What's new

Latest news about Oil Gas possible discovery

Correct me if i am wrong Pakistan's proven Oil reserves are 350 Million Barrels and Pakistan is producing 80,000 to 90,000 Barrels per day,Pakistan's daily requirement is about 600,000 Barrels per day and i guess for fiscal year 2017-18 Oil import bill was 13 billion usd(furnace oil included?) now the discovery(Insha Allah) of possible 1.5 Billion is not bad even if we dont get to export and stop importing it will be huge benefit we will save 13 billion and so much more.
*Note* If someone in this forum has correct figures he/she can correct me.

It’s not ‘good news’ in terms of the discovery of gas/oil reserves - they finished drilling till 5000 meters. The final report on whether any recoverable has/oil reserves exist hasn’t been released.

No reason to celebrate yet.
"AgNoStiC MuSliM" LOL

Too many sane voices today looks like people realise that social media and some channels are not always authentic. We still pray that Allah showers its blessings on us. We have waited for 71 years for a big news.Saying that even if there is a discovery it will still take some time for it to materialise. There will be extended testings because wells tend to deplete with the course of time. And then finally the economics will kick in whether it is feasible or not. We as a nation should pray to Allah to forgive our sins and bestow the same blessings on us as our middle eastern neighbours have.

It’s not ‘good news’ in terms of the discovery of gas/oil reserves - they finished drilling till 5000 meters. The final report on whether any recoverable has/oil reserves exist hasn’t been released.

No reason to celebrate yet.

Foreign companies do not start drilling at a random point, without any reports.
Participating banks do not release the funds in high risk countries, unless the reports are at fanatic level.
Reports of drilling will only come... when discovery figures are close to the feasibility reports.
Otherwise it has risk of sinking Exxon share prices.

Foreign companies do not start drilling at a random point, without any reports.
Investing banks do not release the funds in high risk countries, unless the reports are at fanatic level.
Reports of drilling will obviously come... when they hit the figures close to their feasibility reports.
Otherwise it has risk of sinking Exxon share prices.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping that large oil/gas reserves are discovered. I’m just waiting till the final reports are released.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping that large oil/gas reserves are discovered. I’m just waiting till the final reports are released.
Better all Pakistani buy ExXON Mobil shares , share will sky rocket incase of success . the pocket of oil is same starting from Iraq, Saudia , Iran up till Pakistan. It may have more depth and have bigger serves of oil and gas close to Pakistan .

I used to pray to Allah day and night to give us huge oil and gas reserves and check my phone as soon as I woke up. Everyday the first thing I did when I wake up — despite the fact that I use an old alarm clock — is reach for my phone and check the latest news about oil and gas reserves in Pakistan, I continued to do it for a long time until I devoted some time to thinking that do we Pakistanis really deserve such blessing?:( An Afghan told me that many Pakistanis are vulgar and not good Muslims like Saudis, one Saudi even insulted me because of my country and said that Allah will turn Pakistan upside down just like he sent earthquakes in 2005 in Pakistan as he has seen the current situation and Aurat March in Pakistan, many Afghans made fun of Pakistanis calling them "heera mandi nasal" just because of some immoral ways of our society as he has seen some shameful people of this country but still I will never stop praying, they should not poke their noses in other country's affairs or paint everyone with the same brush, hurtful generalizations have become so widespread that it has also become common to lump a whole group of people with their radical counterparts.
I urged them to drop the stereotypes, I am confused because of those people, don't know whether to continue to pray or not, only Allah has right to judge, not them.

I will continue to pray, Pakistan will InshaAllah rise again. :pakistan:

Always ought to stand up for yourself and make a retort when you disagree with what others say, learn to shut out other people's opinions I am 100% sure other Pakistanis faced the same situation like me, I don't know why those people hate Pakistan so much and try to find bad sides of it after All, we are also Muslims like them.

Better all Pakistani buy ExXON Mobil shares , share will sky rocket incase of success . the pocket of oil is same starting from Iraq, Saudia , Iran up till Pakistan. It may have more depth and have bigger serves of oil and gas close to Pakistan .

ExxonMobil is the largest non-state owned oil company in the world with 2018 revenue of about $290-billion and profits in excess of $20-billion. It has oil & gas reserves of more that 24-billion bbl OE(oil equivalent).
Unless it is a really big find (>5-billion bbl OE). Don’t think there would large enough increase in its share price to enable one to make a fortune in a hurry.

For the record, the reserves, if actually found won't certainly be from the same pocket as the AG oil producers.
All the oil & gas fields in the Arab Gulf region are located west & north of Bandar Abbas which means about 1000 miles west of Karachi.

In fact, the closest oil-producing area to the drilling place is the Bombay High oil field which is located about 100 miles west of Bombay. It was a giant oil field with the reserves of about 12-billion bbls. It started production in 1974. The production peaked at 400K bpd and now stands at around 205K bpd.

Last edited:
Correct me if i am wrong Pakistan's proven Oil reserves are 350 Million Barrels and Pakistan is producing 80,000 to 90,000 Barrels per day,Pakistan's daily requirement is about 600,000 Barrels per day and i guess for fiscal year 2017-18 Oil import bill was 13 billion usd(furnace oil included?) now the discovery(Insha Allah) of possible 1.5 Billion is not bad even if we dont get to export and stop importing it will be huge benefit we will save 13 billion and so much more.
*Note* If someone in this forum has correct figures he/she can correct me.

Honorable Sir,

You do not start using the product from the oil fields from day one. Firstly more wells need to be drilled to determine the size of the reserves. Additionally depending upon the size of the reservoir & production per well, you need to drill more producing wells to arrive at the production target. The produce will need to be transported to the shore either by ships or pipeline. 250 Km long subsea pipeline will take at 2 to 3 years to complete. The crude also needs to be separated from water and desalted before it can be refined.

Raw natural gas (if it turns out to a gas field) also needs processing before it can be consumed. Raw gas is normally mixed with a small percentage of heavier gaseous hydrocarbons/ condensate and also with sulfur compounds. The gas you get piped to your home is largely methane. Raw gas, therefore, has to be purified. A small percentage of mercaptans is then added which gives the smell so that you can tell if there is a gas leak.

It would be a couple of years at the very least before you see any oil/gas from this field actually being used. Also, don't forget that it won't be free as you would need to pay Exxon & ENI for the costs of purification and pay for their share of the output.

Last edited:
Oil/gas is definitely going to be discovered by Exonmobil led consortium otherwise they would not be drilling there. It is a standard in mining industry to be reasonably sure that a resource/deposit exists at at given place before deep drilling/rock analysis is started. This is done by preliminary techniques involving ex-situ geological surveys and other scientific techniques and sometimes shallow drilling to infer the presence of a deposit at a given place. Once the resource/deposit is proven by non-drilling geological and mining techniques only then the actual deep drilling is performed, which also has multiple stages before an accurate measurement of resource/deposit is made. Then comes the economic feasibility study to calculate the costs of extraction and income from sales and make a final decision that if the project can be economically pursued to the production stage. Actually feasibility strictly adhering to some fixed international mining standards is prerequisite to get funding from investment banks to establish infrastructure for extraction/production etc.

Last edited:
I used to pray to Allah day and night to give us huge oil and gas reserves and check my phone as soon as I woke up. Everyday the first thing I did when I wake up — despite the fact that I use an old alarm clock — is reach for my phone and check the latest news about oil and gas reserves in Pakistan, I continued to do it for a long time until I devoted some time to thinking that do we Pakistanis really deserve such blessing?:( An Afghan told me that many Pakistanis are vulgar and not good Muslims like Saudis, one Saudi even insulted me because of my country and said that Allah will turn Pakistan upside down just like he sent earthquakes in 2005 in Pakistan as he has seen the current situation and Aurat March in Pakistan, many Afghans made fun of Pakistanis calling them "heera mandi nasal" just because of some immoral ways of our society as he has seen some shameful people of this country but still I will never stop praying, they should not poke their noses in other country's affairs or paint everyone with the same brush, hurtful generalizations have become so widespread that it has also become common to lump a whole group of people with their radical counterparts.
I urged them to drop the stereotypes, I am confused because of those people, don't know whether to continue to pray or not, only Allah has right to judge, not them.

Always ought to stand up for yourself and make a retort when you disagree with what others say, learn to shut out other people's opinions I am 100% sure other Pakistanis faced the same situation like me, I don't know why those people hate Pakistan so much and try to find bad sides of it after All, we are also Muslims like them.

Sister, please add some more prayers.. that may Allah subhanahu wata'ala give our nation education, good manners, honest and wise leadership, and most importantly, put us on the right path..

Oil discovery doesn't matter.. The things I have mentioned do.. Imagine we find a lot of oil and gas but we don't know how to best utilize that.. and we spend our oil just like we wasted all our sui gas in stoves.. what will be the benefit?

Our progress only depends on education, nothing else.. Do European countries have oil? Has China reached here because of natural resources? Has South Korea or Japan found Oil/ Gold to attain developed countries status?

Oil will not make a difference at all if we continue like how we have spent our lives since the time Pakistan was founded by Quaid e Azam.. Nigeria is one of the many examples of countries full of resources but still struggling hard to catch up with even progressive countries, let alone developed ones.

Too many sane voices today looks like people realise that social media and some channels are not always authentic. We still pray that Allah showers its blessings on us. We have waited for 71 years for a big news.Saying that even if there is a discovery it will still take some time for it to materialise. There will be extended testings because wells tend to deplete with the course of time. And then finally the economics will kick in whether it is feasible or not. We as a nation should pray to Allah to forgive our sins and bestow the same blessings on us as our middle eastern neighbours have.
Pakistan was energy rich in 1970s we had gas we had cheaply hydro power but we wasted that...

No amount of oil and gas is going to help you if bilawal and maryum are back....
Look at nigeria energy rich, exporter but whats the benefit ?

Pakistan was energy rich in 1970s we had gas we had cheaply hydro power but we wasted that...

No amount of oil and gas is going to help you if bilawal and maryum are back....
Look at nigeria energy rich, exporter but whats the benefit ?
Had Pakistan invested on education, our awam would have kicked out these two families in early 90s... Only education is the way forward..

Pakistan land prices will jump high minimum 10 times close to Karachi and Gawadar within 5 years . Pakistan rupees will closer to USD .Infact , Exxon mobil already got success , now they are drilling more to estimate the depth of oil pocket .Pakistan will be Economic New Super Power, Energy and Industrial Hub IA.

Back
Top Bottom