What's new

Lest we forget

The statement of our president was to cool down the situation. Because all of the extremist element of India (or in simple the real india) were trying to provoke a war.

Kids Though they can have Surgical Strikes but alas their Jets pissed fuel in the air...

& ur navy was watching Mirch Masla of Mumbai couldnt spot a rubber boat

Do All Pakistani policemen/army do the same all day n night ??
Last Month Hundreds have been Killed in Pakistan in bombings occurring day n night !!

Pointing fingers is good but when we all have the same weaknesses why do so ?
Dude, stick to topic.

On 10 April 1959, on the occasion of the Islamic Eid ul-Fitr festival holiday in Pakistan, an Indian Air Force (IAF) English Electric Canberra B(I)58 intruded into Pakistani airspace on a photo reconnaissance mission. Two PAF F-86F Sabres from No. 15 Squadron on Air Defence Alert (ADA) were scrambled from Peshawar Air Base to intercept the IAF intruder. The Sabre pilots were Flt. Lt. M. N. Butt (leader) and Flt. Lt. M. Yunus (wingman) whereas Pilot Officer Rab Nawaz was the on-duty Air Defence Controller for this mission. Nawaz successfully vectored both Sabres to the location of the high-flying Canberra. Butt attempted to bring down the Canberra by firing his Sabre's machine guns but the Canberra was flying at an altitude of more than 50,000 feet - beyond the operational ceiling of the F-86F. When Yunus took over from his leader, the Canberra suddenly lost height while executing a turn over Rawalpindi. Yunus grabbed this opportunity and fired a burst from his 12.7 mm guns that struck the Canberra at an altitude of 47,500 feet and brought it down over Rawat, near Rawalpindi. Thus, PAF drew 'first blood' against the IAF. '55-5005' was the serial number of the F-86F Sabre that was flown by Flt. Lt. Yunus that day. Both the occupants of the IAF Canberra, namely Sqn. Ldr. J.C. Sen Gupta (pilot) and Flt. Lt. S.N. Rampal (navigator) from the IAF's No. 106 Sqn., ejected and were taken prisoner by Pakistani authorities and were subsequently released after remaining in detention for some time.
now this incident really didnot take place at any time of skirmish, did it .......
it was only luck that the pilots ejected safely......
talk about duoble standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What double standards, Canberra was flying over Rawalpindi

The statement of our president was to cool down the situation. Because all of the extremist element of India (or in simple the real india) were trying to provoke a war.

Amazing!!
No i know .. Indian Media is really powerful.
They can even force statement from head of nations !! wow.

Zardari must be watching a lot of Indian Channels.

Tell me Honestly. Had you or Any of the members : Can u say and give a statement like that If u were the President, Just bcoz Indian Media was hyping a story ?

Amazing!!
No i know .. Indian Media is really powerful.
They can even force statement from head of nations !! wow.

Zardari must be watching a lot of Indian Channels.

Tell me Honestly. Had you or Any of the members : Can u say and give a statement like that If u were the President, Just bcoz Indian Media was hyping a story ?
The statement was given because People of Pakistan wanted peace with India. Your media is still feeding your nation with hateful material. We dont care.

The statement was given because People of Pakistan wanted peace with India. Your media is still feeding your nation with hateful material. We dont care.

Well, Indian Media doesn't Command Indian Forces and Rules the country.
India doesnt make strategic decisions on the basis of media Reports. We dont go to war by listening to Media.

Btw, The reporting was done by a few Channels.
In a 105 Billion country very few would have watched this as majority dont have cable connection.

Your Logic is NOT Applicable.
Media is NOT the real issue here. 26/11 was More than enough to build tensions.

Answer my Qs. a bit honestly.

What double standards, Canberra was flying over Rawalpindi

And the Atlantique was flying over the Indian area of the Rann of Kutch.
There is no denying the fact that the Atlantique strayed into Indian territory. I don't think that the Pakistanis even deny this fact. The fact that it was unarmed and on a training mission story would not be used otherwise. Unarmed - these planes are recon planes but have anti ship missiles and guns + they cold be testing Indian defences - how does India know about it?
Also the intrusion took place just after the Kargil War. What the Pak airmen on the Atlantique should have done was to have followed the Indian planes back to the Indian airbase after they were caught intruding. Destroyed all sensitive equipment and files and marched into a short period of captivity. India would have been compelled to return the plane and personnel soon. Instead turning tail and running meant the Indians had to shoot down the plane. Why ? Letting it return would have meant-
1. All intelligence gathered cold be used by Pak.
2. Pak would have tried more such stunts - knowing the Indians would not shoot down the intruder.

A similar case with a US maritime recon plane and Chinese happened around 2001-2002. The US plane was forced to land on Hainan island. Crew and plane were returned soon after.

Well, Indian Media doesn't Command Indian Forces and Rules the country.
India doesnt make strategic decisions on the basis of media Reports. We dont go to war by listening to Media.

Btw, The reporting was done by a few Channels.
In a 105 Billion country very few would have watched this as majority dont have cable connection.

Your Logic is NOT Applicable.
Media is NOT the real issue here. 26/11 was More than enough to build tensions.

Answer my Qs. a bit honestly.
Like i said we don't care what your media is feeding you with. That statement was not because of your media. It was because WE WANTED PEACE. We did that because if we react the same as you.We might be in war. And war is no good.

Like i said we don't care what your media is feeding you with. That statement was not because of your media. It was because WE WANTED PEACE. We did that because if we react the same as you.We might be in war. And war is no good.

I dont suspect that Pakistan wants peace. Its good to cool down things.

But My intention was to justify the incorrect statement of Violations by IAF and had they been true Mr Zardari would have not said otherwise jut for "peace".

You dont keep quiet when someone invades ur land - just for "peace" .
Coz then what the Use of having F16s and someone violates ur airspace .. ur PAF sits quiet and President says "no violation" just to make "peace" ?
National Pride is More Important Than "Peaceful Statements" .. at least in South Asia.

Take my word Had the story been real, PAF ws good enough to get a lock on Indian Fighters. I hv no doubt in that.

I dont suspect that Pakistan wants peace. Its good to cool down things.

But My intention was to justify the incorrect statement of Violations by IAF and had they been true Mr Zardari would have not said otherwise jut for "peace".

You dont keep quiet when someone invades ur land - just for "peace" .
Coz then what the Use of having F16s and someone violates ur airspace .. ur PAF sits quiet and President says "no violation" just to make "peace" ?
National Pride is More Important Than "Peaceful Statements" .. at least in South Asia.

Take my word Had the story been real, PAF ws good enough to get a lock on Indian Fighters. I hv no doubt in that.
That statement for peace was to cool down people on our side of boarder. We are as much emotional as you are. I am sure the statement which was for your govt was quite different from this one. Thats why the fighters who were planing "SURGICAL STRIKES" didnt come here again even by mistake.

That statement for peace was to cool down people on our side of boarder. We are as much emotional as you are. I am sure the statement which was for your govt was quite different from this one. Thats why the fighters who were planing "SURGICAL STRIKES" didnt come here again even by mistake.

I guess we have got each others views.
No need to go any further.

Back to Topic.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom