What's new

LCA Mark II will immediately replace Mig-29 in IAF: Air Marshal

Material procurement for MK1A has begin
5 samples in 2020 ~21
That means 40 or atleast 36 MK1 tejas will be inducted by 2020.

Production rate & model is being improvised..

40 mk1 vs 100 Jf17 by 2020 ~ winner JF17

After that Aesa equipped tejas production rate will beat JF 17 production rate.

We already have MK2 aka MCA program running..
for your information we are also modifying our thunders block1 and 2s with AESA radars LKF603E radars with detection range upto almost 200km and for production rate I would say that first try to reach 20 than think for further and they have crossed yet once again another line as they were supposed to get FOC in december but till now they haven't got it..you guys are day-dreamers.

for your information we are also modifying our thunders block1 and 2s with AESA radars LKF603E radars with detection range upto almost 200km and for production rate I would say that first try to reach 20 than think for further and they have crossed yet once again another line as they were supposed to get FOC in december but till now they haven't got it..you guys are day-dreamers.
We will also upgrade Su-30 MKI with AESA radar and we have 265 of them.

that's the problem that you don't understand that you are stuck on 265 mkis but our thunders can continuously rise and let's see what radar will you be using in it and if that's superior to LKF603E radar.

that's the problem that you don't understand that you are stuck on 265 mkis but our thunders can continuously rise and let's see what radar will you be using in it and if that's superior to LKF603E radar.
No.
We can get as many sukhoi as we want.
Pakistan JFT purchases are limited by budget.

True. Atleast Indian airforce say so. That is why they are giving bid order.

People are afraid of sending their planes in air show to avoid their planes to be compared with Tejas. That is the strengrhsof Tejas
Tejas problem days are over.

I agree facts speak more than plans ..

12 samples are already flying , 4 more might get air borne in 3 months ( all 4 are in final stages of assembly )

With sp 17-20 trainer is postponed, Sp21 FOC version will be built next year, so I am guessing FOC is around the corner.

First component I think wings are already made by a private company among many other outsourcing ... From FOC version.

So production model is getting upgraded .

There is tender out to make chassis for 5 Mk1A , Elta 2052 Aesa +EW won the tender - points out Mk1A is also in pipeline not far off .

There is solid route map . I will wait bit more .

Btw LKF603E is air or liquid cooled ?

I agree facts speak more than plans ..

12 samples are already flying , 4 more might get air borne in 3 months ( all 4 are in final stages of assembly )

With sp 17-20 trainer is postponed, Sp21 FOC version will be built next year, so I am guessing FOC is around the corner.

First component I think wings are already made by a private company among many other outsourcing ... From FOC version.

So production model is getting upgraded .

There is tender out to make chassis for 5 Mk1A , Elta 2052 Aesa +EW won the tender - points out Mk1A is also in pipeline not far off .

There is solid route map . I will wait bit more .

Btw LKF603E is air or liquid cooled ?
air cooled and yours tejas is delaying definitely because of lack of technical skill but our block-3 is being delayed because earlier it was being modified by keeping your mkis in mind but now it is being further improved by keeping rafle in observation.

Last edited:
air cooled and yours tejas is delaying definitely because of lack of technical skill but our block-3 is being delayed because earlier it was being modified by keeping your mkis in mind but now it is being further improved by keeping rafle in observation.

Just went through JF17 radar thread,
Seems LKF603E is for block 1 & 2 air cooled & KLJ for block 3 liquid cooled . Correct ?

Su30 mki upgradation is not yet finalised , I doubt you ll wait for the specs to be out to choose your radar & it has big radome with more power from 2 engines , definitely will house best radar that's allowed to have.

Rafale Aesa radar , I am not sure but it ll have a different philosophy I guess since radome is not big.

Tejas MK1A will have high TR units , liquid cooled but not sure of available power . So I am guessing KLJ radar cannot seem to compete with any of these radar.

Delays may be primarily due to other reasons not because of Indian factor.

Seems LKF603E is for block 1 & 2 air cooled & KLJ for block 3 liquid cooled . Correct ?
yes
Su30 mki upgradation is not yet finalised , I doubt you ll wait for the specs to be out to choose your radar & it has big radome with more power from 2 engines , definitely will house best radar that's allowed to have.
that's just a guess.
Tejas MK1A will have high TR units , liquid cooled but not sure of available power . So I am guessing KLJ radar cannot seem to compete with any of these radar.
KLJ has 1k modules and block-3 will come with powerful engine too probably ws-15 but we'll see about it but this habit of all indians that your stuff is superior and rest isn't without any logic is something nobody likes.

KLJ has 1k modules and block-3 will come with powerful engine too probably ws-15 but we'll see about it but this habit of all indians that your stuff is superior and rest isn't without any logic is something nobody likes.
No WS-15 is for heavy weight fighter not suitable for light weight fighter jets like JF-17 best bet for F-414 class medium thrust engine like WS-13E or upcoming WS-19 for J-31 @Goku-kun :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Rafale Aesa radar , I am not sure but it ll have a different philosophy I guess since radome is not big.

Delays may be primarily due to other reasons not because of Indian factor.
Delay is because of very high-tech software testing for low speed auto recovery alogerithm at the speed of just 100 knot. Cheap chinese plane can not even conceptualize to have such systems. It is cleared for 8.5 g now. g limit shall be raised to 9. AOA shall further be improved to for low speed handling.

yes

we'll see about it but this habit of all indians that your stuff is superior and rest isn't without any logic is something nobody likes.

Come on man, Israeli radar , big Tejas Quartz radome shouldn't be bad compared to exportable Chinese radar right ?

Tejas is really giving a b t pain to many here. Must be really doing well.
India is getting excellent experience in integration and testing of various systems in a modern fighter plane. This expertise is invaluable.
With 4000 successful flights tejas has proven its reliability. A Chinese jet like Jf17 would have had multiple crashes in this period.

So a light fighter whose current prototype faced unmatched development mismanagement and delays is expected to evolve into a version that will supplant a highly successful fighter with greater payload and maneuvering capacity along with being well loved by many of its pilots in the IAF?

That's the plan.

LCA_Canards_zpsl3jy7a1u.jpg

Designed to compete with the Gripen E.

Superior electronics that will be irrelevant when it finally comes into production.

Not really. GaN radar, dual band IRST, next gen MAWS and LWS, IMA architecture etc. All indigenous.

Instead of really focusing all out on the AMCA the Tejas is just a matter of ego that is hurting both the industry and fliers.

Then what would you recommend for the IAF's requirement for 300+ single-engined planes? More imports?

And we are focusing all out on the AMCA. Just that we now have the manpower and resources to focus on both LCA, AMCA and also other projects alongside these two jets.

MKI radar is more powerful than many AESA because of its huge size. Though AESA IS MORE powerful, huge size , power consumption makes MKI radars give them better range. AESA RADAR on mki shall be a hale of radar.

Back
Top Bottom