What's new

Liaoning carrier battle group three-tier anti-air defenses

It will be started to build in the next half year, so will be launched at least in 2014. For sure it is > 10,000 ton as only QC-280 is available while QC-185 is still immature. On the other hand, I'm curious about how it looks, too.
WOW ... indeed a good news. If 2014 new 055 class could out also means to build domestic aircraft carrier soon.
055 class >10,000 DDG, most Chinese military fans think it will be China version of "Arleigh Burke" class. If truth that's very NICE.

Future 055 class DDG CG 1 (development from current 052D class shipbody):
285_132055_054a5b064ddf011.jpg

Future 055 class DDG CG 2 (new designed shipbody)
285_132055_14b5f7d646ad15b.jpg

285_132055_75ddd34f1741463.jpg

285_132055_69482bf728b5caf.jpg

285_132055_cdc654bdf59aef2.jpg

Future 054B class frigate CG (development from 054A class shipbody)
285_132055_9142347ee7f2adc.jpg

285_132055_a9ead9a86ef9b66.jpg

China version "Sovremenny" class destroyer CG
57b1438f7bede1b9d7de92bebbf5a9e5.jpg

I still think the Chinese ships are too narrow compared to the other ships...

Why the Type 052B?

Does it have better anti-sub capability
No, for example, it lacks a towed array sonar (unlike 052C/D and 054A...). But it carries 16x YJ83 per ship, so it boosts any shipping fire power.

So it actually is
4x8 YJ62 + 2x16 YJ83 + 2x8YJ83 = 32+32+16 = 80 AShM to
4x8 YJ62 + 2x16 YJ83 + 4x8YJ83 = 32+32+32 = 96 AShM

Plus whatever sublaunched YJ83 the 1 or 2 Type 093 subs may carry (say, 8-16 > your totals come to 88 - 112 AShM for the flotilla)

That's Standard missile on a Mk13 launcher (i.e. FFG7 class). Here's Shtil on Talwar: loading, unloading, firing

I am aware that is the standard missile this was in reply to guy who asked if the missiles are loaded by the crew, I just posted the video in that context and also because I had this video bookmarked so it gave a general idea of how these systems operate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Official released 1st China Aircraft Carrier Fleet model

1. 1x CV16 "Liao Ning" A.C
2. 2 X 051C DDG
3. 2 X 052C DDG
4. 2 X 052B DDG
5. 2 X 054B Frigate
6. 4 X Yuan Class(039B class) Submarine

Maybe 2x 039B class submarine would replaced by 2x new 052D class DDG.
p.aspx

p.aspx

Liaoning is the forerunner for future larger Chinese carriers

You are incorrect. The Liaoning is valuable to the PLA Navy to gain actual experience. Insights garnered from actual patrols will affect the design and operation of future larger Chinese carriers. The Liaoning will allow the PLA Navy to develop and fine-tune the command and control necessary to operate a carrier battle group.

Also, with the Liaoning parked off Vietnam's coast, it'll scare the pants off of them. It is an useful diplomatic tool.

At a minimum, the Liaoning's presence in the middle of the South China Sea sends a powerful message.
Congrat to your first carrier. But what makes you think that Vietnam will be fearful?

We remember, during US-Vietnam war the US Navy had 23 operational aircraft carriers, and 21 of them were assigned to battle groups against North Vietnam. China Navy is still far from the USN, may take another 20 years.

Operating the carrier group near VN coast is not wise, since we have long range antiship missiles.

Congrat to your first carrier. But what makes you think that Vietnam will be fearful?

We remember, during US-Vietnam war the US Navy had 23 operational aircraft carriers, and 21 of them were assigned to battle groups against North Vietnam. China Navy is still far from the USN, may take another 20 years.

Operating the carrier group near VN coast is not wise, since we have long range antiship missiles.

US not able to beat Vietnam is becos China threaten to enter war for Vietnam if North Vietnam is invaded. Vietnam is able to starve off China land assault at least becos Soviet Union still exist.

Now, Vietnam has no more backer.. You think you can stand alone against the Dragon Fury?

US not able to beat Vietnam is becos China threaten to enter war for Vietnam if North Vietnam is invaded. Vietnam is able to starve off China land assault at least becos Soviet Union still exist.
We all know that only few parts of it is true. Fact is China supported North VN because of self-interest, not because you liked the Vietnamese.
Now, Vietnam has no more backer.. You think you can stand alone against the Dragon Fury?
Sure, in theory China is superrior to Vietnam in all aspects. But underestimate Vietnam is not wise. History proves that.

We all know that only few parts of it is true. Fact is China supported North VN because of self-interest, not because you liked the Vietnamese.

Sure, in theory China is superrior to Vietnam in all aspects. But underestimate Vietnam is not wise. History proves that.

The gap is too wide. Unless miracle happen and 1 trillion cash drop on Vietnam. I think China rocket bombardment is enough to bring her down.

The gap is too wide. Unless miracle happen and 1 trillion cash drop on Vietnam. I think China rocket bombardment is enough to bring her down.
I think adopting of ambush tactic is a good strategy for Vietnam. By the way, if you haven´t noticed our submarines will fire one of the fastest torpedos in the world: VA-111, speed of 560km/h. Once locked, no warship can´t be escaped.

As for the money, Japan can print endless money and give us. They want to weaken the Yen anyway :smokin:

292075_450.jpg

ImageHandler.ashx

About who's stronger(between Vietnam and China) ... pls refer to early 1990s U.S-led coalition forces vs Saddam's Iraq army force.

The gaps in recent Gulf War, also can fit for our two Asia countries. (Saddam also owned some advanced weapon like Scud missiles, Mig and Mirage fighters, SARIN not used, thousands of T-54/T-62/T-72 tanks) <-- all crash in the High-tech war.

The Chinese learnt much from the last two Gulf War, main reasons to invest money and rapidly develop domestic high-tech weapons and command system.

Back
Top Bottom