What's new

Let India help Afghanistan

Let America move out from Afghanistan (within next 2 years), u will see wt will happen with Indians after that. Indians will run or killed.

Brother, My friend I appreciate your audacity for uttering such a explicit (hard) statement . Better to change the mentality before its too late .Previously you try to act like a master over Bangladesi .

we did and payed the price but we tried to master a thing out of our reach this time the client state is within our reach

Let America move out from Afghanistan (within next 2 years), u will see wt will happen with Indians after that. Indians will run or killed.

Kind of a Deja-Vu. I remeber making the same comment in another thread today..

IF WISHES WERE HORSES..

And this applies to both the sentences in your note.. About US getting out and Indians running or getting killed..

Iraq was a different objective alltogether for US so it came in, got rid of Saddam and got out..

Afghanistan and NW Frontier (Pakistan) is a different ballgame altogether. Next few years promise to hold quite a few surprises for all of us.

Who could have imagined the state of affairs as it exists in Pakistan today in last December. Mumbai seemed like the biggest attack since 9/11, but today it looks like a new mumbai every week in Pakistan. Its like the old proverb.. you shall reap what you sow...

Its the great game being played out. The only bad thing is that innocents on both sides are getting slaughtered.

Last edited:
we did and payed the price but we tried to master a thing out of our reach this time the client state is within our reach

3rd time today.. If wishes were Horses...

Geographical reach has very little meaning today. One thing that history has taught this region is that Afghanistan has never been made a client state for a sustained period of time.. Whether it was the british, russians, now Americans and in future Pakistan(if it is foolish enough to try).

So lets get out of this vicious circle and focus our energies on betterment of what we have as against what we dont..

And I know that this time around, my favourite comment about wishes and horses applies to me. :azn:

Buy hey one can always dream of a better future.. Cant we??

Honestly do you think afghans like indians better then PAKISTANIS who helped them fight ussr while indians and northern alliance was supporting russian invasion and about Ahmed Shah Masood he is not AFGHAN=pushton hero he is TAJIK?
Andtajik and hazaras support india which are in minorities and are disliked by Pushtoon afghanis and are now in government and most security forces.

Honestly do you think afghans like indians better then PAKISTANIS who helped them fight ussr while indians and northern alliance was supporting russian invasion and about Ahmed Shah Masood he is not AFGHAN=pushton hero he is TAJIK?
Andtajik and hazaras support india which are in minorities and are disliked by Pushtoon afghanis and are now in government and most security forces.

No I dont believe that Afghans like indians better. I also believe its not a question of afghans liking Indians or pakistanis of for all that matters, Martians.

What I was trying to say was that Afghans people and the strategic location of Afghanistan are not very condusive to becoming a client state for a long period of time and any nation, be it British, USSR or Pakistan in the past, USA at present or Pakistan (if it tries in future) is doomed to fail in the adventure.

India anyway does not have a border with Afghanistan. It does not have the resources of a USA or an earstwhile USSR to even attempt a remote adventure like this. If at all, India will continue to build diplomatic, economic and cultural relations with afghanistan to deny pakistan the strategic deapth that it wants to gain by exherting control over afghanistan.

Karan you dont understand it do you?Pakistan is not going to attack afghanistan like usa.in the past have we attack afghanistan?no sir about your iplomatic build up sure,but do you think your influence on afghanistan or MAJORITY PUSHTOONS will be as par with our(PAKISTANS) influence on them while there are around 1 crore of afghanis living in PAKISTAN the world that hosts the most refugees?
Do you think you will get a way into CENTRAL ASIAN states for trade or exploration?
No buddy it PAKISTAN the door to CENTRAL ASIA,EAST ASIA AND THE MIDDLE EAST, the key player in this region.
Hope you got my point.

Karan you dont understand it do you?Pakistan is not going to attack afghanistan like usa.in the past have we attack afghanistan?no sir about your iplomatic build up sure,but do you think your influence on afghanistan or MAJORITY PUSHTOONS will be as par with our(PAKISTANS) influence on them while there are around 1 crore of afghanis living in PAKISTAN the world that hosts the most refugees?
Do you think you will get a way into CENTRAL ASIAN states for trade or exploration?
No buddy it PAKISTAN the door to CENTRAL ASIA,EAST ASIA AND THE MIDDLE EAST, the key player in this region.
Hope you got my point.

I hear you.. Also I dont think India can ever have a greater infulence on Afghanistan than Pakistan and I dont think anyone in India is trying that. Nor can Afghanistan be our gateway to Central asia since we do not have a land route to Afghanistan anyway.

The key here is to have enough infuluence with Afghanistan to prevent any anti India activities happening from there. Which in my view is a very possible objective and we seem to be heading in the right direction.

Whether this view holds any merit or not is a question for future and we will know in a few years..

On a different note, we seem to be having a better conversation in this thread than the thread on the 50billion dollar spend
:azn:

cheers

Honestly the Afghans might not love indians that much, but they dont have bad feelings against them as much as they have negative idea about Pakistan. Do not forget that Paksitan was supporter of NA before the indias had ties with them. If you call yourself muslim you shouldnt divide a muslim country based on ethnicities. secondly there is no majority ethnic group in Afghanistan, although the first and second largest ethnic groups in afghanistan are Pashtoons and then Tajiks, regarding Masoud, go and see how his forces badly defeated the russians time and time. third, the pashtoons are even more critical of Pakistan than the other ethnic groups, go and see in their websites and you'll see it yourself. and the last thing, you helped afghans against the russians to protect yourself not having mercy on us, so dont think you have done any Ehsan on afghanistan, as a matter of fact the malitious foregin policy of pakistan in afghanistan is one of the major reasons of afghanistan's miseries, if we could turn the clock back, people wouldnt have trusted pakistan and fought the russians if they knew what would happen to them.

Hope you got my point.

Pakistan dont need to attack afghanistan, why should they do that? as long as they have got the Taliban type people they can achieve what they want. Secondly, you people are very fond of Pashtoons, if you think that you can use Pashtoons against their own people and their country then you are wrong, pasthoons are even more in hostility against paksitan than other ethnic groups.

I don't understand the point of this article.

Indian military intervention in Afghanistan after US leaves!!! What?

Wasn't US there to "hunt" Laden? Is he one of our targets? or how are we responsible in any way for rebuilding a country that US broke?
Can someone please explain this to me.

edit...

I totally understand the concept of Islamic extremism maybe a possible threat for us, but till now no Islamic entity (other than some fringe Pakistan based ones) can blame India of 'occupying' or 'harassing' a muslim country, but if we land in Afghanistan that would change the situation altogether. The whole world knows that US occupation of Afghanistan is illegal and Afghan civilians have nothing to do with Al-Quaeda, majority of Americans support withdrawal from Afg...aren't we going to be the next 'brutal oppressors' in this very very unpopular war? What about that?
'Love bollywood movies' can't be presented as an evidence of Indian popularity, I love American softwares and Hollywood movies too but in no way I'd support American occupation of my country for whatever reason. Will you?

You see the Americans have grown bored of their war on terror.
Many being as ignorant don't understand that If you pull out they would have won, and will take it as a sign of success for their terrorist tactics.

Sooner of latter some one has to pick up the slack.The Afghan government need training for armed forces and development help.
India can assist on both those regards.

A military intervention was only possible because America has gloabl reach.No one but America has the capability for long term intervention.

the list of counties Jihadi terrorists hate

1.Americans/Europeans
2.Israeli
3.India

We have to fight them even if the Americans feel they don't.

Our embassy in Kabul has been Bombed twice, why because we the largest regional doner, we commit troops for training.
We are building Afghanistan's infrastructure. We are building the Afghan Parliamentary building.

the Taliban does not want us there. That's exactly why we cant leave.

@indianrabbit- Why India should have no military agenda in Afghanistan. Historically both Afghanistan and Pakistan were part of India e.g in Ashoka times. Come on and claim both lands militarily same as Kashmir. Rule people against their will, oppress them, confiscate their rights, kill them if they oppose oppression and beleive me you are very good at that. See how Hindu Kush plays for you. After all it is Hindu Kush (Meaning Hindu Killer).

Too much of zaid hamid dose I believe.

If you have reached that far so let me remind you that those Hindus who died in Hindukush are not our forefathers (people from interior India) but yours- those hindus from Punjab-Sindh area and later converted to Islam.
seconded !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom