What's new

Lebanese PM accuses Iran, Syria of supporting Hezbollah

Owais

Reaction score
Lebanese PM accuses Iran, Syria of supporting Hezbollah BEIRUT: The international community must help Lebanon disarm Hezbollah as the Israeli bombardments have just increased the popularity of the Shiite militia, the Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Siniora said in a interview to an Italian newspaper on Thursday.

"Hezbollah has become a state within a state. We are well aware of this and it is a serious problem. It's no secret that Hezbollah follows the political agendas of Damascus and Tehran," the Lebanese leader said, pointing the finger accusingly at Syria and Iran.

"The whole world must help us disarm Hezbollah. But we must first obtain a ceasefire. We can't do anything while the bombardments continue and the situation will just get worse," Siniora said.

"But the criminal Israeli bombardments must stop immediately. Israelis are bombing civilians and this increases Hezbollah's popularity, even among people who would not normally support it," the premier added.

Siniora appealed for a global solution to the crisis, including the release of Lebanese prisoners in Israel and the withdrawal of troops from a disputed border area.

This would remove any legitimate reason for Hezbollah to maintain its armed militia thereby forcing it to become a purely political movement in the country, he explained.

Some 310 people have been killed since Israel launched a lethal offensive across Lebanon on July 12 in a bid to cripple the Hezbollah after it captured the two Israeli soldiers.

Huh!
CHICKEN!!:idiot:

:mad: yeh its bad hez accusing

But there are some reports of u can say the analyses that Iran has dragged the Hizbollah and Lebnon into this just to divert the world attention from her own crises regarding Nuckes .

Thats right, Israel voluntarily asked Hamas and Hezbollah to kidnap their soldiers so they can mount an attack on Gaza and Lebanon.

No, Israel has taken 10,000 PAlestinians prisoners. Under Israeli law which legalized kidnappings in 97 and not amended till 01 i think. Of which 1000 are without charges or trial and a few hundred are children. You're way off base here hindu, even Ghandi was opposed to Israel as he was opposed to caste system.

Thats still does not justify what hamas and Hezbollah did. If its tit for tat kidnappings, then face the music, dont cry back about oppressive Israelis.

You're way off base here hindu, even Ghandi was opposed to Israel as he was opposed to caste system.
I dont care what Gandhi said, its hardly relevant to the thread's discussion. If you care so much about Gandhi and his opinion, he also didnt like the idea of partition, I suppose you do accept partition of british India as a mistake??

This is the second time you are doing this, do not call me as a hindu or any other names. I have a screen name here and address me by that name, kapeesh Mohammed?

Compare prisoner stats.

Compare human rights violations.

Compare UN resolution violations.

Ghandi is pertinent, because he knew facts regarding the nature of Israel. You are speaking out of spite against Muslims, and Muhammad is a source of pride :D did you say that to have an insulting effect?

I'm not the one complaining about Israel or its actions. Every action will have a reaction, and if you cannot with stand the reaction, why act in the first place??

Ghandi is pertinent, because he knew facts regarding the nature of Israel.
If you believe in GANDHI (if you are slow, let me correct ya, thats the spelling, got it?) so much, then as I said earlier, you do believe in his notion that partition of British India is wrong and an oppotunistic move by Jinnah.

You are speaking out of spite against Muslims, and Muhammad is a source of pride did you say that to have an insulting effect?
I simply dont understand why some one shud be proud of the religion he follows, rather than who he is. I find it insulting to identify a person solely based on his religion. Well, its just me.

Jay_ said:
If you believe in GANDHI (if you are slow, let me correct ya, thats the spelling, got it?) so much, then as I said earlier, you do believe in his notion that partition of British India is wrong and an oppotunistic move by Jinnah.

Gandhi foremost believed in freedom from oppression, and to that effect he ripped apart the British empire. Jinnah believed in freedom from oppression for the muslims in the sub-continent, and to that effect he played a part in ripping apart "India".

Is freedom from oppression more important than unity? Gandhi's actions speak louder than his words.

Jana said:
:mad: yeh its bad hez accusing

But there are some reports of u can say the analyses that Iran has dragged the Hizbollah and Lebnon into this just to divert the world attention from her own crises regarding Nuckes .

Why is bad that he is accusing, ig there are reports suggsting it???? :confused:

Averröes said:
Compare prisoner stats.

Compare human rights violations.

Compare UN resolution violations.

Ghandi is pertinent, because he knew facts regarding the nature of Israel. You are speaking out of spite against Muslims, and Muhammad is a source of pride :D did you say that to have an insulting effect?

Bloody hell this is not statisitcs class that we are trying to match figures.

Israel kidnapped palestineans and they fired rockets into Israel and then israel bombed them back using thier artilery and f16s and apaches.

But why did Hizbullah initiate a hostility on the northern border,knowing israel well this is response isnt a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom