What's new

Let’s stop pretending there’s no racism in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that we are racist, I have no doubts about it. But same applies to Pakistanis, there are many of them who posted racist comments serveral times and still premium members here. The fact the racist comments were allowed so many times and yet he is not banned says that we tolerate racist in our society.

Come on let's get real for a second. Tell me honestly you've never had a racist thought or said a racist comment. We are all a little racist.

I know that we are racist, I have no doubts about it. But same applies to Pakistanis, there are many of them who posted racist comments serveral times and still premium members here. The fact the racist comments were allowed so many times and yet he is not banned says that we tolerate racist in our society.

Don't feel too bad, although I don't get any racist comments thrown at me, but I do get a lot of name calling and trolling etc. This is what you get when you come to a forum where you are the minority. Their comments gets the slide while yours would get punished.

But it doesn't matter really, for me, I kinda like this attention, I like the idea when you stand your own ground and just throw facts at them. When they cannot counter, they will start to call you names. :) :usflag:

buy why? dont you own a mirror? you are not white.

anyways i could not but agree with the views expressed by Yengkhom Jilangamba in this article. It is true that racism exists against the people of the northeast. Till some years ago, dark-skinned south Indians were objects of jeering looks. The practice has slightly become subtler these days, but is still prevelant across most of india.

Racism spouts from ignorance. Post liberalisation, there has been a massive mish-mash of populations across the country- South Indians relocating to Noida and Gurgaon, North Indians to Bangalore and Hyderabad. Obviously there are problems created. Contrary to what you believe racism against South Indians is practically non-existent now, from my experience of living in 5 different cities. People from the North-East will get integrated too, eventually. Importantly, they now have a solid economic reason to be part of mainstream India.

Are we racist? Yess we are.

We discriminate against North Easterners and call them 'Nepali', we discriminate against South Indians. Even North Indian Marathis discriminate against U.P/Biharis but are most of people like this?

Hell no! Us Indians as a group are one of the most tolerant people but I'm not denying we're not racist but then again which country isn't?

By the way I love playing with these Pakistanis on here in identity crisis. looool Their 'Arabic (Semite), Turkic (Mongols) and Iranian (Persian) roots!' looool When most of (80%-90%) Pakistanis are Indo-Aryans much like most of Indians. Haha Funny :D

Don't know about other cases, but in the case of Dana Sagma its hard to believe that she committed suicide bcs she was discriminated against. She was pulled up by the inviligator on the suspiciion of cheating and due to that mental stress she decided to take her own life.Some people are just trying to create a mountain out of mole.

North-east? They generally look different from the average 'Hindostani', resembling an East Asian..they need a country of their own to escape racism :coffee:

Also, did I mention they look better than the average Hindostani? Because they do.

I've met alot of ugly, black skinned pakistani punjabis and sindhis, even blacker then bangladeshis and sri lankans.

The lighter skinned people living in the FATA tribal belt definitely deserve their own country, well, it is only a matter of time until pakistan is smashed into 3 or 4 pieces. Inshallah.

DRaisinHerald/BRICS - both of you need to get your heads checked and eat your medications on time. If racial discrimination was used as a justification for new countries, we would have a fragmented world.

On topic - Indians are more insensitive to the concept of race than being racist. It is a subtle difference - simply spouting a racial comment does not constitute racism. We grow up in a society where it is acceptable to make fun of people's face, nose, eyes or skin color. Kids are mean anyway and we grow up to be insensitive individuals. Once we become adults and get exposed to more civilized behavior, we tend to start moving away from that and become more sensitive. After being made aware, if you still chose to still taunt and make fun of others, and discriminate after that, you need to be singled out as a racist and prosecuted per law. Of course, there is no reason we shouldn't start early and include topics like manners and racial sensitivity in our moral science curriculum in schools.

buy why? dont you own a mirror? you are not white.

anyways i could not but agree with the views expressed by Yengkhom Jilangamba in this article. It is true that racism exists against the people of the northeast. Till some years ago, dark-skinned south Indians were objects of jeering looks. The practice has slightly become subtler these days, but is still prevelant across most of india.

Racism is not the patent of the white man. Just saying that shows a racial bias on your part. Also - let's not pretend racial insensitivity does not exist across the border. Anyway, this topic is on India, so I will reserve specific examples to another thread.

i think its important to note out that the indian government has infeority complex against its own citizens.

BBC News - India Facebook users urged to 'appear whiter'

Furthermore its important to note indians have this complex where they protray white skin and white features as "superior." thus the racist attitudes that indians have towards each other is a manifestation of the hatred they have of their ownselves by how they look.

Fair n Lovely Ad India female - YouTube

Why are Indians obsessed with fairness? - YouTube

Racism is not the patent of the white man. Just saying that shows a racial bias on your part. Also - let's not pretend racial insensitivity does not exist across the border. Anyway, this topic is on India, so I will reserve specific examples to another thread.

no no your misconstruing my post. i'm sayign your not white becuse most to all of you indians wish you are white and try to act like you are white thats why you are racist towards each other.

^^^^^^

you do watch lot of Indian TV !

no no your misconstruing my post. i'm sayign your not white becuse most to all of you indians wish you are white and try to act like you are white thats why you are racist towards each other.

Again, that is a generalization. And while the fascination with fair skin is despicable, I know for sure that situation is not just restricted to India or South Asia. It is true in India, Pakistan, Iran, S. Lanka, Bangladesh and even China (the last one I found that incredibly hard to believe). Of course it may not be the same percentage of people and degree of racial insensitivity. But again, understand that it is a society and upbringing issue and that is not necessarily being racist - it is racially insensitive. And that is true of this region at least.

And that was valid - because the ad wanted to get the attention by making fun of the brown man. If they wanted to show a genuine Indian/Asian/Brown man, there are enough comic actors like Karl Penn or even Kunal Nayyar who could have done this ad.

Besides, Ashton Kutcher can barely act, let alone do a parody! :)

This thread is not about racism in India. Its about SOCOM celebrating racist attacks on Indians :angry:

Racism exists everywhere. India is no different to Pakistan or the UK etc.
I don't think its good to generalize like this about any nation. With respect useless thread - lets move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom