What's new

Last Air Battle On This Day

Search on line my friend it is quite well known.

So you are getting the rss manual out to tell me who my ancestors are LoL, hubris indeed.

I wish I was in a call center in India, more fun than this boring engineering job!
If you ever do end up in one, then try and adopt some common name, there is nothing more irritating than knowing that the person on the other end of line is a "Desi", imitating a bad accent while claiming to be, Elvis, Clint or Brooke. !!!
Ok, clearly you have no valid response to any of my points. More germanely, if you read my posts you will NOT find me saying that one kill is better than other. In this alternate universe that you call your mind, you think I wrote that.
It was my initive, you were desperate to counter with your own tall claim of irrelevant value and as for the wild goose chase, let me refresh your MIND...
Actually this day(Dec 17th) was a really good one for IAF, since our air warriors shot down 2 F-104(PAF's creme de la creme) this day! Now, if that is not chest thumping on my victory is better than yours, then buddy, you suffer from a memory lapse.!!
Believe me, respect is not earned by being proficient in a foreign tongue. You could have replied to me in any vernacular language and if there was merit, I would have acknowledged it. My grandmother could not speak a word of English, let alone type it. So what, I still respected her. So why are you typing in a manner that is clearly shows you are sitting with a dictionary in one hand, using words and phrases that make little sense?
Digressing from the original topic and questioning me on my residential status and then claiming your seniority all over the thread speaks volumes of your priorities.
Even if your English is a decimal proficient, it certainly doesn't pushes you up the corporate ladder. A simple way of comprehending a topic or debate is to observe the caliber of acknowledgement your post(s) receive. You my friend are no where in the equation.
You will perhaps look back at your posts here and cringe one day in sheer embarrasment.
Perhaps your statement should have been, "I love me, who do you love". !!!

@ windjammer

After the initial preemptive strike, PAF adopted a defensive stance in response to the Indian retaliation. As the war progressed, the Indian Air Force continued to battle the PAF over conflict zones, but the number of sorties flown by the PAF gradually decreased day-by-day. The Indian Air Force flew 4,000 sorties while its counterpart, the PAF offered little in retaliation, partly because of the paucity of non-Bengali technical personnel. This lack of retaliation has also been attributed to the deliberate decision of the PAF High Command to cut its losses as it had already incurred huge losses in the conflict. The PAF also did not intervene during the Indian Navy's raid on Pakistani naval port city of Karachi.

And 1,000 years we owned india:)

We intend to own it again God willing...

I think in time of war against India when it comes to it in a few years time, PAF has to adopt an extremely aggressive stance... A defensive approach would not be suitable...

The PAF has won all of the air battles - kill ratio is very heavy in PAF's favour:)

haahahaha rafi plz get ur airthmetics correct.....
or u shud paste this post on joke or joke of the day thread,,, yar too funny..

the Indian Air Force had shot down 94 PAF aircraft, including 54 F-86 Sabres. According to some sources, the overall attrition rate (losses per 100 sorties) was 0.48 for the IAF and 1.42 for the PAF, the PAF flying 2914 combat sorties while the IAF flew 7,346 combat sorties during the conflict. According to a PAF officer, 61.5% of PAF's sorties were defensive while 65.5% of IAF's sorties were offensive.

even better than the israelis----

kya padate hai pakistan mai jara humko bhi to batao.....

and u said we ruled 1000 years.....

who is this "we"?
indians ruled till afghanistan in time of ashoka.. refer if in doubt......
now those who got afraid from invading rulers,changd their religion...
now define "we"

We intend to own it again God willing...

I think in time of war against India when it comes to it in a few years time, PAF has to adopt an extremely aggressive stance... A defensive approach would not be suitable...

and this time what part of your country do you want to loose.

the Indian Air Force had shot down 94 PAF aircraft, including 54 F-86 Sabres. According to some sources, the overall attrition rate (losses per 100 sorties) was 0.48 for the IAF and 1.42 for the PAF, the PAF flying 2914 combat sorties while the IAF flew 7,346 combat sorties during the conflict. According to a PAF officer, 61.5% of PAF's sorties were defensive while 65.5% of IAF's sorties were offensive.

Yaar stop joking. It is too much. 94 aircrafts Lolzzz. :)

kya padate hai pakistan mai jara humko bhi to batao.....

Aap bhi batain yeh 94 PAF aircrafts wala lateefa kahan sai seekha?:D

Last edited:
Yaar stop joking. It is too much. 94 aircrafts Lolzzz. :)

Aap bhi batain yeh 94 PAF aircrafts wala lateefa kahan sai seekha?:D

aap ne hi sikhaya hahhaha i knew u wud b asking that........
just google pakistan air force.... aur wikipedia be dekh lo....

@ windjammer

After the initial preemptive strike, PAF adopted a defensive stance in response to the Indian retaliation. As the war progressed, the Indian Air Force continued to battle the PAF over conflict zones, but the number of sorties flown by the PAF gradually decreased day-by-day. The Indian Air Force flew 4,000 sorties while its counterpart, the PAF offered little in retaliation, partly because of the paucity of non-Bengali technical personnel. This lack of retaliation has also been attributed to the deliberate decision of the PAF High Command to cut its losses as it had already incurred huge losses in the conflict. The PAF also did not intervene during the Indian Navy's raid on Pakistani naval port city of Karachi.
Seems you are reading right out of your self serving history prospective, The air war in the Western Sector was a different ball game, the PAF strategy was to fight from the West for East, hence it remained offensive through out the conflict. The IAF claim of flying 4000 sorties was of little achievement when compared to PAF's effort of flying over 3000 in the same period (See Table). Now it doesn't take an historian to conclude, that for an Air Force possessing almost four times the quantity, it's a poor show of deliverance. Keep also in mind that at least three PAF Squadron were not even utilized as they were being conserved for long battles ahead. Albeit the PAF at the time didn't possess any maritime facility, it none the less made every effort to counter the menace of the Indian Styx missile boats, however on the night of 5 December, through a single B-57 raid on Okha naval base, PAF scored direct bomb hits on Fuel and Ammo damps and the missile boat jetty. Such attacks on Pakistan Naval installations ceased after this daring raid.
scan0011-2.jpg

from another forum I got this :
Few corrections here dude.......Maqsood Amir pumped a 2 second burst into that mig-21FL at virtually point blank range from his six .50cal brownings. Also this combat took place in Sindh province, not East Pakistan. The Indian pilot made the mistake of slowing down to try to put his pipper on the Sabre, but in doing so got outmaneuvered by the PAF pilot........Same thing that happened to the twice unlucky PAF pilot Amjad Khan in his F-104. He was shot down in the 65 war by a Mystere IVA that he had damaged with his gun. Amjad Khan slowed down too!

Back
Top Bottom