What's new

Libya gives Egypt $2 billion interest-free loan

But they are one of the poorest arabic countries, I have been there, the economy looks stuck there.

That's due to some reasons including corruption and some other reasons. It's unfair to judge them now as their political life has just been changed upside down. However, if you ask me about people, they are very hard working and professionals, we do have allot of them here, one Egyptian worker works as much as three Jordanians in the same field of specialty. That's why I say if Egypt had an honest and strong leader it would turn into an influential and strong country.

Especially the farmers in the north, they cannot rely on oil like other arabs.

So the west goes into Libya and just a short time later, Libya are already able to help the Egyptians?

The west :yahoo:

Found and extracted by the west :nana:
That doesn't change anything that money comes from oil and is easy money
compared to an economy like Tunisia where they have to work hard to build something
that's the point about: how they can get money so fast

about Egypt i try to buy the Egyptian clothes as much as i can, for their quality and helping them
even if many of them hate shias :D

compared to an economy like Tunisia where they have to work hard to build something

about Egypt i try to buy the Egyptian clothes as much as i can, for their quality and helping them

That's true Bro.

I bought some Egyptian cotton bed sheets

Maybe the best thing for Iran is less Oil dependence and put more effort into other exports. Whilst Oil pays for everything, it will put off any chance of an innovative economy with various sectors. It creates laziness.

Actually our Aramco won the contract for extracting the oil in there back in Nov 12

CAIRO | Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15pm EDT
(Reuters) - Libya will give Egypt a $2 billion five-year, interest-free loan under an agreement signed on Wednesday, the Egyptian state news agency MENA reported.

It quoted a finance ministry official as saying the loan would have a three-year grace period and was intended "to support the Egyptian economy and the state budget and foreign currency reserves".

The official said the money was expected to arrive next week. Earlier in the day, Qatar agreed to give Egypt $3 billion more in aid by buying Egyptian government bonds.

That agreement was announced during a visit to Doha by Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Kandil.

Both deals came as Egypt is in the midst of negotiations with an International Monetary Fund delegation for a $4.8 billion loan which, unlike the Arab aid, would come with policy conditions including reform of subsidies and tax increases.

MENA quoted the official as saying the Libyan deal would strengthen Cairo's hand in the IMF talks.

Libya gives Egypt $2 billion interest-free loan: MENA | Reuters

It should be "Qaraz-e-Hasana" and not just "interest free loan".

Although in Pakistan we also have "Qaraz-e-HaNsana" meaning the borrower starts laughing uncontrollably whenever the lender asks his money back,

Kidding aside, hope Egyptian economy gets back on track again and soon.

I say "soon", otherwise ordinary Egyptian will start missing the dear ole Mubarak's period, thus opening the door for another military "cough".

peace

It should be "Qaraz-e-Hasana" and not just "interest free loan".

Although in Pakistan we also have "Qaraz-e-HaNsana" meaning the borrower starts laughing uncontrollably whenever the lender asks his money back,

peace

Hilarious!!!!!

2 billion is peanuts for Libya, even after the "liberation fee" was withdrawed out of the frozen accounts. :angel:

ENI is biggest oil contractor atm in Libya.

Back
Top Bottom