What's new

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

This article has or articles with the same topic have been posted many times in different threads. What is the point opening a separate thread for it when you there is already a long ongoing thread for this topic?! But wait why am I asking you? I've already seen you thread posting history and should know better

I doubt he can escape justice since there is no shortage of evidence of his complete involvement in the killing. I think the killer knew that he would become famous within extremist circles and thought that it could help him avoid justice because he asked fellow police officers that should he ever kill Taseer, they shouldn't shoot him as he would surrender without resistance. Sounds too well planned for an assassination plan hatched in 3 days.......

I wasn't aware of this revelation. (highlighted)

I don't doubt the justice delivered by the judicial system if it were independent, but am unsure of the pressure from the extremists and fundamentalists and how it will affect or influence the trial. We also have had some incidents where the court decisions have been influenced by fear of repercussions from the public.

Last thing you want to see is to divide the people based on this incident and by seeing the support for this guy I do fear for the worst.

Absolutely Disgusting.Pretty much proves that Pakistanis are barbarians (At least the majority which is praising the killer).

The striking thing is that these guys are the educated 'civil society'.
Lawyers??? I doubt it ... atleast in South Asia. Most have passed the bar exams cheating. We know how it works in India as well.

They can make everything appear as truth. The better one is at this skill, the more successful and famous he/she is.

I think the all those lawyers, as long as they are acting on their own, have a right to express their opinion too, reprehensible as it might appear to be to some of us.

The key lawyers are going to be for the prosecution and defence, as well as the judge of course.

Anything else is just trivial by comparison.

I think the all those lawyers, as long as they are acting on their own, have a right to express their opinion too, reprehensible as it might appear to be to some of us.

The key lawyers are going to be for the prosecution and defence, as well as the judge of course.

Anything else is just trivial by comparison.

Sometimes you make so much sense, you start to scare me..........

The lawyers are the politicized scum of Pakistan, no good can be expected of them. As for the religious parties they represent the views of a microscopic minority within Pakistan. The actions of a dozen or so lawyers should not be taken as a representation of this countries views on this sad incident. Most Pakistani condemn this sort of blatant disregard for human life.

Question: what is more disgusting? The smiling face of the shameless coward who emptied two clips of his sub machine guns while his coward colleagues watched/ ran away?

Or the flowering of this coward by the lawyers while his appearance in front of the magistrate and the way the lawyers are mentioning his name as if he is some holiness?

These so called “selfless” champions of democracy and justice first bullied Musharrafs government and then exposed themselves by acting like Jamiat activists in their protests and fights with other judges, police and lawyers who happened to have a difference of opinion from them. They look more radicalized than Jamiat Islami or other right wing mullah parties.

They look more radicalized than Jamiat Islami or other right wing mullah parties.

Right on spot, the moderates & moderation has dis appeared from this country along with rationality, The religious veil has blinded us all to such an extent that people are yet to develop guts to condemn acts of a murderer

Question: what is more disgusting? The smiling face of the shameless coward who emptied two clips of his sub machine guns while his coward colleagues watched/ ran away?

Or the flowering of this coward by the lawyers while his appearance in front of the magistrate and the way the lawyers are mentioning his name as if he is some holiness?

These so called “selfless” champions of democracy and justice first bullied Musharrafs government and then exposed themselves by acting like Jamiat activists in their protests and fights with other judges, police and lawyers who happened to have a difference of opinion from them. They look more radicalized than Jamiat Islami or other right wing mullah parties.

In my humble opinion the killer is shameless but the people who support him should look at themselves through the eyes of humanity and realize what animals they have become.
Cheering and hooting for a murderer ! What's next ? Next thing we know they will be chanting slogans in favour of a rapist ! They are making a hero out of someone who should be condemned on all accounts ! But as they say: "What goes around, comes around" not much time left until these very lawyers will be chased by extremists in the name of religion........and people will just chant in the favour of their murderers as well, and so the cycle shall continue.........

Would it have been more acceptable for some of you if Salman Taseer was legally executed by ruling of the Supreme Court for mass corruption, abuse of power, misuse of public money, and other high violations of the law?

By the way former Speaker of the Upper House Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Khan has replaced Salman Taseer as Acting Governor of Punjab province. I wish him luck with his duties and hope he does a better job than his predecessor. I don't know much about it so I'm uncertain.

Would it have been more acceptable for some of you if Salman Taseer was legally executed by ruling of the Supreme Court for mass corruption, abuse of power, misuse of public money, and other high violations of the law?

Yes. There is a world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom