What's new

LCA taking off with Missles/drop tanks/loaded

Yo!! Man cool pics with cool design.... C`mon- Its a beauty...
IAF will rock in future

I believe its more of your love for flying machines.

one obvious reason is that it is bit too expensive as compare to what is available to IAF for same price!

May I know how does it become too expensive, and also let us know what is available for the same price? since IAF is basically looking towards EF, Rafale, Mig-35, F-16 and F/A-18EF and to my knowledge, none of this jet can ever close to price tag being offered by LCA.

second simple reason.... it is still in development phase while its role in IAF is still murky.

Role in IAF is still Murky? huh! please explain how so.

It has fundamental design errors.. hence refining it further in its present form is waste of time and resources.

One more useless pot shot. Now this time design errors which is duly accompanied by non-disclaimer of refining which may according to you result in waste of time and resources.

Powerful US engine alone is not the only criteria...to look into..

That is the reason why EJ-200 is being targeted as a perspective engine for the same.

other specification we see on www are for the sake of arguments on forums. no certifications of its specification so far.

You need arguments on forum to realize the same! but in India, it is something regarded as a IOC and FOC to qualify for such specification which is not an open secret.

I heard that this plane cost the same as Eurofighter or Rafael, is that true?

^^^ LCA will cost around $20-22m as opposed to around $50-60m for the eurofighter. It will definitely be competitive considering it is a 4.5 generation fighter.

eurofighter and rafale ----- >90 mil/piece
S/H---- ~70 mil
LCA --- ~25mil

compare yourself....

6ae3d14627ce3bfcb674e7ba5daf6aca.jpg

52d1c90c0a8183f99b44abefc1c0a772.jpg

c0f223e60ede656faa348bdceab5cca9.jpg

Too bad IAF doesn't wait it. It will make token sales to the IAF at best just to ensure India got an indigenously built plane.

Looks wise its not bad.

Too bad IAF doesn't wait it. It will make token sales to the IAF at best just to ensure India got an indigenously built plane.

Looks wise its not bad.

Is there any notworthy reason for your such meaningless commenting? If yes then also enlighten us for the same.

I'm in love with Tejas all over again. Beautiful pics.

For those of you saying it will be a token numbers that IAF inducts you could be wrong.

IAF cant afford much like PAF to simply buy/induct 600-650 new fighters at $50m +++ each from europe USA or indeed Russia.

It certainly needs a low cost easy to maintain low running cost single seat mrca . THIS IS the niche sector that TEJAS will fill for IAF.

IAF will field 28-48 mk1 TEJAS by 2015
A further 80+ mk2 tejas by 2021..
108-128 TEJAS in total.

*** Seperate but very interesting point INDIA has indicated to EADS it will need 99 EJ200 engines for mk2 if the company wins the contract.

kickass plane mk-II version would be... any news on whats happening on Kaveri front guys?

Kaveri was supposed to be scraped as a failed project.

Hence india will annouce by mid 2010 a winner out of F4114 general electric or EJ200 eurojet fro Germany as a supplier for 99 engines for mk2 tejas.

In the mean time snemca of france which has M88 engine powering rafael was suppose to build a GTRE engine for india using TOT. But this too is stagnating as france will not provide 100% TOT.

Look s like no indengious engine for mk2 LCA ever

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom