What's new

LCA Tejas Detachment | Sept - Oct 2014

Something along the 8 SDB loadout for the F-16 or the rumoured 16 FT-5 loadout for the J-10.

J10 and LCA suffer from the same problem, only 3 hardpoints at the wings, which means only a single hadpoint for either BVR missiles or strike weapons. So if they are in strike config, you need dedicated fighters to protect them. The only possibility to change that, would be carrying the strike load at the centerline (1 x 2000lb or 1 x 1000lb LGB or a quad pack with 4 x SDB / SPICE 250 class bombs), while using the wings for fuel and AAMs. From drag point of view this also should be preferable, than carrying larger loads at the wings.

it would be interesting how the effectiveness of the LCA as a platform multiplies in such a conflict with the ability to hit multiple targets in one go.

Here again the SPICE 250 on a quadpack would be the best choice, attacking 4 different targets at the same time, from around 100Km distance and with full self defence capability.

Guys I did just a cursory analysis of the prototype and the LSP-1. The attachment has few differences highlighted. I am a noob in aviation, could anyone explain them ??

1 - APU: Auxiliary power unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2 - EW pod with sensors
Not sure what 3 is, 4 and 5 are actually wasn't changed.

@Abingdonboy , @sancho : Guys I did just a cursory analysis of the prototype and the LSP-1. The attachment has few differences highlighted. I am a noob in aviation, could anyone explain them ??
1- Inlet for APU cooling IIRC.
2- EW sensors
3- Not 100% sure, perhaps another cooling duct
4- Redesigned airbrakes (now has holes in them)
5- Redesigned leading edge? perhaps to improve airflow to the intake below the wing.

Something along the 8 SDB loadout for the F-16 or the rumoured 16 FT-5 loadout for the J-10. Remember the fictional idea I posted on the other thread, it would be interesting how the effectiveness of the LCA as a platform multiplies in such a conflict with the ability to hit multiple targets in one go.

Also, can they decide on whether they want it dark grey or light grey?? :mad:

When it comes into IAF service; then it'll be 'Tipnis Grey' aka the std grey. Even the KH series tail numbers will end.

When Tejas will induct in IAF???
It has took too much time.....Soon Insha Allah Pak will have JF17 block2.

2016/17 possibly in full squadron service and LCA MK1 is capability wise similar to JF 17 Block 2, propper 4th gen multi role capabilities, mid air refuelling, so we all can be happy then.

R
2016/17 possibly in full squadron service and LCA MK1 is capability wise similar to JF 17 Block 2, propper 4th gen multi role capabilities, mid air refuelling, so we all can be happy then.
Raising Asia

sweet dreams

The Mk.1 is just about clearing the path for the Mk.2 IMHO. If this can be in service by 2020 (the stated aim) I'll be exceptionally happy.

The Mk.1 is just about clearing the path for the Mk.2 IMHO. If this can be in service by 2020 (the stated aim) I'll be exceptionally happy.

MK2 isn't that important to me, as the priority of the LCA program is to develop and produce a fighter in India, which will be achieved the minute the MK1 enters operational service. Of course, fixing problems and upgrading it over the life remains important and part of the learning curve, but it's the program that is the game changer for India, not the fighter.

Kaveri engine ...

We should get it at any cost.

India has not abandoned the project.

DRDO is planning to fit it in mig 29 and test it.

Russian engines are not reliable as us engines. Their strength is cheapness and hence numbers.

That's why F404 was selected for LCA . even though India had used RD engines for quite long time, we went to F404

Back
Top Bottom