What's new

leader of muslim world : s Arabia or Turkey ?

Hi,

Seems like Turkey for the moment is an independent entity---I don't think it is ready for a leadership role of the muslim world---although it had a lots of say in Pakistani politics during Musharraf's regime ( or Musharraf allowed them to have input ).

Also if it wanted to be a leader---it would have gotten involved with the ISIS issue right from day one.

For that reason---Pakistan is the only military leader of the muslim world----took on the Russians during the russo afg war----a nuc power ready for a go with the Indians----has involvement in most muslim issues in the world---has one of the largest military contingents actively assisting the UN worldwide like no other muslim nation.

Hi,

Seems like Turkey for the moment is an independent entity---I don't think it is ready for a leadership role of the muslim world---although it had a lots of say in Pakistani politics during Musharraf's regime ( or Musharraf allowed them to have input ).

Also if it wanted to be a leader---it would have gotten involved with the ISIS issue right from day one.

For that reason---Pakistan is the only military leader of the muslim world----took on the Russians during the russo afg war----a nuc power ready for a go with the Indians----has involvement in most muslim issues in the world---has one of the largest military contingents actively assisting the UN worldwide like no other muslim nation.

Definitely Pakistan has a lot of potential to become not just a military power, but an economic force as well.

The important thing is that do we have a person charismatic enough from that important countries to unite all the Muslim

Currently, If there is one person who have respects in hearts and minds of ordinary Muslims throughout the world that is: Reccep Tayyab Erdogan

After that No one: Zero

Hi,

I admire also Turkey's secularism. I admire their modernity, and I admire their ability to stave off total Western influence. Turkey has the power, capability, but they don't need to validate themselves. Turks are confident , the reason why the Turks were able to rule such a vast expanse of the world.

64886-004-2353B724.jpg

Military wise, no one in middle east as powerful as Turkey. And the man power.

We are talking about Turkey, afterall, the legacy of the Ottoman Empire is theirs.
in these days man does not count much. enemy would just throw few more bombs..Turkish military is getting better but we still have long way to go.example no engines or own fighter etc..i am not millitary expert i hope some Turkish member wont get mad to me.
Ottoman time is over ..Ottoman empire belong to Muslim world not only Turkish..so many other nation like Araps ,Balkan nations,Turk.Kurd etc died for Ottoman.i think it is selfisness to count Ottoman as Turkish empire..

There is no "Muslim" leader currently. There is no Muslim country that is significantly stronger than rival Muslim countries either. Some have a bigger influence religion wise, others financially wise, others militarily wise etc.

Makkah and Madinah might be located in KSA but that does not mean that KSA is the "leader". Many see it this way but it's wrong. There is no Caliphate anymore either.

From 632 until 1517 the Caliphate was in the hands of dynasties originally from the Hijaz region in KSA (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid) and from 1517 until 1924 it was in the hands of the Ottomans.

The only Muslim countries that are G-20 major economies member states are Turkey, KSA and Indonesia.

G-20 major economies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of Muslim regional blocs then the GCC is the most wealthy financially speaking as the GCC has a almost 2 trillion dollar big GDP (nominal) as of 2015.

The GCC is also the richest Muslim region in terms of GDP per capita (nominal).

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Far richer than any other Muslim states.

In terms of military then I would say that the most "powerful" Muslim countries are Pakistan, Turkey, Indonesia, GCC, Egypt, Algeria, Iran etc.

Not sure if this thread is intended for trolling but I replied anyway.

P.S.: KSA and Turkey are not rivals so this comparison is pointless.
Thanks for your valuable reply sir :)

Currently, If there is one person who have respects in hearts and minds of ordinary Muslims throughout the world that is: Reccep Tayyab Erdogan

After that No one: Zero

That person should have good English to influence Muslim leaders and Muslim people in general. Some one like JFK and Obama who can gain much respect from all over the world. I don't see any Muslim leader that has speaking ability like those USA leaders above. Actually, Mursi in Egypt had a chance as well, but too bad he is too rigid in doing politics. What I can say is that only democratic countries can produce that kind of people since democracy will train such people and give opportunity for any one to come up as leader in their own country. Thats why Pakistan should always be in a democratic format politically to have a chance to produce such person.

One country will emerge out of the ashes of this Muslim civil war thats going on throughout the Muslim world. Whatever this entity would be called, it will be a global power, not just a 'Muslim power'.

One country will emerge out of the ashes of this Muslim civil war thats going on every. Whatever entity this entity would be called, it will be a global power, not just a 'Muslim power'.
I think Turkey will be a true Muslim power with large Economy and Industrial base, Higher Living Standard and Mighty Military.

I think Turkey will be a true Muslim power with large Economy and Industrial base, Higher Living Standard and Mighty Military.

The entity i'm talking about wouldn't be limited to its current geographic borders and it won't be called Turkey or Saudi Arabia or Pakistan etc

While economy is important, what people really follow is 'power' and leadership.

There shouldnt be a leader, may prosper all separately. All those years Caliphs killed one another. Its better that way no one kills other. Tel lagao apna apna :D

There are different kind of leaders.
Religious wise then Iraq (with Najaf and Karbala) is a leader for Shia. For the Sunnis the true leader would be the remnants of Ottoman empire, which is Turkey.
Egypt however is the traditional center of Arab power, so Egypt could also be leader. However Egypt is in bit of a daze right now and have been for a long time. I dont think they will ever rise to what they were before.
But in terms of having more dynamic and bigger economy plus a powerful military, then I guess the best bet would be Turkey.
Although its membership in NATO and close relations with Israel are some of the factors that make other Muslims not look at it as a leader for the Muslim world.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom