What's new

Let's talk about AL's success and failure in this tenure?

You are using indo Awami lie, show the proof of your claim.

Are you a JI supporter? If so, please ask yourself if you have accepted the creation of BD? If you have really accepted, why do you so eagerly send ant-BD posts under the pretension of making anti-AL propaganda?

Bangladesh is not all about Awami League. There are other ways to criticize that party, I guess. But, you always make fool of our country, unfortunately. Better come with a Pakistani or an Indian flag so that people here can answer your insult properly.

Quick rental power plants? Okay? At what price? It's like having one foot in a bucket with that one.

Flyovers myovers, I didn't notice any significant improvement in traffic. They can build an orbital elevator if they like, but as long as traffic management remains poor, and mentally unstable drivers allowed to roam free, there will be traffic.

The only two ministries that function properly are the Education Ministry and Ministry of Commerce.

I'm skeptical about this part. If you imply that during Nahid's tenure number of A-pluses broke all record of the past then ask any nearby board examiner. They were particularly ordered to examine the exam papers liberally and give marks simply if the student doesn't leave his paper blank. Nahid is reputed for financial honesty. Maybe he has been honest but his wife and secretary were not. Just ask the people from his constituency.

Yes BAL has few honest people I hear: one is Motia Chowdhury and another is Obaidul Qader. Perhaps Agriculture ministry is the most successful ministry of the BAL government.

I'm skeptical about this part. If you imply that during Nahid's tenure number of A-pluses broke all record of the past then ask any nearby board examiner. They were particularly ordered to examine the exam papers liberally and give marks simply if the student doesn't leave his paper blank. Nahid is reputed for financial honesty. Maybe he has been honest but his wife and secretary were not. Just ask the people from his constituency.

Yes BAL has few honest people I hear: one is Motia Chowdhury and another is Obaidul Qader. Perhaps Agriculture ministry is the most successful ministry of the BAL government.

I missed Motia Chowdhury in my previous post about good ministers of BAL. This lady consecutive 2 times did work hard for our agro sector. She should be kept agro minister next term provided she can't talk a single word about politics. Whenever she talks about politics, she sounds like a mental case :) .

Nurul-Islam-Nahid,Motiya Chowdhury and Obaidul Kader should be kept as technocrat ministers if they are not elected.I would keep Saber Hossain Chowdhury as Sports minister.
@Skallagrim A pluses dont count..But Nahid did do a good job....Primary School attendance has increased by a lot....he delivered books on time.He is a keeper as a minister.

Last edited by a moderator:
AL failures are:

1) Not completing the 4-lane expansion work in the Dhaka-Ctg. road.

2) Not starting the Padma Bridge.

3) SHW should, however, be applauded for bringing up the popularity of BNP and BKZ. Without the CTG issue it would have been much difficult for BNP to appeal to the population. People still remember the corruption they did when in power. SHW changed the election law and BNP/BKZ are again in the front.

I read on newspaper that the govt did significantly increase the electricity capacity from 3000 mw to near 8000 mw but most are quick rentals and some are public plants. I think we should not critize for quick rental private plants because it was nearly impossible to generate power without those plants at that situation. What we can criticize is the high price of those plants but again people just happy to see the improvement in power generation even though they will have to pay heavy price for electricity. Its still a big success to generate that much power.
about traffic management I think the main culprit is minister and union leader Shahjahan. He is the one who suggests to give permission to drivers without any permit. What a bullshit. But the flyovers significantly ease the traffic flow. Once Jatrabari flyover opens that will completely change the southern part of Dhaka. Skyline will be as par with Mumbai. lol

You believe everything you read on the media?

I'll tell you what I think of the media:
I once read one Bengali-language newspaper saying that it'll take only 15 minutes to reach Motijheel from Uttara by car because of the Progoti Sarani flyover. Turned out that it takes at least 1.5 hrs considering the traffic. See the fail? Bangladeshi media, oh what to say. Somebody need to make an example out of those paltry braggarts and whiners.

Do you know how the banks of Bangladesh were having liquidity issues some years back? Along with a kill streak with the Taka's exchange rate? The culprit were these quick power rentals. I won't go into deep details since I have explained a long time ago.

And as I said, the issue of traffic is very simple. You have an inefficient police force, a dangerously overpopulated city along with a host of other factors, there will be traffic.

Additionally, we are behind schedule in the very important Dhaka-Chittagong highway. To add further insult to injury, the project for the deep-sea port has been scheduled for the next ruling government since there isn't any time. Funny given had been five years already.

A deep-sea port is not something that can be completed in one day, it takes time. There is news that Myanmar is already in with its deep-sea project, and both China and India have already expressed interest into it. Many analysts in Bangladesh already say that the Bangladeshi deep sea port matter is gradually loosing relevance because of that. Interestingly, building the deep sea port was in the AL's election manifesto before 2008.

And what to say about Padma Bridge? *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*

And what of Dr. Yunus? They can say what they like against him. But the fact remains that the more they attack him, the more he rises into prominence throughout the international community. Sure, his organization; Grameen Bank may go to the dogs. And the biggest loser? Bangladeshis, and hence Bangladesh.

Interestingly, Joy being a US citizen (correct me if I'm wrong) is the main crusader against Dr. Yunus. I once read a funny article written by him against him. And let's not forget, an article full of lies about my nation's army. Imagine, a US citizen being a leader of Bangladesh?

While the mighty US supports Dr. Yunus, they provide shelter and protection to Joy, and allowing him to use their resources against Dr. Yunus. Sure, it is part of their law and order, but it still matters considering that he is using American resources. What contradiction!

Do you understand what all these imply?

Hasina's greatest mistake is placing total nincompoops in power. That is how the Hefajot matter got controversial, along with other controversies and scams.

She places greater emphasis on loyalty rather than merit. Just like how Saddam Hussien's forces were utterly destroyed by Allied Forces, so would her party's credibility. Secularism does not mean that one can literally screw up as he/she wishes to.

And when you put total nincompoops in power, things get out of control because they do not know how to control. Every discipline has its own science of control, and frankly, the AL has none of that.

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I once read one Bengali-language newspaper saying that it'll take only 15 minutes to reach Motijheel from Uttara by car because of the Progoti Sarani flyover. Turned out that it takes at least 1.5 hrs considering the traffic. See the fail? Bangladeshi media, oh what to say. Somebody need to make an example out of those paltry braggarts and whiners.

Had they had the knowledge of what is called "Bottle neck effect", !?, such rubbish claim would not have came out.

It is too easy to say electricity situation has not improved at all by seeing only the load shedding. But, since the country has increased installed capacity and many of the power plants are running, therefore, we can say power situation has improved a little.

The GoB wants to develop the power sector continuously so that by 2020 the installed capacity rises to 20,000 mW. But, it is not enough becuse the country will be developing and every household and street need electricity 7/24. There will be many more factories, too.

With a population of less than 130 million Japan's installed capacity is 250,000 mW. So, we can assume what should be our own output target. I believe BD will have to keep on increasing the production for the next 100 years to raise the output to 100,000 mW or more.

I must add that during 2001-2006 period unfortunately not a single kW of electricity was added to the national grid. I hope, the new govt will not put a moratorium on building more power plants in the country.

Doesn't matter what JI wants to be.and what they did in the past.If they want to have a political party to run for power they should drop the religious font altogether. There shouldn't be any mention of religion in a political party. Religion is for a person to follow, in his own term to be closer with his creator.its not something you brainwash, or take advantage off.

Metro rail project getting final shape | Dhaka Tribune

Lets see if they can start the construction work.

Metro rail project getting final shape

I think, the news and any subsequent inauguration are eye wash to attract votes for AL. As far as I know both the expressway and rly projects could not be started because some AL MPs did not want land owners in their respective area to vacate their lands because of mean politics.

JICA is waiting with Japanese govt funds ($2.8 billion) in its hand, but the govt could not acquire all the required land along the route, and erect fence to demarcate it. Govt wanted JICA to start work on the already acquired lands, but knowing that the it would be futile to start because the land dispute would continue.

So, why to start a project it will start but cannot finish in time? Japanese get just crazy for even a day's delay of any job.

I will believe in what the newspapers are saying only if JICA gives positive response to the railway project and its top people also participate in the inauguration ceremony. People should understand, this project will be the life line of Dhaka population once it is completed.

Stations of the MRT-6 line. However, the line will go to Sayedabad and beyond.

Uttara North (future extension)

Uttara Centre (future extension)

Uttara South (future extension)

Pallabi

IMT

Mirpur-10

Kazipara

Taltola

Agargaon

Chandrima Udyan

Farmgate

Sonargaon

National Museum

Bangla Academy

National Stadium

Bangladesh Bank

Doesn't matter what JI wants to be.and what they did in the past.If they want to have a political party to run for power they should drop the religious font altogether. There shouldn't be any mention of religion in a political party. Religion is for a person to follow, in his own term to be closer with his creator.its not something you brainwash, or take advantage off.

That is your opinion and they and many in Bangladesh have their own opinion. In democracy it is people to decide if their political vision is acceptable; NOT like awami style terrorism and lie to supress sizeable section of Bangladesh population. Until you or any one arguing what should and what should not, recognize that fact, are in fact standing behind Awami line of terror.

Here is Awami League success in looting another 1200 crore taka from Bangladesh. Awami League ministers and Sheikh Hasina's son and advisors loot 1200 cr taka bill due to Bangladesh Telecom and Regulatory Commission (BTRC). Even after repeated try from BTRC Awami League leaders did not make payment and used their power to get away with wholesale looting from Bangladesh economy.

Report in Bangla

Do you know how the banks of Bangladesh were having liquidity issues some years back? Along with a kill streak with the Taka's exchange rate? The culprit were these quick power rentals. I won't go into deep details since I have explained a long time ago.

And as I said, the issue of traffic is very simple. You have an inefficient police force, a dangerously overpopulated city along with a host of other factors, there will be traffic.

Additionally, we are behind schedule in the very important Dhaka-Chittagong highway. To add further insult to injury, the project for the deep-sea port has been scheduled for the next ruling government since there isn't any time. Funny given had been five years already.

A deep-sea port is not something that can be completed in one day, it takes time. There is news that Myanmar is already in with its deep-sea project, and both China and India have already expressed interest into it. Many analysts in Bangladesh already say that the Bangladeshi deep sea port matter is gradually loosing relevance because of that. Interestingly, building the deep sea port was in the AL's election manifesto before 2008.

And what to say about Padma Bridge? *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*

And what of Dr. Yunus? They can say what they like against him. But the fact remains that the more they attack him, the more he rises into prominence throughout the international community. Sure, his organization; Grameen Bank may go to the dogs. And the biggest loser? Bangladeshis, and hence Bangladesh.

Interestingly, Joy being a US citizen (correct me if I'm wrong) is the main crusader against Dr. Yunus. I once read a funny article written by him against him. And let's not forget, an article full of lies about my nation's army. Imagine, a US citizen being a leader of Bangladesh?

While the mighty US supports Dr. Yunus, they provide shelter and protection to Joy, and allowing him to use their resources against Dr. Yunus. Sure, it is part of their law and order, but it still matters considering that he is using American resources. What contradiction!

Do you understand what all these imply?

Hasina's greatest mistake is placing total nincompoops in power. That is how the Hefajot matter got controversial, along with other controversies and scams.

She places greater emphasis on loyalty rather than merit. Just like how Saddam Hussien's forces were utterly destroyed by Allied Forces, so would her party's credibility. Secularism does not mean that one can literally screw up as he/she wishes to.

And when you put total nincompoops in power, things get out of control because they do not know how to control. Every discipline has its own science of control, and frankly, the AL has none of that.

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

This is amazing, I wonder how it's possible. Once our lecturer was saying in Discrete Math class that everything follows a law-knowingly or unknowingly, even a bunch of birds flying abrupt high in the sky follows a fibonacci series. Then by which law these AL scumbags actually run?

Back
Top Bottom