What's new

Leaked NATO report claims to expose direct links between ISI, Taliban

Now this is a prime example of diplomatic stupidity. "Disregarding" the leaked report will not make the potential consequences go away. Who is guiding such a stupid response? Homer Simpson?

Leaked US document can be “disregarded”: Khar

KABUL: Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Wednesday that a leaked US military report claiming Pakistan supported the Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan can be “disregarded”.

“We can disregard this as a potentially strategic leak…This is old wine in an even older bottle,” she told reporters during an official visit to the Afghan capital Kabul.

The US military said in a secret report the Taliban are set to retake control of Afghanistan after Nato-led forces withdraw from the country, raising the prospect of a major failure of Western policy after a costly war.

Khar, whose visit was the first high-level meeting in months between officials from both countries, added that the neighbours should stop blaming each other for strained cross-border ties.

“We must start engaging in the end of blame games,” she said.

Agreed.. the report should be addressed as to the inaccuracy of reporting links meant for negotiations as links for support.

The leak seem intentional, to make public opinion for a long presence in the region with cutting military spending by limiting the war to special operations.. pressing, isolating and weakening Pakistan further through their propaganda and stoping of so called aid.. in the last snatching our nukes... channelising their trade through our region on their terms... capturing resouces whose scarcity would be cause of world war etc...

I think i am at par with Sir Hamid saab lol ..

Agreed.. the report should be addressed as to the inaccuracy of reporting links meant for negotiations as links for support.

Pakistan disregards such leaks at its peril, for sure.

The leak seem intentional, to make public opinion for a long presence in the region with cutting military spending by limiting the war to special operations.. pressing, isolating and weakening Pakistan further through their propaganda and stoping of so called aid.. in the last snatching our nukes... channelising their trade through our region on their terms... capturing resouces whose scarcity would be cause of world war etc...

I think i am at par with Sir Hamid saab lol ..

Well, if all that is a known risk, then why not work now to AVOID all that?

Pakistan disregards such leaks at its peril, for sure.

Well, if all that is a known risk, then why not work now to AVOID all that?

depends how you avoid it.. either accepting them or making them fail..?

depends how you avoid it.. either accepting them or making them fail..?

Please note I used the word "avoid" for a reason. If accepting the outcome that you mention is not an option, then how can Pakistan make the strategy fail, if indeed it can?

Please note I used the word "avoid" for a reason. If accepting the outcome that you mention is not an option, then how can Pakistan make the strategy fail, if indeed it can?

Dear Uncle, i will take U turn here.. its all conspiracy theories.. infact Pakistan is the only country that has sufferd graviously in WOT, according to US. The grunt we hear is their own failed policies and natural course in the area where occupations is most hated term, as the history reveals..

Dear Uncle, i will take U turn here.. its all conspiracy theories.. infact Pakistan is the only country that has sufferd graviously in WOT, according to US. The grunt we hear is their own failed policies and natural course in the area where occupations is most hated term, as the history reveals..

You've lost me there; could you please rephrase and explain your post above?

did the story leak out of Panetta or his Butler?

Wait I have the answer. It must be his butler. Because Panetta already “leaked” a lot in his 60 minutes interview
if ISI is that capable we really need these guys back working in Pakistan to finish off TTP and BLA

though timely leaked :P

Last edited by a moderator:
did the story leak out of Panetta or his Butler?

Wait I have the answer. It must be his butler. Because Panetta already “leaked” a lot in his 60 minutes interview
if ISI is that capable we really need these guys back working in Pakistan to finish off TTP and BLA

The source of the leak is not as important as where this is leading to in the mainstream media.

Pakistan is still playing games from the Cold War, and for some reason has mastered them. Lmao

The source of the leak is not as important as where this is leading to in the mainstream media.

I hear that the people who deal with the inventory use methods of valuation like FIFO first in first out. looks like in the world of the "western mainstream" media its Garbage in Garbage out"

sorry didnt mean to be that crass.

It got to be a butler since you aid the source is not that important.

do you have the schedule of the next leak by the way? would it be before or after the American meeting with the "veritable arm” of ISI in Saudi Arabia?

I hear that the people who deal with the inventory use methods of valuation like FIFO first in first out. looks like in the world of the "western mainstream" media its Garbage in Garbage out"

sorry didnt mean to be that crass.

It got to be a butler since you aid the source is not that important.

do you have the schedule of the next leak by the way? would it be before or after the American meeting with the "veritable arm” of ISI in Saudi Arabia?

You may deride the leaks and the media, but the consequences of the constant drip of perceived bad news will not be so easy to laugh off, I can assure you Sir.

As said many many times before and now saying it again, what is stopping NATO / US from presenting the evidence to the world forum, why not call up a UN security council meeting, present the evidence, get Pakistan sanctioned or even authorize military action against it.

Why these unnamed sources, why these mysteriously leaked reports all these years and not a single piece of evidence to the world.

NATO / US if can fabricate evidence to attack / sanction other countries, then they can atleast present some evidence even fabricated one to get Pakistan do what they want.

Enough with these mysteriously leaked and unnamed officials, plz some evidence now.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Enough of the incompetency of NATO / US, if you can't do something then don't blame it on others.

Why these unnamed sources, why these mysteriously leaked reports all these years and not a single piece of evidence to the world.

Because the leaks are indicative of future directions of US policy, and are not intended to be used as incriminatory evidence. The leaks herald alignments in the powers-that-be to be ready for implementation of said policies.

That is why, Sir.

Back
Top Bottom