What's new

Leading Indian strategist:India not in the same league as US and China!

US is widening the gap compare to China in technology but China is closing the gap in terms of GDP and economic power. The absolute growth of GDP of China in $ will be greater than that of the US from now on. So China is catching up to US.

As for India, it should position itself to be the leader of the 22nd century.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:blah::blah:keep on catching..meanwhile do send me a mail in year 3000 if u manage to reach 50% US capability...till than keep catching..GOOD..

keep this advise for urself...Simple

Presently there is some gap b/w the two countries...

India will go and overtake China...

India has made tremendous progress in recent times...anu u must know India has 10 times more potential than China in any field...

We are just working at 5% efficiency to ur almost 90% efficiency..still the difference is mearge... u should fear the day when India will apporach even 50% of its efficiency...India will rip apart the progress trian... and move ahead leaving China behind in its trail.....

Future is something... very uncertain... dont act like a self congratulating parrot....accept that future no one knows...20 years from now...who will be ahead no one knows...India sure can leave China behind.. u better work hard....than making such foolish statements above....or else u will not know who just left u behind.... ;)

First of all, I'm not from China. I'm just giving my personal opinion base on trends and facts in comparing China and India vs US.

Also, your opinion shows how my previous post was true. Indian leadership has senses and logic. But unfortunately, many Indians like you would dig your head in the sand and be blind from the fact.

Its true that no one knows what will happen in twenty years, but base on the trend in the last ten or twenty year, we can project what is most likely to happen. That is best we can do.

On your opinion that India can leave China behind, it is possible. It is also possible that Pakistan and Iran can leave India behind. We can have all our wishes so I'm just making an educated wish of the near future base on recent past.

:blah::blah:keep on catching..meanwhile do send me a mail in year 3000 if u manage to reach 50% US capability...till than keep catching..GOOD..

Sorry that reality hurt you. In term of GDP, China is projected to be 50% of the US at least by 2018. But it might be faster. China was originally projected to surpass Japan in GDP by 2015-2020 but now, its 2010-2011. What I post are just educated projections. Your statements come from your jealousy and anger that China is growing faster than India. Again, sorry that reality bites.

First of all, I'm not from China. I'm just giving my personal opinion base on trends and facts in comparing China and India vs US.

Also, your opinion shows how my previous post was true. Indian leadership has senses and logic. But unfortunately, many Indians like you would dig your head in the sand and be blind from the fact.

Its true that no one knows what will happen in twenty years, but base on the trend in the last ten or twenty year, we can project what is most likely to happen. That is best we can do.

On your opinion that India can leave China behind, it is possible. It is also possible that Pakistan and Iran can leave India behind. We can have all our wishes so I'm just making an educated wish of the near future base on recent past.

even Nepal can leave USA behind..now this is not an educated thing to say...

now as u like educated thing only...
an educated thing will be to say india can leave China behind.....

even Nepal can leave USA behind..now this is not an educated thing to say...

now as u like educated thing only...
an educated thing will be to say india can leave China behind.....

As I said, if you want to make wild statements, its up to you. You are just showing your childishness on this forum. I'll stop reponding to you unless you have something substantial to contribute.

Sorry that reality hurt you. In term of GDP, China is projected to be 50% of the US at least by 2018. But it might be faster. China was originally projected to surpass Japan in GDP by 2015-2020 but now, its 2010-2011. What I post are just educated projections. Your statements come from your jealousy and anger that China is growing faster than India. Again, sorry that reality bites.

no its not from that...it came from ur arrogant attitude...
open ur mouth WHen u surpass...before that enjoy some nice music/movie back home....dont try to be a fortuneteller....let the future unfold on its own..we will know who goes ahead...india or China....

As I said, if you want to make wild statements, its up to you. You are just showing your childishness on this forum. I'll stop reponding to you unless you have something substantial to contribute.

Well yes its true... if u want to dig ur eyes in sand u could....

but my advise will be for China to better work hard and remain on its toes...than to to arrogant...or else as i said

India has all the potential in this world....India is marching ahead.. u better watch ur back..or else u will know what left China behind in its trail...and we will see in future what happens.....Instead of ur arrogant attitude i will prefer to leave it to the future to see what happens...who goes ahead..India or China....

Last edited:

who is being childish...U keep going into future as far as 2050 and say things like we will be a power and so on and on...!!!

u like to live in future....i will call that childish... buddy future is a very uncertain and terribly wrong thing to try to predict...

Potential is what matters...India has it in tons....China will be ahead in so and so is a childish statement...Only future will tell....India or China...we will only come to know only as the future unfolds...in the meanwhile my advise to u will be work hard and not waste time making statements about future...

My posting of the thread article is due to my belief that despite of some valid reality-check points made by the author, the strategist represents Indian style neo-con who wrongly argues that millitary power, first and foremost, is way to go.

On the contrary, the insane level of millitary defence growth of india is the fastest way to ruin any economic fruits it starts to garner. The potential arms race it will cause (and it is cuasing) in the region with China and pakistan, will very much likely kill Indian's economic development at its infancy. The long arms procument list you just provided serves only as a lethal doze of suicidal drugs IMO. Enjoy!

Well said buddy, One point i like to add is Indians always saying their

military spendings are nowhere high compare to GDP, but the thing is

that India need to import over 70% of their weapons started from

bullets and so on, meaning they need to pay for the R&D cost and

profit margin from their weapons supplies. Which mean if $10 for

10 bullets, since you are buying it instead of producing it, $10 = 7

bullets or less.

Don't forget in the arm race during the cold-war era, Soviet made all

their own weapons still end up collapsing, no one could won an arm

race by keep buying weapons from other countries. It will wear you

out sooner or later. :smitten::pakistan::china:

Well said buddy, One point i like to add is Indians always saying their

military spendings are nowhere high compare to GDP, but the thing is

that India need to import over 70% of their weapons started from

bullets and so on, meaning they need to pay for the R&D cost and

profit margin from their weapons supplies. Which mean if $10 for

10 bullets, since you are buying it instead of producing it, $10 = 7

bullets or less.

Don't forget in the arm race during the cold-war era, Soviet made all

their own weapons still end up collapsing, no one could won an arm

race by keep buying weapons from other countries. It will wear you

out sooner or later. :smitten::pakistan::china:

look as per ur post it doesnt matter whether u make ur own weapons or not..!!!

China making own weapons is nothing....as u said Russia lost even though it made its weapons on its own..!!!!!!

for once i agree with u...and u agree with me...

secondly india will make more and more of its weapons on its own with time...the only thing is they will be technologically much more advanced than the chinese one...

secondly india will make more and more of its weapons on its own with time...the only thing is they will be technologically much more advanced than the chinese one...

I thought you posted many posted about not predicting the future. You are predicting the future yourself here. Also, the only weapons that India can produced that will be more advance are Tot from Russia or Europe.

India doesn't have the technology to improve the latest import tech yet as India has no technology to absorb these tech. So other countries can fee safe about India not improve upon the technology exported to India.

I thought you posted many posted about not predicting the future. You are predicting the future yourself here. Also, the only weapons that India can produced that will be more advance are Tot from Russia or Europe.

India doesn't have the technology to improve the latest import tech yet as India has no technology to absorb these tech. So other countries can fee safe about India not improve upon the technology exported to India.

its happening now...arihant,lca,agni,nag,fgfa(just see the other thread on it),ac etc etc etc etc.....

The only way India's arms can surpass China is not a technology issue but a economic and political issue. India does require ToT when it purchase the weapon. But india doesn't have the capability to improve upon the purchased weapons. So its imperative for India to maintain friendly relationship with which ever country that it import weapons from. Personally, as an American, I hope India join the US camp. India can allow US to base on India like how US is base in Europe now.

its happening now...arihant,lca,agni,nag,fgfa(just see the other thread on it),ac etc etc etc etc.....

But India does not mass produce them or the Indian military have not introduced them in large numbers for them to be cost effective.

As a result, India continue to buy foreign hardware. I personally think its a waste of money to do research and not have anything significant to show for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom