, Foreign Forces Mount Attack

i am very surprised by the eagerness in the franch govt over going to war....

learning from US , are they too want a war to advertise/market their weapons...Rafale and Eurofighter..?

Eurofighter is as much french as the scorpio in your DP

As a person who allowed the US to bomb my country for the "greater good", I can safely say US coming to bomb your country is never a good thing. Bass kardoh bass!

The article doesn't say what the thread title claims. It clearly says the U.S. would join any action at a later stage. Britain and France seem to be taking the lead.

"The BBC also said British and French war planes would be among the first to launch an attack if the go ahead were given, with the U.S. joining the campaign at a later stage."

Its quite evident that the only way to impose a no-fly zone is to bomb the Libyan air defence systems which might or will also lead to collateral damage.

India did the right thing by abstaining from authorizing the use of force for imposition of no-fly zone.

This is not the right time to show your power.
With Arab league leaving everything to the UNSC, which in turn approved the no-fly zone, there is nothing much for India to say or do.

Best way is to wait and watch.

this is not a question of showing power- It is a question of humanity . leaders don't wait and watch and this was not a vote to hold a rercruitment office to have a countries army go in... US and France/ nato were to handle it. This was a damn vote that India acted weak just like the commi's. Btw-The arab league gave its go ahead...

This is such a good way to promote rogue states not to give up their nuclear weapon program or encourage them to go back to the old way. :cheesy:

its kinda like a world war 2 alliance lol

between US , france and UK

Note to Indian friends, your country abstained from voting in favour of a resolution that the entire humankind seems to think is right. Don't want to be seen as aggressors as a rising power, eh?

Why dont you ask the same question to China , Russia and Brazil?

The simple fact is US or Nato finds their vested interest in any of such millitary adventure in oil rich countries. The rest of the world simply can't accept it with intentions and adequate reasons not clearly open.

I guess sparklingway thinks USA+Italy+France+UK etc = 600 million is entire humankind whereas China+India+Russia+Brazil = 2.9 Billion is entire inhumankind lol

For those who mistake this abstinence as opposing: Abstinence is there because of lack of enough information for the attack. Opposition would be there if the governments thought whatever is happening in Libya is right.

This is such a good way to promote rogue states not to give up their nuclear weapon program or encourage them to go back to the old way. :cheesy:

Agreed. The more countries with nukes there are the more peaceful our world will be.

Denmark is such an despicable country. They pretend to be peaceful and "high class" peoples but at the first little twitch of Uncle Sam, they move out their military.

Also, way to go for BRIC and Germany, the sane countries of this world. Even though Germans are highly racist against Chinese, ordinary Germans don't matter, only their government does.

Abstaining isn't much different then voting for when you know by doing so the measure will be approved. It is simply hedging your bet on the matter politically.

I guess he thinks USA+Italy+France+UK etc = 600 million is entire humankind whereas China+India+Russia = 2.5 Billion is entire inhumankind lol

You forgot to count Brazil's Population....Thay also abstained from voting all B_R_I_C nations abstained.

Sounds Intresting....isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom