What's new

Let India help Afghanistan

Thank you for an honest assessment instead of the ridiculous 'we want to help Afghans' propaganda.

Building highways, power stations, schools,Hospitals (also sending doctors) is a propaganda???

India also sent buses for public transports and 4 A-300's for Ariana Afghan Airlines.

You conveniently left out India as one of the foreign supporters of the militant warlods of the Northern Alliance.

In any case, regardless of what India does, Pakistan needs to focus on improving relations with Afghanistan and, especially, Iran.

If Iran and Pakistan have strong ties, then Afghanistan will quickly get a reality check and dump India.

You conveniently left out India as one of the foreign supporters of the militant warlods of the Northern Alliance.

100 times better than supporting and recognizing Taliban. Ahmed Shah Messoud is BTW the National Hero of Afghanistan. No one except Hazara's have problem with that.

especially, Iran.

Keep supporting and recognizing Taliban and Iran surely will throw a red carpet for Pakistan.

GB

It should be noted that the poll was conducted by Bulgarians (BBSS - Gallup International) whose objectivity, being Russian allies, is questionable. Did they poll mostly pro-Northern Alliance Tajiks and Uzbeks?

Can you provide us with a poll showing a favourable view of Afghans towards Pakistan? when a survey is conducted it is taken from all corner of a society regardless of who is who. and how can you say that the pashtoons are in favour of Pakistan? the pashtoons are even more opposing paksitan because they think of NWFP as their own territory while the non pashtoons dont have this idea.

and by the way, why are you guys opposing indian efforts in afghanistan? if you think the indians have sometihng sinister in their minds then you should do the same thing in afghanistan, come and build schools, universities, roads, etc in afghanistan. like for like and no complain.

Kosh means moutains in farsi. Killer is qatil or kosanday. The only historical reference that has anything close to that is by Ibn Battuta who mentions about the cold snow covered mountains were people died of the weather. He was a Moroccan so obviously not well versed with farsi
You can check this out in the english-farsi dictionary here
AriaDic :: Best Online English - Farsi / Persian Dictionary - French Arabic Swedish German Spanish

Also, Hindus or Hindis referred to the people living in the geographical area of the Indus valley. This was irrespective of religion. Same goes for Sindhu or Sindhis. It was post British rule were Hindu was used to specifically encompass a religious group rather than a people living in a geographical area.

-------------------------

Back to the topic, the main problem that is there in Afghanistan is because of militarily backing ethnic and extremist groups by Pakistan/Saudi Arabia and to a lesser extent US on one hand, and Iran, Central Asian states and Russia on the other. The need of the hour is everyone to stop interfering into Afghanistan and let the people choose who they want to rule over them.

I dont think Hindu Kush has got this name because the Hindus were killed there in fighting. It might be due to extremely cold weather there. By the way, Koh(not kosh) means mountain and Kosh means to kill in Farsi. This area had become a grave yard for TTP fighters and the soviet soldiers, they both suffered massive casualties in the fightings in Hindo Kush ranges.

The level of India support was much less compared to Iranian support and the logistic support provided by CAR states.

My point was that India was also a supporter of NA.

I suggest you read Ahmed Rashid's book on Taliban which interestingly was written BEFORE 9/11 and his insights then and the future repercussions of these policies particularly on Pakistan were very accurate, when we look at the situation now.

I am not defending the Taliban or Pakistan's polocy supporting them, except inasmuchas it was directed at countering a pro-India Northern Alliance.

Pakistani security establishment need to realise that they should interfere in the internal politics of Afghanistan which is a sovereign country.

As you yourself pointed out, all neighboring countries have been meddling in Afghanistan's affairs. India's hands are no more clean than Pakistan's. It just so happens that the pro-Pakistan Taliban ended up pissing off Uncle, who is now using the pro-India Northern Alliance to fight them back.

That is why polls after polls by various organizations even by Al jazeera have shown that Afghans tend to be anti-Pakistan more than anti-India although the percentage numbers may be different.

India is better at the propaganda game than Pakistan. I have never disputed that. even though Pakistan gave refuge to millions of Afghan refugees.

100 times better than supporting and recognizing Taliban. Ahmed Shah Messoud is BTW the National Hero of Afghanistan. No one except Hazara's have problem with that.

ASM may be a hero in certain quarters but it is false to say that the Northern Alliance were any more humane than the Taliban. In fact the rise of the Taliban, and Mullah Omar in particular, is precisely because of the atrocities committed by NA and other warlords.

Keep supporting and recognizing Taliban and Iran surely will throw a red carpet for Pakistan.

I agree that Pakistan should encourage a moderate ideology, whether it is through Taliban or otherwise. Pakistan needs to forge solid ties with Iran (and Turkey).

Can you provide us with a poll showing a favourable view of Afghans towards Pakistan? when a survey is conducted it is taken from all corner of a society regardless of who is who.

:rofl: Polls can be condicted to reach any desired result. It's all in the sampling, wording and analysis.

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics."

and by the way, why are you guys opposing indian efforts in afghanistan?

We are opposed to Indian activities in their "consulates" along the Pak-Afghan border. Nobody has any problem with India building schools, hospitals, etc.

if you think the indians have sometihng sinister in their minds then you should do the same thing in afghanistan, come and build schools, universities, roads, etc in afghanistan. like for like and no complain.

Pakistan has spent $500 million helping in the Afghan reconstruction effort. India, with a 7x bigger GDP, has contributed $1.2 billion. Comparatively speaking, Pakistan has been far more generous than India but, like I said, our propaganda machine is not as good as India's.

India help Afghanistan this joke is biggest only second to"India preparing to fight Pakistan and China Simultaneously".

India help Afghanistan this joke is biggest only second to"India preparing to fight Pakistan and China Simultaneously".

:woot: really?
Who are you to talk about my country's foreign affairs? We don't need Pakistani opinions on Afghanistan.

Guys, India in there is a great step in helping Afghanistan recover from this Taliban crap. Hope we will be good allies.

thanks to the Afgans who support us.....
-India has never borne ill will toward Afghanistan and treated its citizens badly.

We are the masters of Afghanistan.Afghanistan is our client state.We virtually own Afghanistan.If it wasn't for those Afghans would had starved a long time ago.Because the only thing they produce is poppy.

(I know some Pakistani members might not agree but it is the truth)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That quote at the bottom of my post was from an Afgan Site. And there are disgusting remarks about Pakistan from Afgans. But you think Pakistan is some saint to Afgan?

:cheesy:
I appreciate those Pakistanis who disagree with this Pakistani Nationalist.

Indian casualty sensitivity is almost certainly less than that in, say, Britain.

Am i missing something here is he Trying to say no matter how many Indian Army personals die no one cares .

How can you hope to control this backyard of yours when you can't learn to control your insides? Deal with Taliban and Al-Qaeda first. Then post me k tum Afgan k **** ho.

We cant completely control our inside and backyard because of the AID that our Politicians wants as they have been sold out.

We cant completely control our inside and backyard because of the AID that our Politicians wants as they have been sold out.

Yes, and that is a FAULT in your country. Solve it. Otherwise don't mock us for trying to help Afghanistan. Because when you have no interest in it, why care weather India will help or not?

Then it becomes none of Pakistan's business.

How can you hope to control this backyard of yours when you can't learn to control your insides? Deal with Taliban and Al-Qaeda first. Then post me k tum Afgan k **** ho.

You should control your tongue and your TINY FINGERS.
About control our side we are doing it pretty well and as the WORLD knows what we did to taliban in swat is being repeated in waziristan so forget our problem.
Think what will happen to RAW and its minions after USA pulls out as planned.
About AL QAEDA we dont have it in PAKISTAN.According to USA the headquarters are in SOMALIA AND YEMEN.

You do realize that if it wasnt for this billions of dollars of aid (specially from the USA), Pakistan's reserves today would have been in negative territory..

You should control your tongue and your TINY FINGERS.
About control our side we are doing it pretty well and as the WORLD knows what we did to taliban in swat is being repeated in waziristan so forget our problem.
Think what will happen to RAW and its minions after USA pulls out as planned. :eek: :eek: :lol:
About AL QAEDA we dont have it in PAKISTAN.According to USA the headquarters are in SOMALIA AND YEMEN.

:woot: lets not get too emotional here.
I'm glad Pakistan is learning to control it's borders and itself, but what business does that give to interfere with INDIA and AFGHANISTAN?
So please forget OUR problem with Afghanistan.

We are being positive that helping Afghanistan will let it improve internally....... that doesn't give you an opportunity to troll and tell us we're doing this that.

:woot: lets not get too emotional here.
I'm glad Pakistan is learning to control it's borders and itself, but what business does that give to interfere with INDIA and AFGHANISTAN?
So please forget OUR problem with Afghanistan.

We are being positive that helping Afghanistan will let it improve internally....... that doesn't give you an opportunity to troll and tell us we're doing this that.

Its about MANNERS that they dont teach in your town
And about LEARNING try learning how to control 2 DOZEN insurgencies in india?
And nobody is interfering in india,but she sure wants some intereference by supporting TERRORISM
We were talking about AFGHANISTAN about TROLLING well your dirty language says it all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom