What's new

LATEST PICS FROM INDO-CHINA HAND IN HAND 2014 :woot:

As i told u before.
Due to workers union of ofb,,they know privatisation means closing of shop for them

Whatever it takes MOD should give a big time contract to MKU. Its about time, & going by the trend followed by Modi govt I think this will happen soon. :cheers:

As i told u before.
Due to workers union of ofb,,they know privatisation means closing of shop for them
but what army have to do with OFB?? army can choose MKU product if they want it. OFB can't stop army from buying MKU products.

but what army have to do with OFB?? army can choose MKU product if they want it. OFB can't stop army from buying MKU products.

Army gets money and permission from government and workers union is a huge pressure group.

Camouflage can wait,the helmet needs to changed asap.I don't understand why didn't they use the patkas this time around,that thing is many times better than this tin buckets.

They are not wearing tin buckets... those helmets are new.

Whatever it takes MOD should give a big time contract to MKU. Its about time, & going by the trend followed by Modi govt I think this will happen soon. :cheers:

Modi cannot just increase the budget as you wish.. MKU products are top notch, but expensive as well. Equipping all frontline units with them is currently not possible.

As of now, only a few selected units will get better quality stuff.

India-China%2Bjoint%2Banti-terror%2Bexercises.jpg

India-China%2Bjoint%2Banti-terror%2Bexercises%2B8.jpg

India-China%2Bjoint%2Banti-terror%2Bexercises%2B-%2BHand%2Bin%2BHand%2B2014%2B2.jpg

India-China%2Bjoint%2Banti-terror%2Bexercises%2B-%2BHand%2Bin%2BHand%2B2014%2B1.jpg

India-China%2Bjoint%2Banti-terror%2Bexercises%2B-%2BHand%2Bin%2BHand%2B2014%2B5.jpg

Their gear has improved a lot over past few years :tup:

The INSAS has a terrible production quality though.... just look at the finishing :mad:

This was also evident from the recent joint exercise with RUSSIA, imo IA is now adopting a formulae to have certain ghatak units in each and every infantry unit and also with latest gears. Look at their head gear, elbo n knee pad, back packs all are like recently bought. BTW the infantry mordernisation is now going on but in a trudging way.....

@Abingdonboy what wud u say
The Ghataks certainly have their own modernisation budget and plan and it is separate to the infantry's. This battalion/regiment seems to one of the relatively modernised ones as not all those wearing the "new" kit are Ghataks.

@Abingdonboy, like i said before, india use downgraded weapons in yudh abhyass 2014. just compare the weapons and equipments in indio-china excercise and YA2014
I still don't think so bro, it is down to which units take part in these exercises. So clearly the modernisation efforts have reached theunits taking part in these Hand-Hand exercises (and the joint Indo-Russian ones) but not the Mountain brigades of the IA who took part in Oudh Abhays.

It makes little sense for the IA to purposely downplay their (limited) modernisation efforts specifically against the US army.

I really dislike those helmets though- still look like they are something out of the 1950s.

Camouflage can wait,the helmet needs to changed asap.I don't understand why didn't they use the patkas this time around,that thing is many times better than this tin buckets.
The Pataks are good for CI ops when the main risk is bullet injuries and thus the Patak is great as it can stop a 7.62mm round at close range but it is not a good battle helmet- it is heavy, cumbersome and limits the wearer's vision. The IA defiantly needs Kevlar helmets (part of F-INSAS).

what i don't understand is why don't army order these?? looks like army is in love with imported equipments
It's got absolutely nothing to do with "loving imports" that is a common myth. The majority (if not all) of the IA's soldiers' personal kit is 100% made in India (says a lot about why the kit is substandard)!

Modi isn't going to substantially increase defence spending, the budget will grow as the economy grows so that, rightly, is his priority. Today the reason the IA is seriously lagging in modernisation is because its mammoth manpower is a severe drain on its budgetary allocation (something like 60-70% of its budget is spent on operational expenditure) and thus why you see the IN and IAF doing much better in modernisation terms because they are far, far smaller forces and can thus spend more on capital expenditure.

As for MKU, yes they make some very nice equipment but it is still too expensive for every single soldier right now, they need to work on their pricing and the IA needs to wait until it has a better budget.
Army gets money and permission from government and workers union is a huge pressure group.
So the IA is being bribed by the OFB? Don't spread lies man. It has been the norm for the Indian military to purely engage with DPSUs due to structural reasons, things should change under the new GoI that is very keen to let the private sector into the defence market.

Modi isn't going to substantially increase defence spending, the budget will grow as the economy grows so that, rightly, is his priority. Today the reason the IA is seriously lagging in modernisation is because its mammoth manpower is a severe drain on its budgetary allocation (something like 60-70% of its budget is spent on operational expenditure) and thus why you see the IN and IAF doing much better in modernisation terms because they are far, far smaller forces and can thus spend more on capital expenditure.

As for MKU, yes they make some very nice equipment but it is still too expensive for every single soldier right now, they need to work on their pricing and the IA needs to wait until it has a better budget.

So the IA is being bribed by the OFB? Don't spread lies man. It has been the norm for the Indian military to purely engage with DPSUs due to structural reasons, things should change under the new GoI that is very keen to let the private sector into the defence market.

Am lying??
This is the sad truth otherwise ofb would have been disbanded years ago.

:close_tema: You are right in every aspect. Maybe govt should equip soldiers with modern gadgets bit by bit till a compact & metwork centric IA is achieved.
On mku's scenario maybe much production will help cut down prices. To what extent I dont know.

@Koovie
I understand your point of view. I am not expecting a miracle, but a long term contract can certainly offered to them to equip our frontline troop in batches.

Am lying??
This is the sad truth otherwise ofb would have been disbanded years ago.
Hardly, OFB is still around for the same reasons HAL is still around or any other DPSU (or PSU at that)- the outdated mindset of successive governments who have allowed public entities to grow ineffective and unresponsive to the changing times.
:close_tema: You are right in every aspect. Maybe govt should equip soldiers with modern gadgets bit by bit till a compact & metwork centric IA is achieved.
On mku's scenario maybe much production will help cut down prices. To what extent I dont know.
F-INSAS will certainly make the IA network centric (this is being pursued very very aggressively by the IA) and I am hoping it will come with a serious upgrade of the personal kit for frontline troops.

Back
Top Bottom