What's new

LCA Tejas Detachment | Sept - Oct 2014

There were reports about twin launchers for smaller bombs going to come, PSG even claimed Rafales triple launchers would be used. :rolleyes:

I heard Mk-2 will have a larger wing area - how is that helping the space constraints?

Nowadays I think the emphasis should be on delivering a low/medium-weight ordinance as accurately as possible rather
than rain 1,000lb bombs all over the place. We can save the larger ones for specific missions. The power of the
explosives packed within is being increased as well.

Spice 250 is even smaller than the 500lb LGB in the pic, but then why use twin launchers at the wings instead of using a quadlauncher at the centerline and freeing the mid wingstations for BVR missiles. That's actually the best option LCA can have, using such small 250lb bombs from the centerline instead of remaining in old fashioned heavy LGB configs.

I agree, placing multiple 250lb bombs accurately is better than just carrying a single 1000/2000lb one.

I heard Mk-2 will have a larger wing area - how is that helping the space constraints?

The wingspan for MK1 and MK2 is given with 8.2m by ADA, so no changes that would make a difference there. Only option could be different kind of LGBs / PGMs that have a smaller diameter.

Back
Top Bottom