What's new

Larkana: Hindu worship place set ablaze by miscreants over ‘alleged burning of holy pages

Even having GB will not give a safe passage to Afghanistan . They share only a small border and the area is almost sandwiched between Pak and Tajikistan .

View attachment 21478

The only advantage will be denying direct land root between Pak and China .

Well it looks small on map ...
But the very fact that Pakistan has been using it as Launchpad for militancy in Afghanistan ...tells us that it is more than sufficient to allow grand passage to Afghanistan ...

Imagine direct access to oil and natural gas in Central Asia

This is the " Prime Plot " in future of Central Asia Geopolitics...

Unfortunately we lost it due to our short sightedness ....

Even if capture GB I don't think we can use it link up with Central Asia because of the terrain.
I think using Iran route is more viable, safer and cheaper alternative.

It will be better than other grand projects like TAPI , IPI and what not ...

Last edited:
I will play the devil's advocate here and view things from Pakistan's perspective.
The GB area is extremely important. It gives them a direct land route to China and prevent Indian access to Central Asia.
Plus it is has the approach to Kargil and hence Ladakh. This also makes it useful for making Siachen untenable for India.
Containing a conventional Indian thrust into GB has low chance of success - considering the terrain and logistical difficulties. A determined enemy can seriously impede Indian advance by simply blowing up the approaches to Skardu. :tup:

But honestly speaking - Pakistan's posturing here has largely been defensive in nature. The infrastructure is still dismal and might I say, of 1950s time(almost)!

@Joe Shearer can help wrt to this tactical situation.

You are true and wrong at the same time. The infrastructure has improved a lot and Pakistan has constructed roads even in the valleys like Saltoro and Kondus. Something that wasn't existing a few decades ago. Even Dansem region has a road. India was very low chance here. It is morel like a lost cause. Unless India is ready for heavy casualties and wants to cross all limits there is no chance of India gaining anything in that region.

Those days are not far when all minorities will have to start keeping weapons to keep themselves safe from extremists.
those days are not far when every person who is not a Deobandi terrorist will have to keep weapons for himself

Pakistan is not safe for any human being now.

the age old dream of Wahabists of destroying Napakistan of Kafir Azam seems to be coming true.
this place is anything but "Pak" now.

my condolences for the Hindu victims and I grieve for all target communities of Pakistan.
if there was any doubt that Pakistani state appeases and sponsors terrorism then Nawaz government has removed that suspicion. it openly endorses Taliban and terms them patriots,
is willing to supply weapons to Syrian cannibals, rapists and butchers.

It will be better than other grand projects like TAPI , IPI and what not ...

I don't think a pipeline passing through the highest mountain range with extreme climate will be better than TAPI or IPI which are no go area for India anyways because of growing radicalization of Pakistani people.

Our best chance of connecting to Central Asia is Iran

Even having GB will not give a safe passage to Afghanistan . They share only a small border and the area is almost sandwiched between Pak and Tajikistan .

View attachment 21478

The only advantage will be denying direct land root between Pak and China .

Guess why US has such an unsual interest in Giligit Baltistan region ?

It figues quite frequently in US strategic community ...

Why did you left Muslims out of Pakistan and count every other tom dick and harry?.

So everyone apart from muslims are tom dick and harry in pakistan?

By the way he did include shia and sunni.

In any war of the future, the period of conflict will most likely be restricted to a few days. In such short notice a region as vast as GB cannot be taken back - especially considering the fact that the place is defensible and also the individual training and motivation of the Pakistani soldier( in this case that will be the GB scouts, yes I don't underestimate them)
Pre war 'Brandenburger' actions, fifth columnists, behind the lines and paradrops are the only way to quickly clear the area. Even then it is very very difficult, simply because of the advanced radars that are surely there to spot any untoward movement of aircraft, thus making paras very very risky or even suicidal. :(

There is no such thing as GB scouts. It is now NLI and they are a regular infantry of Pakistan army. This time not only they would have support from artillery and other regiments of PA but PAF also be at their disposal in case if they need it. The Skardu airstrip has been already constructed with such scenario with PAF F 16 using them for sorties in 2002. And there are a dozen more airstrip like this one all over GB. NLI is full of the same so called "oppressed Shias" and we all know that there is nobody better than them when it comes to mountain warfare.

operations-deployments-11-large.jpg

There might be a few issues in GB but overall GB is the most peaceful region of Pakistan. The skardu police station hasn't file a FIR since last two years. :lol:

So give all this Shia persecution sh!t a break. Despite a few issues GB is very very safe and peaceful. And is also in very strong hands. :)

Last edited:
Well it looks small on map ...
But the very fact that Pakistan has been using it as Launchpad for militancy in Afghanistan ...tells us that it is more than sufficient to allow grand passage to Afghanistan ...

Imagine direct access to oil and natural gas in Central Asia and denial of same to China ...

This is the " Prime Plot " in future of Central Asia Geopolitics...

Unfortunately we lost it due to our short sightedness ....

It can be chocked by Pakistan anytime they want + the terrain makes it impossible to be any meaningful passage .

China borders Central Asia .So they will have multiple ways to access Central Asia and we won't be able to deny anything .

I don't think a pipeline passing through the highest mountain range with extreme climate will be better than TAPI or IPI which are no go area for India anyways because of growing radicalization of Pakistani people.

Our best chance of connecting to Central Asia is Iran

at one time we were mulling pipe line through Pakistan ...and then now we are mulling Pipe line over sea bed ...
Do you think Pipe line over land controlled by Us will be a bad option ?

well the strategic incentives for successful campaign are also not less charming ! LOL

Imagine having direct access to Central Asia by land ....having direct contiguous boundary with Afghanistan ...
and last but not the least ...the creation of physical wall between China and Pakistan ...

In even of war India should open campaign in this sector with unparalleled vigor .

There is nothing that is completely defensible and unwinnable ....

But as I said ...It's mere day dreaming ...it's not gonna happen .

there are always strategic incentives in every success. But that doesn't make it possible or doable too. The best year to invade GB was in 1948 but in that year Indian forces were surrendering in Skardu. So I think you late by at least a few decades. But yes you can try. In case you are OK with all the cost that this foolishness would incur.

It can be chocked by Pakistan anytime they want + the terrain makes it impossible to be any meaningful passage .

China borders Central Asia .So they will have multiple ways to access Central Asia and we won't be able to deny anything .

we will be able to deny them access to Pakistan ...and More so we will be able to deny Pakistan an access to China ...

It will render Gwadar useless to China ...

If they really burnt the pages of our holy book then they deserved what they got.Good job not just burn their mandirs but also kill them and send their dead bodies to bharat mata.We dont need such crap on our land of pure.

Yes please take all of them.

Voice of young pakistan :o:

One drug addict insulted a book, you are correct all hindus should be killed and sent in packs to India. They are definitely Indians right, son of land of pure?

there are always strategic incentives in every success. But that doesn't make it possible or doable too. The best year to invade GB was in 1948 but in that year Indian forces were surrendering in Skardu. So I think you late by at least a few decades. But yes you can try. In case you are OK with all the cost that this foolishness would incur.

I agree with you ..it's too late for India to understand the importance of GB .

Back
Top Bottom