What's new

LCA will not be able to penetrate enemy lines

I care damn about EW or external EW if the aircraft cannot penetrate enemy airspace.
Tell me oh enlightened one what kind of a Line replaceable Unit(LRU) is "penetrate enemy airspace" or is it a computer software, where in the aviation market is the "penetrate enemy airspace" tech available?.
When one cant understand the relation between the technology and the capability the technology brings he is intellectually deficient.

Tell me oh enlightened one what kind of a Line replaceable Unit(LRU) is "penetrate enemy airspace" or is it a computer software, where in the aviation market is the "penetrate enemy airspace" tech available?.
When one cant understand the relation between the technology and the capability the technology brings he is intellectually deficient.

That is exactly I am saying. The title of this thread and argument by saying '' tejas is not meant for carrying out operations in enemy airspace'' and is '' point defence aircraft'' is total BS. Either the aircraft is able to do dog fights with f-16 of Pakistan or end up getting shot. It does not matter which air space it is.

That is exactly I am saying. The title of this thread and argument by saying '' tejas is not meant for carrying out operations in enemy airspace'' and is '' point defence aircraft'' is total BS. Either the aircraft is able to do dog fights with f-16 of Pakistan or end up getting shot. It does not matter which air space it is.
The CAG report doesn't make a relative statement here,its job is to check the compliance with the ASR,the ASR may be superior to or inferior to the adversaries.It doesn't compare EW capacity of the JF-17 or the F-16 so you better keep it out.
I am sure that if the CAG is allowed to evaluate the JF-17 or even the F-16 I am sure it will tear them too.The CAG plays the devils advocate not a sensible auditor as it should be.

The CAG report doesn't make a relative statement here,its job is to check the compliance with the ASR,the ASR may be superior to or inferior to the adversaries.It doesn't compare EW capacity of the JF-17 or the F-16 so you better keep it out.
I am sure that if the CAG is allowed to evaluate the JF-17 or even the F-16 I am sure it will tear them too.The CAG plays the devils advocate not a sensible auditor as it should be.

that is not my argument. My argument is wrt the one who was saying LCA is not to fight in enemy airspace.

that is not my argument. My argument is wrt the one who was saying LCA is not to fight in enemy airspace.
How so when the comparison is not relative,I can even fly a Cessna into an airspace if the adversary has no air defence so it depends upon what the adversary has.In this case it still has to be seen that if jf-17,f-16 has a superior EW warfare as the Tejas can carry external EW as of now.

How so when the comparison is not relative,I can even fly a Cessna into an airspace if the adversary has no air defence so it depends upon what the adversary has.In this case it still has to be seen that if jf-17,f-16 has a superior EW warfare as the Tejas can carry external EW as of now.

cassena is not a fighter plane. I am talking about a plane on which you have spent Rs20,000 crore and coming up with an argument of it cannot enter Pakistani airspace and kill JF17s or F16s because of inferior EW. What kind of argument is.

Please tell me the basic need to develop this aircraft, I am still confused.

The LCA is multi-role, but unlike the PAF and the (much inferior) JF-17, IAF can aford the use the LCA for second-line tasks such as point defense and interdiction (it will eventually replace much of the Mig-27 / Jaguar fleet)

Do you remember what happened to the "sitting duck" "elephant" F-15s of Israel when they met the Syrian SAMs at Bekaa?

The Rafales are not even meant for you

As for 2016-22, you should do well to focus on replacing the 45-year old Mirages that still trundle on in your fleet.
Disrespecting idiot.
No need to argue with someone of your intellect. keep living in your fictitious shinning India. Peace

CAG has rightly exposed the impotency of lca. The so called 4.5 plus generation jet still has 53 sifnificant short comings and issues which are yet to be addressed.

We can easily understand the anger on CGA by indian fan boys, as CGA has removed the lca underwear on main road.

cassena is not a fighter plane. I am talking about a plane on which you have spent Rs20,000 crore and coming up with an argument of it cannot enter Pakistani airspace and kill JF17s or F16s because of inferior EW. What kind of argument is.

Please tell me the basic need to develop this aircraft, I am still confused.
Dude I am not sure why you are confused. CAG has said that the current EW doesn't fit the set IAF parameters(which is integrated internal EW suite) does it mean it can't fight with jf-17's or f-16's with an external pod as it is done for the mirages,sukhois in service currrently.If the LCA is incapable of entering Pakistani Airspace then neither can the M2000 or the Sukhoi which dont have integrated internal EW as of now.
If an integrated internal EW suite is a necessity then I am not sure how many fighters which can "penetrate" fly today.

CAG has rightly exposed the impotency of lca. The so called 4.5 plus generation jet still has 53 sifnificant short comings and issues which are yet to be addressed.

We can easily understand the anger on CGA by indian fan boys, as CGA has removed the lca underwear on main road.
Don't you have anything new to bring to the table apart from the usual rants?

Dude I am not sure why you are confused. CAG has said that the current EW doesn't fit the set IAF parameters(which is integrated internal EW suite) does it mean it can't fight with jf-17's or f-16's with an external pod as it is done for the mirages,sukhois in service currrently.If the LCA is incapable of entering Pakistani Airspace then neither can the M2000 or the Sukhoi which dont have integrated internal EW as of now.
If an integrated internal EW suite is a necessity then I am not sure how many fighters which can "penetrate" fly today.

@GURU DUTT but according to you, LCA is only to defend and kill enemy aircraft in your airspace.

LCA is for POINT DEFENCE / HOME LAND SECURITY not Offensive Jobs they will be done by Su30 MKI, Mig29s , Mirage 2000s and jags and onli it PAF is able to destroy and defeate all the big boys and then the indian air defnce network onli then it gets a chance to fight LCA ..... do you get the picture ?

as for the chinese theatre well why do you think india is buying rafales and FGFAs ?

Don't you have anything new to bring to the table apart from the usual rants?
New things not needed. You better go and fix the lca 53 short comings and deficiencies first and get some positive remarks from auditors about late coming aircraft LCA.

I think the title of this thread really means that LCA will not be able to penetrate even the Indian air space because they may have to face PAF there :woot:

New things not needed. You better go and fix the lca 53 short comings and deficiencies first and get some positive remarks from auditors about late coming aircraft LCA.
Have you ever witnessed audits? at least in your office? They are devils advocates and they don't give positive remarks(even the famed T-90 didn't escape their criticism),JF-17 can get positive remarks from Auditor Riaz Haq but in India and around the world (including the GAO) things are not so sweet,and for people who haven't witnessed audits its difficult to understand.

Have you ever witnessed audits? at least in your office? They are devils advocates and they don't give positive remarks(even the famed T-90 didn't escape their criticism),JF-17 can get positive remarks from Auditor Riaz Haq but in India and around the world (including the GAO) things are not so sweet,and for people who haven't witnessed audits its difficult to understand.

The funny part is, that those who are so eager to take a shot at LCA because of the CAG report now, either didn't undertand what it's actually talking about, or doesn't even know the capabilities of PAFs fighters either.
CAG says LCA has problems with the RWR, does PAF's F16 B52 has RWR?
CAG says the jammer of LCA is too big to be integrated, does PAF's F16 B52 carry the self protection system internally or externally?
CAG says LCA has overweight and less flight performance than required, but it has HOBS missiles for close combats and self defence. Does PAF's F16 B52 has HOBS missiles?

Well, it's undeniable that LCA is not at the required level according to the ASR and CAG is right to criticize that in public and further increase the pressure on DRDO to fix the problems! But it seems that even at this stage of the development, it does have some advantages on his side.
The blame games will always be there and at least until LCA is operational in FOC standard we have to live with it, but that doesn't make the fighter bad at all.

The funny part is, that those who are so eager to take a shot at LCA because of the CAG report now, either didn't undertand what it's actually talking about, or doesn't even know the capabilities of PAFs fighters either.
CAG says LCA has problems with the RWR, does PAF's F16 B52 has RWR?
CAG says the jammer of LCA is too big to be integrated, does PAF's F16 B52 carry the self protection system internally or externally?
CAG says LCA has overweight and less flight performance than required, but it has HOBS missiles for close combats and self defence. Does PAF's F16 B52 has HOBS missiles?
F-16 Blaak 52 does not have any of those .. now enemies can sleep peacefully ...:lazy2:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom