What's new

Landmark Bills on Voting passed in Pakistan NA today

Somebody is reminding, today is the last date for outgoing DG, so it must happen today or never.

Fixed seats on basis of population of Pakistanis in a certain country/region.

Do all overseas have a home constituency in Pakistan? What about those whose parents and grand parents have migrated?
Bad idea, such members of Parliament would be a target discrimination by anyone who doesn’t like their proposals.

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.
Agree
They should be stripped of citizen ships too
To hell with their remittences and investments we dont need that..
They can send their money to india..

I hope someone can do a rundown on what got passed
I believe 17 different laws were passed

Bad idea, such members of Parliament would be a target discrimination by anyone who doesn’t like their proposals.
Overseas pakistanis dont know ground realities..

they get free money from arab countries or govt welfare money and dont work at all. So they shouldnt be allowed to vote.

The only exception should be nawaz sharif and his family they should be allowed to vote as they have suffered for this country.

While a good step in the right direction, one should not forget and the government must make it a priority to safeguard the EVM system from hacking or misuse by the current or future governments as well as interference from outside forces as online rigging can be a lot easier and bigger compared to physical rigging if proper safeguards are not put in place.

The EVM software and data storage must be super secured and must be audited by independent cyber security firms before and after the election to make sure the results were not tampered with.

PTI Govt just passed landmark bills successfully in NA. Defeat for the opposition.

1) EVMs introduction in Pakistan elections bill
2) Over seas Pakistanis can now vote thru internet

Half of overseas Pakistanis votes were casted illegally in previous GE!

Now those lists are garbage and the actual voter gets a chance to exercise his right!

All my life i have been suppoter for voting rights of overseas pakistanis. But now i am against it because these overseas pakistanis are devoid of ground reality. A person not living in the country, not facing policies of govt, not facing consequences of his voting choice should not have the right to vote. Overseas should not be allowed to vote in every constituency but instead given fixed number of seats in NA and PAs if they really have to.
i think those overseas pakistnai go to vote will be jobless . kon kam chor ker aysy fazool dhandhy kerny jata hai ?

While a good step in the right direction, one should not forget and the government must make it a priority to safeguard the EVM system from hacking or misuse by the current or future governments as well as interference from outside forces as online rigging can be a lot easier and bigger compared to physical rigging if proper safeguards are not put in place.

The EVM software and data storage must be super secured and must be audited by independent cyber security firms before and after the election to make sure the results were not tampered with.
A blockchain implementation with proof of stake protocol would solve many problems.

E

Evm cannot be hacked

MashAllah, great news for Pakistan. EVM will reduce rigging a huge amount.

At this point in time, how could we confirm that it will reduce the rigging a huge amount? In computer terminology, there is a term called 'GIGO' (Garbage In Garbage Out); the fear of misuse by operator is still there until if demonstration could confirm the transparency in some by-polls. ECP will resist hard or could manipulate the use as they are on the other side of the equation.
Though IMO such improvements should be incorporated in the system to reduce the electoral costs, processing time in gathering results of constituencies, and ease of data analysis upon claims of rigging. All such parameters could be tested and confirmed only, once the system will be put to work in some real test/time situation.

America main Establishment kay banday hi hamasha election jitay hain. Thanks to EVM. That’s what Trump was complaining about. Sab janty hain Biden selected hy, elected nhi.
Didn't know patwari are also in US establishment
Hehe

This overseas voting through internet could be a double edged sword as it opens easier avenues for foreign intel to influence Pakistani elections, no matter how secure u make something, if its online, it can be hacked.

Back
Top Bottom