What's new

Laptop production takes off in Bangladesh today

It says after the initial stage...10,000 laptops will be produced annually.

Looks like the production of BD-08 rifles have a competition now...!

Cheers!!!

This is how our beloved country made it this far. Insha'Allah, the land where the pen is given more importance than the sword shall never fall and will continue to rise!

Sorry for off topic but is that a magpie? The magpies we have here are vicious little sh*ts. I have been attacked by them several times.

Sorry, but that made me laugh to tears. :laugh: But I hope you didn't get hurt though..

Great!

This is The Inception 2011.

Anyway, can anyone tell why Japan does not produce processors as like Intel and AMD of USA. What is their limitation?

Fabs create a lot of pollution. I think this is one reason why many countries did not directly support efforts at getting their own production facilities for high end chips, even though the production technology is relatively easy to acquire compared to the research which very few companies keep for themselves.

May be the use or availability of Silicon can be matter for countries like Japan, Korea and Taiwan. They make sophisticated RAM and Memory Cards and what not, but not processors. Strange!

Anyway, which parts of DOEL are manufactured in BD, or every part is just assembled here after importing at low rate?

Congratulations. BD can export these laptops to Pakistan as well as we are in dire need of cheap computers to meet our growing needs

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

And by above post i have been promoted as Major in PD.

that will be nice yes we will do a brotherly business with Pakistan and i am sure a lot of PPL will buy it as it is cheap and affordable to everyone

Doel laptop to hit market by Oct 15

Bangladesh's first-ever manufactured laptop will hit the markets by October 15, the chief of a parliamentary body said yesterday.

With advice of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology and technical support from Malaysia's state-owned Telephone Shilpo Sangstha (Tesis) is manufacturing the low-priced laptop, Doel.

Telecoms Minister Rajiuddin Ahmed Raju informed the parliamentary standing committee on the telecoms ministry that Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to unveil the laptop.

The committee chief, Hasanul Haq Inu, told reporters that four types of the laptop would be priced at Tk 10,000, Tk 12,000, Tk 21,000 and Tk 25,000.

The government organisations, including educational institutions, will be the first to buy the laptops, Inu said

Doel laptop to hit market by Oct 15

Good show!

felixthecatsgal.gif

Back
Top Bottom